I'm A Celebrity to stay in Wales in 2021? Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says he is disappointed his side were denied a goal by goalline technology during their 0-0 draw with Aston Villa … Can you name the 2008 Champions League final squads? Chris Wilder has explained his team selection after handing Oliver Burke his full Premier League debut for Sheffield United against Aston Villa. Having been a professional player and manager for the past 34, 35 years, I'm at my most confused in terms of how the game is and the decisions that are getting made. The spot-kick was taken by John Lundstram, who saw his effort saved by Emiliano Martinez. Subscriptions to this package will transfer automatically to the new platform when it launches later this year. Ibrahimovic in talks over new AC Milan deal? Coming up this week on Classic Coronation Street (October 19-23), Andrey Rublev boosts ATP Finals hopes with win in St Petersburg, Andy Murray pulls out of bett1HULKS Championships due to injury, Wimbledon to take place in 2021 even if fans are not allowed, Andy Murray: 'I need to get back to playing my own game', Wasps to learn Premiership final fate on Wednesday, Premiership final thrown into doubt by further positive Wasps COVID-19 results, Exeter crowned kings of Europe, more Premier League drama - the weekend in pictures, Ellis Genge calls for update of "outdated" rugby contracts, Rob Baxter: 'European and domestic double would be just reward for Exeter'. I was asked a question that I was expected to be asked on the night and afterwards but I am not sat here now saying everything has been explained. © 2011-2020 Sports Mole Ltd. All rights reserved. The Blades were reduced to 10 men in the 12th minute of the contest when skipper John Egan was given a straight red card, having tussled with Ollie Watkins and been judged to have denied the striker a goalscoring opportunity. "We have had a decent record against Villa, a fabulous club," Wilder added, "really established and you talk about the top clubs like Liverpool, Arsenals who have won things but when you look at clubs in terms of stature you put Villa and the likes of Newcastle and Leeds right up there.". Especially as Luke Freeman is about to go the other way and join Forest on loan. To do this click on the cookie settings button below. Having seen his side make a winning start to their Premier League campaign, Villa boss Dean Smith was full of praise for debutant Martinez, the recent signing from Arsenal, and defender Konsa. On this occasion, Ramsdale made his return to South Yorkshire from Bournemouth. They have attracted some very good players.". He said: "A couple of other clubs might have had a moan towards the end of the season and always that possibility it would affect people because of how tight it was down there and would always be decided by a point or two. Good evening and welcome to our live blog from Chris Wilder’s post-match press conference.The Blades boss spoke to media live from Villa Park after his side met in the Premier League. Can you name Chelsea's 2012 CL-winning squad? Chris Wilder warns Sheffield United fans about tactical leaks. In both cases, the incidents had a VAR check. The pair joined Villa for a … “Sheffield United are in for him, speculation, and all of a sudden other teams are in for players.”, (Photo by David Shipman – CameraSport via Getty Images). Now Fulham are the latest to move in, with it even being claimed they are the “favourites” for Cash’s signature as they prepare a £10m-plus-player offer. Result: Aston Villa maintain perfect start with late win at Leicester, Leicester out to make best-ever start to season against Villa, Sunday's Premier League predictions including Tottenham Hotspur vs. West Ham, Former Wales defender James Collins announces retirement, Brendan Rodgers: 'England are fortunate to have Jack Grealish', Dean Smith: 'Last season's loss to Leicester City was watershed moment', Dean Smith looks at benefit of Jack Grealish's England omission, Premier League gameweek 5 predictions including Everton vs. Liverpool, Preview: Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - prediction, team news, lineups, Tyrone Mings: 'Gareth Southgate must be trusted to handle Jack Grealish', Sheffield United aiming to avoid unwanted club record, Scott Parker: 'Selecting 25-man Premier League squad will be difficult', Chris Wilder: 'We are not feeling sorry for ourselves', Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder calls for international football to be halted, Preview: Sheffield United vs. Fulham - prediction, team news, lineups, Enda Stevens 'feels safe' in Republic of Ireland bubble despite coronavirus cases, Oli McBurnie "hurt" by questions over his Scotland commitment, Bukayo Saka opens up on dream week after England call-up and Arsenal goal. I think we all need to because there is so much confusion about stuff like this. “I do think there’s quite a lot of lazy recruitment out there,” the 52-year-old told BBC Radio Sheffield. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. "Had nothing from anybody, we got a bit of contact from the Premier League. Chris Wilder admits Sheffield United were priced out of moves for Matty Cash and Ollie Watkins prior to their big-money transfers to Aston Villa. This rumour had been progressing for some time before the Villans apparently joined the chase. I just don't understand why that decision was a straight red. Can Sheffield United recall Luke Freeman from Nottingham Forest? Can you name Liverpool's 2001 FA Cup-winning squad? Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder declared himself "completely confused" as he bemoaned calls made by officials in his team's 1-0 loss at Aston Villa. "I have talked about it in the week that we are not going to spend what we haven’t got. Chris Wilder's postmatch press conference following the Premier League restart at Villa Park. "He (Martinez) did what he had to do tonight – he was calm on the ball, he made a really good save for the penalty. Wilder will still remain hopeful of his chances, though. Chris Wilder admits Sheffield United were priced out of moves for Matty Cash and Ollie Watkins prior to their big-money transfers to Aston Villa.. Bob Willis Trophy, County Championship to co-exist in new structure, England skipper Eoin Morgan to take over as Kolkata Knight Riders captain, Adil Rashid signs white-ball contract extension with Yorkshire for 2021 season, On this day in 2006: Pakistan duo caught up in doping scandal, Monday's Formula 1 news roundup: Verstappen, Hulkenberg, Leclerc, F1 insider thinks Red Bull should consider Magnussen, Leclerc's brother not rushing on road to F1, No negotiations with Hulkenberg yet - Steiner, NFL roundup: Pittsburgh Steelers maintain perfect start with victory over Browns, Result: Tennessee Titans thump Buffalo Bills in Nashville on return to action, Result: New Orleans Saints rally to beat Los Angeles Chargers, NFL roundup: Kansas City Chiefs suffer first loss while Steelers march on, UK alleges Russian cyber attacks to disrupt Tokyo Olympics, Wolves youngster Luke Matheson surprises parents with new car, Ronnie O'Sullivan wears pink nail varnish for breast cancer awareness, Young fan "completely blown away" by Jurgen Klopp's touching letter, Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp sends heart-warming letter to young supporter, Result: Adrian Otaegui claims four-shot victory at Scottish Championships, Matt Wallace in control at Scottish Championship with three-shot lead, Adrian Otaegui claims three-shot lead at Scottish Championship, Tuesday's sporting social: Jamie Vardy, Paul Pogba take part in latest craze, Result: Martin Laird holds nerve to win first tournament in seven years, Result: Los Angeles Lakers win first NBA title in a decade with victory over Miami Heat, Result: Miami Heat keep NBA Finals alive with narrow win over Los Angeles Lakers, Donald Trump hits out at "very nasty" LeBron James, Result: Los Angeles Lakers on the verge of landing NBA title after narrow win over Miami Heat, Judge to appear before BBBofC after accusation of using phone during Ritson bout, Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Kubrat Pulev at O2 Arena on December 12, Savannah Marshall's world title fight called off, Tyson Fury has "moved on" from prospect of facing Deontay Wilder, Picture Spoilers: Next week on Coronation Street (October 26-30), Coronation Street's Ian Bartholomew: 'Playing Geoff has been upsetting', Picture Spoilers: Next week on Coronation Street (October 19-23), Coming up this week on Classic Coronation Street (October 12-16), Coronation Street 60th anniversary's three main storylines confirmed, Picture Spoilers: Next week on EastEnders (October 26-30).

, , , , , ,