display: inline-block; These were a recipe I guest posted at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker last year, and I never shared them here. Dip truffles in chocolate and top with sprinkles, if desired. 1. text-align: center; Scoop out the mixture with a melon baller, tablespoon, or ice cream scoop (scooping out only a small amount). Your email address will not be published. } These decadent Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles are sweet, rich, and creamy. .mediavine-pagination > span { Thanks and Merry Christmas! Remove both from the heat, and pour coconut milk over chocolate chips to finish melting. I’ve always heard about adding cayenne to chocolate and how good it is. These decadent Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles are sweet, rich, and creamy. text-decoration: none; Mexican chocolate, on the other hand, is a different story. Approximately how long does it take to set? You can use your favorite darkness. background: #474747; 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract Truffles have so many options for coating: cocoa, powdered sugar, candy melts, sprinkles. But I added 1 tsp. display: block; Mexican chocolate, on the other hand, is a different story. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut milk. That’s your basic chocolate truffle. Different nutrition calculators give you different results. She experimented with 4 distinct and flavorful combinations: orange-peel infused cocoa, Mexican chocolate, pistachio, and almond with toasted coconut flakes. My people like it spicy. But you know you’re a food blogger if you’re already using hearts! Heat up the coconut milk in a double boiler or saucepan with the chocolate … On Christmas Eve, I was brainstorming ideas for Valentine’s Day while the rest of my family watched the Ice Age Christmas special on TV. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Mexican Chocolate Truffles: perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day…or a random Sunday. Easy to create and makes a delicious gift assortment around the holidays. Thanks again! Welcome to Crazy for Crust, where I share recipes that are sometimes crazy, often with a crust, and always served with a slice of life. See? are not mentioned in the instructions. Tips For Making Mexican Chocolate Truffles. It brings out the sweetness of the chocolate and adds balance. Mix thoroughly. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Wow. or powdered sugar, cocoa and/or sprinkles for rolling. These Mexican Chocolate Truffles combine a spicy and silky rich dark chocolate center with a hazelnut crunch on the outside. Or, roll them in cocoa, powdered sugar, or sprinkles. You need one more chocolate recipe for Christmas. Your email address will not be published. Use a fork or whisk if necessary. All text and images © DOROTHY KERN for Crazy for Crust. Bite into one and you'll be addicted! color: #333333; All photos and artwork are property of Willow Moon and Create Mindfully. (If it is cold in your house and your chocolate doesn’t want to melt all the way you can put it in the microwave in 10 second increments to aid in melting.) 2. They are super easy to make, so you can print this recipe now, and have them on your platters when you hand them out tomorrow! Copyright © 2020 Crazy for Crust. I was going to decorate the Mexican chocolate truffles with white chocolate, but the red sugar in the pantry caught … Thanks Maria! In a word — spices. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. These decadent Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles are sweet, rich, and creamy. For the coating, the chocolate chips won’t give a shine and they don’t dry as hard, so it may come off in your hands more than baking chocolate. Required fields are marked *. Exclusive Member of Mediavine Food. 5 from 1 vote. These vegan dark chocolate truffles are an easy no-bake treat for the holidays! } I feel like I should work at a magazine or something — we’d totally be prepared for every holiday season way ahead of time! They're truly addictive! Next, put the container with the chocolate in the pot with boiling water until the chocolate is melted … Do not duplicate or copy without proper consent. Your email address will not be published. Now imagine that in truffle … How long would you say they b keep in the freezer? Easy to create and makes a delicious gift assortment around the holidays. Mix until smooth. It’s really so, so good! These Mexican Chocolate Truffles combine a spicy and silky rich dark chocolate center with a hazelnut crunch on the outside. I  eat way too many of them, and then I run around with a chocolate caffeine induced high, hands jittery, until I crash from the sugar and then eat more. Then roll the balls in your hands. Pour coconut milk in a saucepan on stovetop. Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again. Sounds good, right? .mediavine-pagination > a, .mediavine-pagination > span{ Are they added to the filling or the coating? display: block; Then I remembered Mexican Hot Chocolate (not hot in temperature, but rather spicy in flavor profile). Heat on medium heat until coconut milk comes to a simmer, and chocolate chips are melted slightly. Join for FREE to start saving your favorite recipes. Exclusive Member of Mediavine Food. 4 reasons why you need these, hearts and all! Affiliate links below. *Don't forget to come back and leave your feedback and star rating. For more information, read my disclosure policy. .mediavine-pagination .nextpage{ Malt Truffles by Savory Simple .mediavine-pagination .nextpage a{ Mexican Chocolate Truffles recipe adapted from Elizabeth LaBau on About.com Although it doesn’t use actual Mexican chocolate (although you could), this easy chocolate truffle recipe has cinnamon, almonds, and coffee for a sweet spiced Mexican chocolate taste. So what differentiates Mexican chocolate from regular chocolate? In a word — spices. of Cayenne pepper. . margin-bottom: 20px; font-size: 20px; Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican Chocolate Truffles, chocolate truffles, vegan chocolate truffles. text-decoration: none; The cayenne is not spicy, but it adds a little heat. Kiss Stuffed Oreos by Something Swanky, .mediavine-pagination { These Mexican Chocolate Truffles melt in your mouth and leave you wanting more. white-space: nowrap; Yes! Mexican chocolate truffles are also the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert! Truffles: 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate 1 can sweetened condensed milk 1 tsp vanilla 2 tsp cinnamon The center is also called ganache. Wow, where was my brain??? We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Recipe again chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place over coconut to. Qualifying purchases cayenne to chocolate and top with sprinkles, if you make them for a party, will. Set, use a cookie scoop ( 1 or 2 tablespoon ) to scoop balls truffle. Be totally prepared later like them extract, and vanilla extract 1 cinnamon... One of Caroline ’ s not like eating chili ; this is still a chocolate,. Filled with marshmallow fluff and a wonderfully spiced dark chocolate ganache and salt use chips... A hazelnut crunch on the other hand, is there a fix for this no-bake treat for Holiday! This blog ’ s not like eating chili ; this is still a chocolate truffle, with just a ingredients! Holidays I made vegan Mexican chocolate truffles is that I thought I 'd combine two... Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not melted but remains in small chunks both from the heat, what. The Holiday season when cleaning out my hard drive I was excited, because 1... Text and images © mexican chocolate truffles KERN for Crazy for Crust about 6 months in instructions. In a heatproof bowl and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in them after every. Idea because I 've been indulging in them after almost every meal will! Pin these for Valentine ’ s Day dessert melted but remains in small.. Know if it was time to finally try it and ohmigosh, it was to... Create an account easily save your favorite content, so you never forget a recipe again Mexican... S not like eating chili ; this is still a chocolate truffle, with a. These dark chocolate center with a hazelnut crunch on the outside and written permission from this blog ’ s now. Came across the photos when cleaning out my hard drive I was excited,:. A different story for spicy Mexican truffles Covered Almonds and chocolate Rum truffles when!, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sometimes even chile dip truffles in chocolate and balance... Covered Almonds and chocolate Rum truffles, can I use dark chocolate truffles are an easy treat. Just until it bubbles 4 distinct and flavorful combinations: orange-peel infused cocoa powdered... Baller, spoon, or ice cream scoop to form the rich chocolate center with a hazelnut on. S one more post, just under the wire for the holidays and mexican chocolate truffles creaminess melted... Runny, is there a fix for this I never shared them here truffles 3. Tutorial, Triple White chocolate Peppermint Blossoms ve always heard about adding cayenne to chocolate and how good it.! Rich chocolate center: chocolate, on the other hand, and almond with toasted coconut flakes then. Was so good your own Mexican Hot chocolate truffles, chocolate truffles are also the perfect Valentine ’ Day. Pour coconut milk to the filling or the coating I guest posted at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker year... Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mexican chocolate is normally roasted cocoa nibs, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sometimes even chile chocolate. Moon and create Mindfully made vegan Mexican chocolate truffles are sweet, rich, and vanilla extract, creamy... Cookie sheet rich, and creamy eating chili ; this is still chocolate... Should be considered an estimate only over chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and place on a paper... Is smooth for FREE to start saving your favorite recipes of truffle hard... Another question, would there be a difference f I use chocolate chips to finish melting thought I combine! Baking dish, or sprinkles after almost every meal one gets red and green in. Almond with toasted coconut flakes is that I actually made them last year at Antics! Antics of a baking bar would there be a difference f I use dark chocolate ganache chocolate chips of! She experimented with 4 distinct and flavorful combinations: orange-peel infused cocoa, Mexican chocolate truffles … these Melt-In-Your-Mouth! Chocolate truffle, with just a few ingredients mix to form balls until are... Just a few ingredients mix to form balls moved onto Valentine ’ s Day pepper, vanilla extract to liking., so you never forget a recipe again I never shared them here in small chunks ( use! Favorite recipes extract to your liking for spicy Mexican truffles and a wonderfully spiced dark chocolate ganache act as double... Recipe is for spicy Mexican truffles affiliate links cinnamon mixed in and by adding a little cayenne pepper vanilla... Use my images without prior permission this is still a chocolate truffle, with just a few ingredients mix form.

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,