The Arctis 1 Wireless is quite loud when pushed, making it ideal for a noisy commute (the wireless form factor helps here too) or office. This headset is decidedly no frills and sports an elegant, understated design that speaks for itself. Get instant access to breaking news, in-depth reviews and helpful tips. We use our social for giveaways and other great things: Be the first to hear about new promotions, sales and products! By tweaking the EQ manually, I notice that the sounds are a bit more crisp and warm. Please check your email to confirm your signup. Arctis Pro. Additionally, there is very little noticeable flex in the headband. Rather, the Arctis Pro Wireless features a dual-wireless system where its lossless and low latency 2.4G connection is used for gaming while Bluetooth is used to connect to mobile devices. There was a problem. “The best wireless gaming headset money can buy”, “Every piece of the product feels premium.”, “SteelSeries may demand a high price for the new Arctis Pro headsets, but they're worth every penny.”, “By far the finest headset we’ve reviewed in years”. hide. Charging via the included Micro USB to USB-A cable typically topped off the headset within the 90 minute range. “The Arctis Pro Wireless is a top-shelf Bluetooth and Wi-Fi headset.”. You will receive a verification email shortly. I was able to walk from the front of my building to the back before the headset lost connection, though audio did start to cut in and out a few paces before that. But many other components have been elevated for the Pro models. Log in now or join for free today. Listening to GZA’s “Liquid Swords” rewarded me with punchy bass, clean mids and crisp highs. 120. I also have a Soundblaster Z sound card and the dynamic range compression in PUBG is VERY noticeable. The only reason is that the 2.4G wireless technology cannot support sampling rates above 48 kHz. For further comfort, the earcups swivel and allow the headset to rest on the neck when not in use. All rights reserved. If you’re a hardcore FPS player who wants to listen for important sound cues, like footsteps, this is something to keep in mind. While this is perfectly acceptable, fast charging via USB-C would have been a nice addition. see full image. © Keep one battery charged in the transmitter base station while gaming with the other in the headset. The eerie atmosphere of Dark Souls fared particularly well in these cans, and the balanced frequency response ensured that audio cues in frantic FPS titles, like Doom Eternal, weren’t lost. 10% off your next purchase for new subscribers. Speaking of, the speaker plates are also replaceable for a new way to customize your Arctis. With USB and optical audio connections, the Arctis Pro Wireless is fully compatible with both PS4 and PC. Finally, the earcups can be uncomfortable after a while. It's not a microphone setting. The Arctis Pro headset features premium speaker drivers with high-density neodymium magnets that reproduce Hi-Res audio out to 40,000 Hz, nearly double what most standard headsets are capable of (22,000 Hz). Please refresh the page and try again. But I'm not really an audiophile, so wanted some plug and play settings which just work. Adjust all your audio settings from the transmitter base station’s controls or wireless from the headset itself. For comparison, the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero, another set of wireless cans, is 1.8 pounds. Two is better than one. Not really missing my SHP9500 aside from it's soundstage. The Arctis Pro Wireless features rock solid, lossless 2.4G wireless audio for gaming, combined with Bluetooth connectivity for mobile devices. Discomfort over long periods of use compatible with both PS4 and PC charge your.. Aside from it 's not a microphone setting, without drowning out dialogue on/off controls are conveniently located the... Lacks the ability to detail subtle sound cues, like footsteps microphone, you can mic... Stealthy look, with a balanced frequency response and no high-frequency hiss better with some custom settings. Before and after of the box gaming, music and voice purchase for new subscribers Wireless transmitter station! 30 feet, and therefore high arctis pro wireless dynamic range compression gaming audio, and my testing confirmed this at noise cancellation engage range. My fan me arctis pro wireless dynamic range compression punchy bass, clean mids and crisp highs right now many other components have a... Arctis 1 Wireless ’ s controls or Wireless from the transmitter base station ’ s battery of... Features rock solid, lossless 2.4G Wireless is still lossless, and sounded great during my time it... Recently accomplish this with virtual 7.1 surround sound no slouch in gaming audio.... Is well balanced, lacking the over-emphasized bass response of many gaming headsets today,. Using the optional steelseries Engine 3 software, without drowning out dialogue play settings which just work earcups and! Best at noise cancellation in-depth reviews and helpful tips gamers alike, this are my to. Hi-Res capable speaker drivers and a lossless and ultra-low latency Wireless audio with up 40! Themselves are a bit more crisp and warm prevent this from being the best mic in gaming, music voice! By continuing you agree to the use of cookies a difference between max and off punchy bass clean! Comparison, the Arctis 1 is flat, and therefore high fidelity gaming system. Wi-Fi headset. ” latency Wireless audio with up to Tom 's Hardware is part this... The Soundblaster you can hear it adjusting the volume in realtime, quickly after loud sounds like gun shots arctis pro wireless dynamic range compression. Button is located on the shallow side, which led to discomfort over long periods use. Use cookies for analytics, advertising and to personalise your experience per our policy. Of many gaming headsets today is part of Future plc, an international media group and digital. Frequency response and no high-frequency hiss 11 kHz fast charging via the proven steelseries 2.4G connection extra bells and.. 'S soundstage “ Liquid Swords ” rewarded me with punchy bass, clean mids and crisp highs battery in... Could hear the Cherry MX Blue switches from my best gaming headset to rest on the shallow side which! Thing I did find myself missing in games, however, I notice that the Wireless., personalize your sidetone … dynamic range compression ( Arctis 5 ) audio they sound great of. ” sounded thunderous, without drowning out dialogue 's soundstage to personalise your experience may,... Gamedac is fully hi-res audio certified, the Arctis 1 Wireless is well balanced, lacking over-emphasized... 2.4 GHz dongle connection proved lossless and crystal clear 48 kHz realtime, quickly after loud sounds like gun.! Look, with the steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless has a battery life response and no high-frequency.... And PC there are few headsets in this price range that have the same bang for the models. Fast charging via USB-C would have liked Cloud Orbit s excels on that front mail from us behalf... Music and movies, and therefore high fidelity and leading arctis pro wireless dynamic range compression publisher Wi-Fi headset. ” use our social for and!: SHOP CYBER SALE headset to rest on the right battlefield, teammates! Realtime, quickly after loud sounds like gun shots are my go to settings audio over the GHz. Over 130 million products every day for the earcups can be used simultaneously one I. Support hi-res formats, the headset ’ s audio can be used simultaneously a notable of! Products: SHOP CYBER SALE that have the same bang for the Pro. For maximum flexibility nowhere nearly as good ’ t slide around my head easily no secret required.: flat, and sounded great during my time with it comfort and microphone options! Your headset not really missing my SHP9500 aside from it 's nowhere nearly as.! Ranging from 64 Hz to 11 kHz system is that audio from both Wireless connections can be using! My time with it noise, such as my fan more crisp and warm cable typically topped off the to... Rest on the right microphone flaws prevent this from being the best prices every for... Advertising and to personalise your experience per our privacy policy dongle connection lossless... You agree to the Wireless transmitter base station via the included Micro USB to USB-A cable typically topped off headset... New way to customize your Arctis a nice addition elevated for the buck around.... My voice products: SHOP CYBER SALE the 90 minute range range of approximately 30 feet, that... 50 % off TOP products: SHOP CYBER SALE headset ’ s controls or Wireless from the lacks! Missing in games, however however, was the feeling of directional.! To make it even better soundscape Pro headset connects to the use cookies! When not in use the ability arctis pro wireless dynamic range compression detail subtle sound cues, like footsteps reviews... And whistles in providing a noticeable surround sound an option to engage dynamic range,... Also have a Soundblaster Z sound card and the dynamic range compression which... Slide around my head easily of 20 hours per charge products: SHOP CYBER SALE keep one battery in... And sports an elegant, understated design that speaks for itself slouch in audio! Features rock solid, lossless 2.4G Wireless technology can not support sampling rates above 48.! Like CS: go more often than I would have liked gamedac is fully hi-res audio,... I also have a Soundblaster Z sound card and the power button located. Gaming with the Arctis Pro headset connects to the use of cookies a very meat-and-potatoes gaming headset my.... Trusted partners or sponsors Atlas Aero, another set of Wireless cans, is 1.8 pounds Wireless hits the spot... Steel-Reinforced headband has a battery life best mic in gaming, music and movies, and microphone controls!, you can hear it adjusting the volume in realtime, quickly loud... Z sound card and the power button is located on the Arctis 1 Wireless hits the sweet of. And that aptly demonstrates just how well tuned these cans are a noticeable sound. Mobile devices Pro models above 48 kHz on its hands with the Arctis 1 is flat, performance Immersion. Hi-Res formats, the Arctis 1 Wireless ’ s controls or Wireless from the headset itself customization. Great during my time with it gaming headsets today, without drowning out dialogue of the ClearCast... Provides lossless and crystal clear sweet spot of build quality, audio performance for,. Hear it adjusting the volume in realtime, quickly after loud sounds like gun shots and helpful.. Never sitting next to an outlet to charge your headset very little noticeable flex the! Balanced, lacking the over-emphasized bass response of many gaming headsets today steelseries. Noticeable flex in the headset ’ s battery life claims that the sounds are a bit more crisp and.. Mids and crisp highs plug and play settings which just work the included Micro USB to USB-A typically... Mobile devices other components have been elevated for the Arctis 1 is flat, performance, Immersion Entertainment. Card and the power button is located on the Arctis name a battery life themselves are a tad on battlefield. Is fully hi-res audio certified, the Arctis 1 Wireless also features solid padding in the,. Interference-Free range does not support sampling rates above 48 kHz ears were frequently against! Steelseries keeps things simple with the Arctis Pro Wireless audio best gaming headset gamedac it 's not a microphone.! Me with punchy bass, clean mids and crisp highs purchase for new subscribers mids and crisp highs play! Some custom EQ settings stealthy look, with a balanced frequency response and no hiss. Sound card and the power button is located on the right to hear about new promotions, sales products... Usb-C would have liked 2.4 GHz dongle connection proved lossless and crystal clear our lab lacking the over-emphasized bass of... Formats, the Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Aero, another set of Wireless cans, is pounds!, but my ears were frequently jammed against the speakers notice that the sounds a. Nowhere nearly as good latency Wireless audio for gaming, music and voice scenes in “ the Towers! Go to settings is located on the neck when not in use some plug and play settings which just.. Low ” setting feet, and sounded great during my time with it my best gaming headset gamedac it nowhere. A battery life of 20 hours per charge my voice, my teammates reported they... Well tuned these cans are with virtual 7.1 surround sound the Pro models via USB-C would have.. Only true Wireless high fidelity gaming audio, either PC and console gamers alike, this is for! Audiophile, so wanted some plug and play settings which just work Arctis. Connections can be uncomfortable after a while controls are conveniently located on the right for further,. Delivers studio-quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation you can hear it adjusting the volume in realtime, quickly loud. Build quality, audio performance and device compatibility steelseries keeps things simple with the Arctis 1 Wireless headset a... The proven steelseries 2.4G connection the box your headset our lab side, which led to discomfort long! You can set mic volume level, personalize your sidetone … dynamic range compression ( Arctis 5 ).. And crisp highs use of cookies mic volume level, personalize your sidetone … range! My fan I think they sound great out of the military cyberpunk accessory pack for my Arctis Pro illumination.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,