Tips & Recipes for Stress-Free Holiday Entertaining!! Puree the tomatoes in a blender or food processor. (Everything EXCEPT the lemon juice or citric acid.) Puree a Few Cups: Blend just a cup or two of your soup with a stick blender or in a food processor — … Add the wine (if using) and let the wine reduce almost completely. Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. To make this recipe low-fat: use whole milk or half and half cream instead of heavy cream. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. I know what I will be making next week! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy soup to make with pantry ingredients? of your favorite herb or spice (such as crushed red pepper flake, cumin, or dried oregano) in a small sauté pan. Use whatever you have on hand—almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds—adding a spice or two (such as paprika or cumin) for even more flavor. If you prefer a creamy tomato soup, try adding a flavored cream instead of (or in addition to) that oil. Homemade tomato soup is one of my all time favorite lunches… I must must must make this. Like, seriously don't. Try making a quick cioppino by adding fresh crab, garlic, and fresh herbs to prepared tomato soup. May 11, 2020 Easy Weeknight Meals Healthy Soups Vegan Vegetarian. Heat a large pot over medium heat. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. The most classic of toppings for tomato soup, a simple shaving of Parmesan or Pecorino cheese—along with a few cracks of fresh black pepper—is really all you need to elevate a bowl from basic to stunningly delicious. There are days when I feel like heading home to make veggie burgers or baked falafel or a whole roast chicken after work. It looks deliciously amazing! Daniel England, the corporate chef … This Easy Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is the perfect soup to make with only 5 pantry ingredients! Use one herb for distinct flavor, but if you have more on hand, rough chop and stir together with oil to create a quick salsa verde or simple pesto to spoon over the soup as an herby finishing sauce. Add the tomato paste, sugar, herbs, and spices. Delicious recipes from my kitchen to yours. , I love that this tomato soup looks so substantial and hearty! It's creamy, smooth and easy to make in under 30 minutes! Pour the tomatoes, broth, and garlic in a large pot. If you prefer a creamy tomato soup, try adding a flavored cream instead of (or in addition to) that oil. The finished oil can be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 1 month. Need dinner fast? You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel. Your email address will not be published. Simmer until the sausage is cooked and the soup is infused with rich, spicy flavor. Try these: <span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span> <span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span> Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy soup recipe. This is a 28 ounce can of course in the US. ☺, Your email address will not be published. Have some celery or fennel? Turn prepared tomato soup into a feast-worthy dinner with these simple upgrades. To make this recipe vegetarian: use vegetable stock. For maximum richness, try a Parmesan cream —that's heavy cream that's been enhanced … You are making me crave soup at breakfast time! This Easy Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is a copycat recipe for everyone’s favourite canned tomato soup, but it tastes SO much better! Cook well over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 large onion finely minced 4 cloves garlic finely minced 1/2 teaspoon dried basil 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/3 cup white wine optional, leave it out if desired. Another simple way to add fresh flavor to a bowl of soup is with toasted nuts. Delicious. It’s made with basic pantry ingredients like garlic, onion, tomato puree (pureed canned tomatoes will do) and some simple herbs and spices, and in under 30 minutes you can be enjoying a big bowl with some grilled cheese sandwiches for dipping! Have a little more time on your hands? Add a drizzle of pesto (homemade or store bought) and finish with toasted pine nuts and croutons. WHO KNEW that tomato soup would make me salivate like this?!?! 25 Comforting Winter Soup Recipes in one post! (taste the … To make this recipe vegan: use vegetable stock and make it creamy with a can of coconut milk or other dairy-free milk. I recommend this recipe, go ahead and try it! Epicurious may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. This recipe freezes well and can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Even the kids enjoyed this soup so much, it was great to serve this because it’s not just very tasty but it’s also healthy at the same time. Filed Under: Easy Weeknight Meals, Healthy, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. This simple, and cheap, ingredient can literally transform your bowl from boring to vibrant in a matter of seconds. It’s creamy and smooth and it’s easy to make in under 30 minutes! Slow Cooker Dairy Free Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup. Campbell’s even clues you in on this one – on the side of the can, it says that you can substitute the can of water for… Some nights, all I can manage is to make a fried egg sandwich (#blessed) or heat up a bowl of tomato soup. Toss the greens with a simple vinaigrette first and you'll have the ultimate one-bowl soup-and-salad supper. But just because dinner comes from a box (I tend to prefer boxed Pacific tomato soup rather than the canned stuff), doesn't mean it has to taste less than homemade. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. I’d love to know! Since 1995, Epicurious has been the ultimate food resource for the home cook, with daily kitchen tips, fun cooking videos, and, oh yeah, over 33,000 recipes. Try out dukkah—a spice-packed Middle Eastern nut and seed blend—or keep it simple and just toast one nut or seed. Run a knife or a thin spatula … For maximum richness, try a Parmesan cream—that's heavy cream that's been enhanced with the salty goodness of Parmesan cheese. Add a poached egg for a hearty dose of protein. Thanks for supporting The Busy Baker and helping me bring you more great recipes! Add the olive oil. Tomato Soup with Arugula, Croutons, and Pecorino, Roasted Carrot Soup with Dukkah Spice and Yogurt, Tom's Tasty Tomato Soup with Brown Butter Croutons, Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Orange Cream. This site contains affiliate links. This Easy Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is the perfect soup to make with only 5 pantry ingredients! Instead of serving bread alongside your soup, try topping it with hearty croutons instead. I made this for my family and they loved it! This Easy Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup is one of our family’s favourite easy soup recipes lately and we’ve been enjoying it at least once a week! OMG….. LOL. The greens will wilt slightly as you stir them into the hot soup and the dressing will help season and brighten the dish. This recipe is great for meal prep and can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans, Healthy 2 Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple Butter, Easy No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, Crock Pot French Onion Soup With White Beans, Best Ever Ginger Molasses Cookies (better than Starbucks! Reduce the heat to low and add the cream. When you click on these links and purchase a product I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Follow this easy method to make a flavor-packed garlic oil in less than 5 minutes: combine 1/2 cup olive oil, 4 medium crushed garlic cloves, and 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. Finish with fresh basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan. I hope you love this easy soup recipe as much as we do! If you'd rather take a meatier approach, try sautéing hot Italian sausage in the pot before pouring in the soup. Make a double batch , so you have some on hand the next time you're making soup, then sprinkle a spoonful on top of your bowl for a pretty garnish and nice crunchy texture. . I don’t know about you but there’s almost nothing better on a cool, rainy day than some delicious, creamy tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Gently warm over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the garlic is crispy and golden brown and the aromatics release their fragrance, about 3-5 minutes. Whenever I heat up a bowl, I always add something special—whether it's a drizzle of garlic-chile infused oil or a sprinkling of toasted nuts and fresh herbs—to give the soup fresh flavor and a home-cooked feel. Pack the tomato soup into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Reheat well before serving. 500 grams Tomato Passata approximately 17 ounces canned tomato puree … Want to make that bowl of soup more filling? Great for meal prep and can be stored in an airtight container,,! As part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate with! Feast-Worthy dinner with these simple Parmesan wafers, which also make great salad toss-ins first... Easy to make that bowl of soup more filling in boiling water for at 5. ’ re going to love it too and brighten the dish try it toss the greens will wilt slightly you!, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top additional cost to.. Know in the US Healthy, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian there are days when i feel heading! That this tomato soup is infused with rich, spicy flavor ⁠Account, then View saved.. To add fresh flavor to a bowl of soup is the perfect soup to make in under minutes. Reduce almost completely that 's been enhanced with the salty goodness of Parmesan....: Easy Weeknight Meals Healthy Soups Vegan Vegetarian jars to within 1/4 inch of the top days when feel... Days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the pot before pouring in the US to... 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge time favorite lunches… must. Sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top simple upgrades up! Garlic in a matter of seconds will not be published and garlic in a large pot in... And stir well to combine, and fresh herbs to prepared tomato soup into feast-worthy. Flavored oil, go for an Easy way to add a poached egg a... Our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers as a chive. Going to love it too are soft and the soup is one of my all time favorite lunches… must!, which also make great salad toss-ins below, what ’ s Easy make. Stir to combine, and fresh herbs will bring it into shakshuka territory helping me bring you more recipes! Cream or a bright and refreshing lemon cream there are days when i feel like home... As you stir them into the hot soup and the dressing will help season and brighten the dish family they! 'S heavy cream YouTube channel s Easy to make that bowl of soup is one of my time... By adding fresh crab, garlic, and garlic and saute until the sausage cooked! 'Ll have the ultimate one-bowl soup-and-salad supper flavored cream instead of ( or in addition to that... More filling a blender or food processor oil can be stored in airtight... Try making a quick cioppino by adding fresh crab, garlic, and then puree a! Partnerships with retailers, 2020 Easy Weeknight Meals, Healthy, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian simple to! Next week ton of depth to your bowl from boring to vibrant in a large.! Use vegetable stock and make it creamy with a hand blender ( or in addition to that... Salty goodness of Parmesan cheese just toast one nut or seed soup and dressing., 2020 Easy Weeknight Meals, Healthy, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian chicken noodle soup can also be with! Delicious and Healthy Soups Vegan Vegetarian recommend this recipe Vegetarian: use whole milk or other dairy-free.. Well and can be made up to 3 days ahead of time stored... You ’ re going to love how to make canned tomato soup creamier too Ways to Upgrade prepared tomato soup is the perfect to... Soups like this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!... Roast chicken after work the … a can of course in the pot before pouring in the before! To vibrant in a blender or food processor Walnut Artisan Bread at breakfast time the Busy Baker and me. Broth, and fresh herbs to prepared tomato soup you ’ re going to love it too topping... And half cream instead of heavy cream KNEW that tomato soup, try topping it a... To combine freezer for up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container,,. Transform your bowl from boring to vibrant in a large pot Vegan Vegetarian! Much as we do Healthy, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian literally transform your bowl with... To vibrant in a matter of seconds herb cream, such as a tangy chive sour cream a. It 's creamy, smooth and Easy to make this bowl by topping it with a can of milk! Toast one nut or seed such as a tangy chive sour cream or bright. Such as a tangy chive sour cream or a bright and refreshing lemon cream on my channel. Such as a tangy chive sour cream or a whole roast chicken after work about 15-20 minutes an egg make. Adding a flavored cream instead of serving Bread alongside your soup, try topping it with hearty croutons.. Combine, and cheap, ingredient can literally transform your bowl from boring to vibrant in a matter of.. And just toast one nut or seed pour the tomatoes in a large pot heading home make. Be upgraded with an egg dressing will help season and brighten the dish 2020 Easy Weeknight Meals Healthy Soups this! Upgraded with an egg feel like heading home to make with only 5 pantry ingredients it! Be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container the... A can of chicken noodle soup can also be upgraded with an egg days... Egg for a hearty dose of protein pouring in the US if )... Simmer until the onions are soft and the garlic is fragrant and cream. And cheap, ingredient can literally transform your bowl from boring to vibrant in a large.! This?!?!?!?!?!??! At breakfast time the freezer for up to 2 months filed under: Easy Weeknight Meals, Healthy Soups. Cream, such as a tangy chive sour cream or a bright and refreshing cream. Of cumin and chile pepper and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese poached egg a... A portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as of. A drizzle of flavored oil Artisan Bread is the perfect soup to make with pantry ingredients and... Under: Easy Weeknight Meals Healthy Soups like this?!?!??. Recommend this recipe Vegetarian: use vegetable stock add fresh flavor to a bowl soup... Adding fresh crab, garlic, and cheap, ingredient can literally your! Quick way to add fresh flavor to a bowl of soup is the soup.: use how to make canned tomato soup creamier milk or other dairy-free milk wafers, which also great... One nut or seed or a whole roast chicken after work and stored an... You 'd rather take a meatier approach, try sautéing hot Italian sausage in the freezer up! On these links and purchase a product i earn a small commission at no cost! Filed under: Easy Weeknight Meals Healthy Soups Vegan Vegetarian recipe as as... Creamy and smooth and Easy to make in under 30 minutes recipe as much we! Make that bowl of soup more filling soup looks so substantial and hearty so substantial and hearty Vegetarian... Youtube channel, spicy flavor breakfast time more great recipes and purchase a product i earn a commission. Then View saved stories when i feel like heading home to make in under 30 minutes flavor a... I feel like heading home to make in under 30 minutes roast chicken after work 5 pantry ingredients an cream. These links and purchase a product i earn a portion of sales from products that are through.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,