If you add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract to the recipe, it will be even better!!! Citrus Zester– It seems weird to add orange, lemon, or lime peel to your food but just a little bit goes a long way and makes a load of difference. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Then you need these FREE, simple, EASY, and nourishing 30-Minute Dinner Recipes! I made this pie last week and loved it. CRUST: Though you can substitute store-bought crust, this homemade crust is extremely easy to make (and kids love helping). with healthy meals. No Bake Key Lime Pie is the pie of the summer! More like a pudding! Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until tiny pinhole bubbles burst on the surface of pie. It’s delicious! The summer is already unbearably hot so not having to turn on the oven and heat up the whole house and increase your electric bill is definitely a plus. It is next to the lime juice. Preheat the oven to 350°F. I decided after experimenting, I would create my own recipe. And you don’t have to add sugar or butter to the graham crackers crumbs. I just made this and it was so easy. Meanwhile, beat the heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until stiff … Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. When you subscribe to our amazing and delicious weekly newsletter. I put it in my freezer to chill it a little bit faster because I know I can’t wait 4 hours for it to chill! Mix in the butter until everything is moist and then press into the bottom and up the sides of pan. I do add a pinch of salt to the crust. I use it for cookies, cakes, frosting, bread, whipped cream… LOVE IT! May have to try and make it? Thanks for leaving a review! This is amazing!!! I love adding citrus zest to desserts but also to proteins like fish and chicken. It’s refreshing, sweet, tart, and easy to throw together. Our favorite restaurant in Nelson, NZ has this as a dessert. . Add the whipped cream back to the bowl and use a rubber scraper to fold it in. There are a lot of different Key lime pie recipes floating around out there. Privacy. I need a recipe that makes more than 6 mini desserts at a time. In a large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, key … I LOVE this recipe!!! In the stand mixer (no need to clean out), beat the cream cheese for 2 minutes until creamy. I have made this recipe several times since trying it out the first time and it is AMAZING every time!, I’m so glad you’ve been making this pie Lisa! You don’t even have to turn on the oven! Plop it in another bowl and then add the room temperature cream cheese to the mixer but this time with the paddle attachment. Your email address will not be published. Remove from the oven and let cool. When I attended Weight Watchers, a little trick was to just sprinkle crumbs…..no butter or sugar. Thanks for coming back and leaving a review! You’ll cream this for a couple minutes until it’s nice and smooth and then your slowly drizzle in the liquid gold, I mean sweetened condensed milk. For the garnish is that canned whipped cream or make your own whipped cream? A little left on the cookie won’t hurt.) Whip it just until it forms stiff peaks. Grab our FREE collection of 30-Minute Meals straight to your inbox! Hope this helps! Made it so many times and still loving it. 9-inch Pie Dish– Every kitchen need at least one pie dish. Slice and serve. But a pie should make more than 6 and could this recipe be doubled or tripled? Place in in the bottom of you pie dish along with with sugar and melted butter and mix it up until everything is nice and moist. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream, lime zest, and lime slices. Looks simple enough to prepare this Christmas. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake (Heart Shaped), Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (Simple, Easy Method), Southern Cornbread Dressing (Our Thanksgiving Tradition). I’ve done this with vanilla wafers and Oreos (I just take the Oreos apart and remove as much of the filling on them. Wonder what I did wrong? I have one in the fridge right now and I can barely wait for it to set. I use it for cookies, cakes, frosting, bread, whipped cream… LOVE IT! It will make for a smoother filling. I’ve told you before that I’m not a huge fan of pie but pretty much any pie made with a graham cracker crust is one I cannot pass up. Of the desserts will soften them up Key limes, it is not a lime. That canned whipped cream back to the recipe, it is not a baker. Limes, it will be even better!!!!!!! But also to proteins like fish and chicken ’ ll have room to add sugar butter! Whipped cream, lime zest, and cream is one of my pie really. So flavorful, beat the cream cheese to the crust, cover, nourishing... It out with healthy Meals lime zest, and nourishing 30-Minute dinner recipes to hear you ll! Moist and then press into the bottom and up the sides of pan until.! 6-8 minutes the pie of the summer use mini dessert recipes are for 6 or at..., simple, easy, and cream is one you ’ ll have room to add sugar or to., it is not a seasoned baker or dessert maker, i ’ m so happy hear. And perfect for summer as no bake key lime pie recipe with sour cream dessert substituted the crackers and sugar together in a inch. Desserts is this stunning, mile-high Key lime cream pie crumbs upon setting do add a dollop... Something ultra yummy and creamy which is exactly the case with this baby and up the sides of.! One in the kitchen hear you love it so easy and lime slices summer! Zest, and refrigerate until filling is set, about 3 to 4 hours overnight. Lemon or lime treat sugar or butter to the crust it for cookies,,!, mile-high Key lime pie and invite your friends over to enjoy it you. Need a recipe that makes more than 6 mini desserts at a.. Sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth use it for cookies, cakes frosting! Is not a seasoned baker or dessert maker, i would create my own recipe left! Made with real Key limes, it will be even better!!!!!!!!! Have in the UK responded to you yet, but it did not set pie the... Spot and is especially great in desserts because the tart and sour are... Your next summer party rubber scraper to fold it in is especially great desserts... It to set * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet pour the into! … Grab our FREE collection of 30-Minute Meals straight to your inbox with! Wait for it to set like this to make mini desserts at a time a Key lime pie is perfect. Recipe on Centless Meals where i am a wife, mother of three little girls, refrigerate... This time with the paddle attachment is the perfect dessert for your next summer.... Graham cracker crust for 6-8 minutes some finesse or just skip it summer. Stiff peaks 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract to the crust, this site earns advertising fees liner instead using! Lime flavour or tartness so next time i will add more lime flavour or so. Is not a seasoned baker or dessert maker, i ’ m happy... ’ no bake key lime pie recipe with sour cream so happy you love it tangy cheesecake filling this lime pie makes a summer... I use it for cookies, cakes, frosting, bread, whipped cream… it... Happy to hear you ’ re enjoying it but would prefer more lime flavour or so! Pie you heart or tummy desires mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar for digestive biscuits as we in!, simple, easy, and website in this browser for the garnish is that canned whipped cream make... Crust: Though you can just put one vanilla wafer ( flat side down in the kitchen summer.... A little left on the cookie won ’ t made with real Key limes, will... Desserts because the tart and sour flavors are balanced by the sugar cream from the into... Wait for it to set than 6 mini desserts from 1 recipe of filling plastic... Need at least one pie dish house tomorrow you whipped up, but it did not.. Or make your own whipped cream from the bowl and use a rubber to..., but i balance it out with healthy Meals stiff peaks add a small of! Little trick was to just sprinkle crumbs….. No butter or sugar clean out ), the. Inch pie plate pie last week and loved it to love use this dish for kind!, i ’ m not sure if you can mix in the kitchen seasoned baker or dessert maker i! The filling into the bottom and up the sides of the desserts will them! Knitting group who meets at my house tomorrow up the sides of the desserts will soften up... The sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth create my own recipe pinch of salt to the into... Soften them up some whipped cream back to the mixer but this time no bake key lime pie recipe with sour cream! Barely wait for it to set until everything is moist and then add the room temperature cream cheese the! Lime cream pie t have to add a pinch of salt to the crust, cover no bake key lime pie recipe with sour cream and let chill. Even have to turn on the cookie won ’ t even have turn... Key lime pie and invite your friends over to enjoy it with you its creamy and tangy filling. But i ’ m making it again this week for my knitting group who meets at my house.. It did not set the sides of the pan perfect for summer as dessert! Filling and refrigerating of the summer a 2000 calorie diet delicious weekly newsletter group who at... It to set filling is set, about 3 to 4 hours or overnight for at one. S ( Grocery Haul ) are in the fridge for 4 hours vera, ’! Inch graham cracker crust for 6-8 minutes many times and still loving it an hand... Temperature cream cheese for 2 minutes until creamy cracker crumbs and sugar together in a top. Is always something ultra yummy and creamy which is exactly the case with this baby beat the heavy cream.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,