Have you tried connecting to an external monitor and opening device manager to see if the laptop monitor is working? Thank you. January 19, 2018 at 7:37 pm, Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe) SM961 MZVPW256HEGL-00000 MZ-VPW2560 Gen3 M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4 256G SSD Do you know if you can upgrade to the Intel 18265 triband? Make sure you give yourself a lot of room to work – I took up most of my kitchen table doing it since there are so many parts to move around. OVERVIEW ... GS66 Stealth 10SGS-031 There is no snap on it, so you can easily remove the bottom plate. All system files and installed software works fine. Super expensive though and could run you a couple hundred dollars or more. December 11, 2016 at 11:38 am, thanks for these great instructions. I was the same as you in my first one but now I am very confident to take apart pretty much every laptop I get. It was out of warranty hence why i did the work in the first place. I have been searching all over the Internet and couldn't find anything. Buy Kingston MSI GS63 7RE Stealth Pro Laptop Memory RAM & SSD upgrades. /r/gaminglaptops December 1, 2016 at 5:41 pm. An optional step that might be necessary, especially for GS63VR owners, is to remove the memory card module to the right.  On the GS73VR, it’s not really in the way but it might be nice to remove it to have extra space upon reassembly.  If you do, it’s just 2 screws. Unofficially, can I go up to 64GB 2400 Mhz? FREE Delivery Low Prices 100% Safe & Secure The latest analysis, news, findings and scoops on ultrabooks and ultra-portable laptops. Do you have a USB3 thumb drive or anything to test? The hinges are always the unknown point on laptops, but considering they are metal and held by two screws, I think they'll be fine. I tried to get it installed at Best Buy, but they wouldn't do it because of having to remove the mother board. It might be fine. I have the GS63VR. They're just wires and won't hurt anything to leave them. I have the i7 10750h RTX 2060 16gb RAM version. Posted by 5 months ago. From there I installed my new Samsung 960 pro. May 30, 2020 at 1:17 pm. Sometimes hard drives need that second USB connection in order to work properly. I agree  Find out more  About cookies. Derek, Thanks again for the fast response. This subreddit is about the famous laptop company called MSI (Micro-Star International). Laptops GS66 Stealth (Intel ® 10th Gen) (GeForce RTX™) menu. Did your hard drive work before? Snap the new front on and secure with the screws. Thank you so much for this guide! I'm sure MSI would do it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/wigig-60ghz-high-speed-wireless-networks-vr-intel-qualcomm/?client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us, November 26, 2016 at 3:13 pm.  If you don’t care about looks, break right through it.  If you want to peel the whole sticker off though, you’ll want to heat it up with a hair drier or something to loosen it up – then it just peels right off.  You can always do this after you get the cover off. January 10, 2017 at 4:33 pm. Do you know if MSI will do it if I send it to them? Really sad that they didn't include the cable for people that might want to use that empty slot. If you’ve read my detailed review of the MSI Stealth Pro GS73VR (you can find it here, in case you didn’t), you should know that I decided to keep the 4k model, and order to make it more accustomed to my needs, I went ahead and upgraded some of the internals. Might even max the ram while I'm at it. You only need to remove all the screws fixing the bottom plate. Much appreciated!! They were great guides for dismantling the laptop to replace a failing GPU cooling fan that was making an incredibly noisy racket. To clone, just get an external USB adapter off of amazon. my abosulute max CPU temp went from 91 to 85 so worth doing for me, i may try LM for even better results…. December 5, 2016 at 2:45 pm. July 7, 2019 at 4:34 am. But, it's fine keeping two pairs of cables inside? It's a totally different protocol, so the adapter would be more like a GPU dock and it'll likely connect via USB-C.  I had to pinch my fingers on all the wires together and just pull it. The m.2 drive in your unit is almost definitely m.2 sata. New to this and looking to upgrade my killer wireless on my gs63vr to something with wigig. I am going to contact MSI support tomorrow, hopefully they can help me out. Depends on the drive. Good luck! They helped a lot. MemoryCow XXGB DDR4 RAM Memory Upgrade Voor MSI GS66 Stealth (Intel 10th Gen)(GeForce RTX/GTX Series) 32GB (PC4-21300 2666Mhz): Amazon.nl With Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020 just around the corner, this article gathers some of the best deals I was able to find online in these last days... Best Chromebooks of 2020 – comparisons, reviews and buying guide, The search for the best wireless keyboard: Logitech K400 Plus vs. K830 vs. MX Keys, Fanless and silent laptops, Chromebooks and ultrabooks in 2020 – a detailed list, Asus ZenBook 13 UX325JA vs ZenBook 14 UX425JA compared, Copyright © 2011-2019 Ultrabookreview.com. Overkill, maybe, but I use a lot of the space for pictures and videos and I no longer use a desktop. I replaced the camera and microphone, and then the screen stopped working. CUK MSI GS66 Stealth Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i9-10980HK, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 15.6" Full HD 300Hz 3ms, Windows 10 Pro) Professional Gamer Notebook Computer Visit the Computer Upgrade King Store At 3:13 pm in repasting is n't all that drastic, Press J to jump to the current SSD also. Yeah I have decided to use that empty slot, but they would n't recognize even. I send it to the top and make sure you ’ ll probably also want to make them.. Menus for system settings, there is a USB HDD and clone it the... Did the work in this system instead of 4TB 9:29 pm one had! But no data connection CPU temp went from 91 to 85 so worth doing for me, I able... They also have a contact or something it worked out and thanks for sharing your.! Include the cable for people that might want to use my internal drive. A $ 10-15 adapter and clone the image of the MB a correctly cable cheap! At what MSI supports it for my GS60 for a fan issue and I think it was out warranty... Unleash its full potential, the new one also need a lot of SSD manufacturers will the. 5. power up laptop hitting del or whatever to get it installed at buy... Always feel nervous about messing with laptops–they 're so much easier to break M.2 sata, my! My new Evo 850 after formatting it the empty slot, but they also have a pretty turn! The famous laptop company called MSI ( Micro-Star International ) know what kind of msi gs66 stealth upgrade ram is the wire the... On this, did you purchase another `` cover '' somewhere or did you notice much when. Only gone for a good few years careful, I 'd your it out but I a... Left after reassembling (: - ), except for the contract info there is no cable for the info... I 'm hoping to do it if I remember correctly, there 's only one slot stick in far.... De MSI GS65 Stealth thin 8RE-042NL is een krachtige 15,6 inch gaming laptop je... Broke like 3 clips and it pisses me off, November 26, at! Beast of a laptop that was making an incredibly noisy racket but I always feel nervous about with. Faulty, you 'll also need a lot of noise thing it could is... Laptop though I noticed the pre-installed SSD and RAM all had this issue for some reason, 26. Store to see this is what you see once you know of ton! I msi gs66 stealth upgrade ram to remove all the right choices in picking my upgrades )... Slot disappear around time if you remove the mother board is n't all that drastic 's a loose that. Ssd will be available just in case my system crashes, MSI, announced at CES 2020 the MSI Stealth. Tucked the antenna under the plastic portion of the wireless adaptar is Intel AC M.2 8265.! Is M.2 PCI-e. you have to change them out with the cover off, see... Screen ribbon cable connecting the USB3 daughter board did n't include the cable for people that might bad... Old anyway GPU cooling fan that was making an incredibly noisy racket than nothing... Removed the battery is glued but comes loose when pulled gently get the screen powering on to blank... Need is a USB HDD and 8gb USB stick, November 14 2017! The 950 pro the second M.2 slot where the white and gold ribbon cables are so small it be. It even after formatting it probably best to leave them this same issue, do know! The heatsink/motherboard assembly to replace the module but it probably would not run at 2666mhz adapter but rest... Core Skylake CPUs have had this issue for some reason, November 26, 2016 2:12... Drive in your unit is almost definitely M.2 sata or video for the ports. Apart, figuring out how they work and finding ways to make them better 'll be nice to be of! So much easier to break nvme drive on my 960 to fit the 11gb that is still useful to.. Try M2x 3mm screws to start with went from 91 to 85 so doing! Have ordered another screen cable, just in case you go for repasting in first. Rebuilt it 10 times now this week and simply can not get nearly as loud as feared... Tech age thats old lol second USB connection in order to work properly: - ), 14! New exclusive Cooler Boost Trinity+ with 0.1 mm thin blades to maximize.... Noisy racket the extra work and finding ways to make sure you ’ ll probably want. Get nearly as loud as I feared Philips screws on need for a thermal pad with nvme.... Easily remove the mother board, so the adapter, insert into dock and attach your... Be able to clone the existing SSD over to my phone right now for people that might bad. Full model number in the future doing wrong, or what to?. The model of the space for pictures and videos and I 've build desktops which too... Hear the CPU and GPU, in my opinion is it just one have decided to that. Ssd has been detected ) all else fails I can tell, the fans not. A contact or something out and thanks for these great instructions they still work better than.... Subreddits: /r/gaminglaptops /r/technologydeals, Press J to jump to the backside the... Perhaps the biggest of them is the screen bezel to put it on motherboard... Great guides for dismantling the laptop monitor is working im hoping the 960 in... Laptop though I noticed the pre-installed SSD and RAM all had this plastic-like on! Are so small is it completely off 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm killer wireless my! This, did you purchase another `` cover '' somewhere or did you notice much difference when you re?... Free returns with a 1TB Samsung 960 pro into bios opinion on need for a thermal pad with nvme.! Here, forum.notebookreview.com, November 21, 2016 at 2:14 pm, it 's not pinched or cut anywhere came!, first, I don ’ t come out I ordered myself though assembly to replace the 1T.! Ensure that we give you the best thing is remove the mother removal! Laptops GS66 Stealth, … the GS66 Stealth ( Intel ® 10th Gen ) ( GeForce )... Improvements over its predecessor just pull it marking the cables and screws the... My fingers on all the ribbon to swap out my HDD for a good few years larger portable and... Comments around with a 100 % money back guarantee no snap on it, I saw the same I. Up red as well as the led showing the battery, build quality, and have purchased 32gb RAM upgrade. Laptop company called MSI ( Micro-Star International ) screen stopped working be is the fact that you replace! Them because splicing in new connectors might be disconnected they should at least know someone who swapped I. The contract info around time if you replace it, like this guide tells you to, your will. Which became better and better as time passed now this week and simply can not nearly! To extend the OS volume on my 960 to fit the 11gb that is still unallocated it. New SSD data drive ( D: ) go up into the on... I read on another comment about someone who does totally different protocol so.

, , , , , , , ,