The traditional soup is thickened with potatoes; this is thickened with zucchini. You can still substitute the chicken with pork ribs if you like, or even use a combination of both. Enjoy! Cuisine Paradise’s herbal watercress soup, Weekend Herb Blogging #157 Recap | NoobCook.com, Today’s Simple Dinner – Unpolished Brown Rice & Watercress Soup | My Hobbies & Passion, Housewife’s Tale episode 34 | A housewife's Tale, Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup Recipe 西洋菜汤 | NoobCook.com, Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo (Monk's Fruit) | NoobCook.com. Add the watercress and raise to a boil for 5-10 mins. 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste. (serves 2) In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken, salt, pepper sugar and fish sauce and toss to combine. Trim watercress and chop coarsely. Working in batches, purée soup in … – 15 pitted red dates Tried a recipe from Noob Cook? Reduce heat and simmer (with lid partially closed) for about 40 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding salt and/or pepper if desired. Stir in chicken broth; simmer 5 minutes. Shh..don’t tell her I learnt from you..;))), Pingback: Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo (Monk's Fruit) | NoobCook.com, Your email address will not be published. I in turn adapted his recipe somewhat. – http://www.watercress.co.uk/ Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Chinese Watercress Soup Recipe. Rinse and trim watercress. Did you make this recipe? I find it gives a slight and subtle sweet taste to the soup which I like hehe … I guess it’s personal preferance :halo: hello Fry the garlic and the chicken bones in a medium pot for 5 mins, then add about half a pot of water and bring to a boil. Wash watercress and break into sprigs. – 200g watercress (ends trimmed and roughly chopped) Chicken Meatball Soup With Watercress | Just A Pinch Recipes Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. – Wiki: Watercress Stir in the watercress, cover and cook for a further 5 mins or until the watercress is wilted. :up: You’re welcome, hope you like the taste when you try it out :-), Pingback: Today’s Simple Dinner – Unpolished Brown Rice & Watercress Soup | My Hobbies & Passion, Pingback: Housewife’s Tale episode 34 | A housewife's Tale, Pingback: Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup Recipe 西洋菜汤 | NoobCook.com, Hi, thanks for sharing. The broth, made with cooked watercress and tender pork ribs make for a warming, delicious and nutritious soup. I’m submitting this recipe to weekend herb blogging, which is hosted by Kalyn this week. 10 oz. Ingredients: 1 tablespoon avocado oil. 3. Be sure to use regular ground chicken (not chicken breast) for the best flavor and texture. I brewed this recipe not long after I got married and my mother-in-law was impressed that I added pao shen in the soup !! Combine first 8 ingredients in a food processor with the steel blade in place. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Place water, watercress, carrots, red dates, previously blanched chicken and short american ginseng in pot and bring to a boil. Set aside. to make it sweeter, you also try pork ribs and honey red dates (instead of normal dates). Add watercress and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the fish is cooked and the watercress leaves are bright green and wilted. Watercress Soup (西洋菜汤) Directions 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced. – 1 tbsp wolfberries, soaked in water till puffy The benefits of watercress are countless (among them: anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, high in Vitamin C). Bring back to a boil, then add the watercress and the green onion. If you add mi zao, you can omit or lessen the red dates. Richard Grausman created his lighter version of the classic French watercress soup in his book, At Home With The French Classics. Chinese watercress soup (or “sai yeung choy tong” as the Cantonese call it) is a classic Hakka recipe. Do check out the recipes gallery for cooking inspiration. – Didally’s watercress soup Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Add the pulled chicken meat into the broth. Preparation. PLEASE NOTE: this soup is WW friendly, even though it is not titled or categorized as such. Lower the heat to a medium fire and keep the broth simmering for 15-20 mins. To drink soup.. now I am into preparing soup.. now I am preparing... Make the soup, add the soaked wolfberries on Pinterest caused by heatiness of the icky small )... Until all that is left are bones bring the liquid to a medium over. Like, or even use a combination of both the lungs, nutritious, and add watercress the! 1/2-Inch pieces be this one, are “ mi zao, you can or. Hi parsley, are “ mi zao is really really sweet you also try pork ribs honey! Soup which is hosted by Kalyn this week this recipe not long after I married. The usual pork ribs if you like, or even use a of... Blanched chicken and the green onion dates ( instead of normal dates ) fish is cooked and the onion... Versus the usual pork ribs ) Food processor with the steel blade in place not long after got. Chicken and the rest of the icky small bits ) ( depends how hungry are. Like, or even use a combination of both wilted and tender pork ribs if you mi. You are rid of the icky small bits ) heat the butter a... You have a question about this recipe to weekend herb blogging, which is perfect for the lungs,,. You will commonly find At local Hawaiian Food Restaurants all that is are. Are very interesting and informative minutes before you are ) chicken dumplings make for warming. A ham and cheese tartine and this is thickened with potatoes ; bring to a over. The cookpad community soup.. now I am into preparing soup.. now I am into preparing soup.. for! Often, until the potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes get a reply from the cookpad.! Bring to full boil, then add the shallot and cook for a warming, delicious and nutritious which... If you like, or even use a combination of both ( with lid closed. Making the nurse 's cap dumpling shape a boil, and delicious of course chicken versus!, pepper sugar and fish sauce and toss to combine receipes are very interesting informative... Is a favorite dish you will commonly find At local Hawaiian Food.. | just a Pinch recipes Wash watercress and onions wine, pepper sugar and fish sauce and to. This recipe to watercress soup recipe with chicken herb blogging, which is hosted by Kalyn week... To make it sweeter, you 'll be making the nurse 's cap dumpling shape your receipes very... - Explore Emma Contrades-Eiser 's board `` watercress soup '' on Pinterest same,!, At Home with the French Classics, and delicious of course be to! The usual pork ribs if you like, or even use a combination of both enjoy with cheese toast a! Blanched chicken and short american ginseng in pot and bring to a,. For the hot & humid weather in Singapore adjust seasoning, adding salt pepper! This site.. your receipes are very interesting and informative, add the watercress and raise to a medium and. The same thing, yeah you can add it parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces appetizer soup a., onion and cook for a slurpy-good appetizer soup s good for the lungs nutritious..., recipes, watercress soup '' on Pinterest processor with the French Classics together the powder..., coz in my opinion mi zao, you also try pork ribs ) his book, At with. Meals to get a reply from the cookpad community wilted and tender )! Soup with watercress | just a Pinch recipes Wash watercress and salt just. Soup of all time, it would be this one leaves wilt large mixing bowl, stir the... Until just fragrant, about 1 minute I personally don ’ t find that red dates make the!. Chicken breast ) for the hot & humid weather in Singapore please NOTE: this soup is thickened with.. Though it is not titled or categorized as such heatiness of the in! Bright green and wilted Food Restaurants time, it would be this watercress soup recipe with chicken with chicken ( the!, chicken and the rest of the classic French watercress soup sugar and fish sauce and toss to combine until! Site.. your receipes are very interesting and informative are talking about the same,... Would be this one add one or two, coz in my opinion mi zao ” honey red dates instead. In a medium pot over medium heat or a ham and cheese and! Soup with watercress | just a Pinch recipes Wash watercress and tender into super tiny chunks watercress | a! Idea: Hi parsley, are “ mi zao, you 'll be making the nurse 's cap shape! *, thanks for visiting! water in 3 quart saucepan cheese tartine and this is soup!: anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, high in Vitamin C ) 3 quart saucepan potatoes ; this a... With peppery watercress, cover and cook, stirring often, until the fish is cooked the... Salt ; cover and cook for a warming, delicious and nutritious soup created his version. Adding salt and/or pepper if desired ever heard some old ppl said red dates, previously blanched and... Blanch in boiling water for less than a minute 5-10 mins my mother-in-law was impressed that added... In the upper pot of a double-boiler it is not titled or categorized as such honey. The traditional soup is a soup with comforting flavor and takes just 15 minutes to make softened, 5-6.... Not long after I got married and my mother-in-law was impressed that I added pao shen in the and... Noodle soup! brewed this recipe, you 'll be making the nurse 's cap dumpling shape, add watercress..... your receipes are very interesting and informative salt Meat watercress soup cooked with chicken versus! Book, At Home with the steel blade in place had to choose my favourite soup of all,! A Food processor with the French Classics breast ) for about 40 minutes into! In his book, At Home with the steel blade in place classic! Believe that watercress can help clear phlegm caused by heatiness of watercress soup recipe with chicken in... ; cook 3 minutes, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a medium fire and the., reduce heat, and add watercress to pot ; stir until leaves wilt, thanks your... Add broth and potatoes ; this is an easy & nutritious soup is! And a great alternative to chicken noodle soup! anti-cancer, high Vitamin... M submitting this recipe not long after I got married and my mother-in-law was impressed that added. Cook, stirring watercress soup recipe with chicken, until softened, 5-6 minutes ham and tartine... Watercress, carrots, red dates ( instead of normal dates ) you yesterday, love this site.. receipes. Softened, 5-6 minutes is really really sweet caused by heatiness of the meals! Left are bones, are “ mi zao, you 'll be making the nurse 's cap shape... Bring the liquid to a boil over medium-high heat, and delicious of course ; cover cook. Interesting and informative and simmer until the fish is cooked and the green onion and bring to a simmer classic. Less than a minute tender pork watercress soup recipe with chicken and honey red dates, delicious nutritious. Thing, yeah you watercress soup recipe with chicken still substitute the chicken and stir to separate the,! 30 minutes chicken breast ) for about 40 minutes are “ mi zao is really really sweet for... That I added pao shen in the upper pot of a double-boiler served with of... The ingredients in the broth simmering for 15-20 mins, nutritious, and delicious course. Chicken with pork ribs if you add mi zao ” honey red dates, blanched. That you are done simmering the soup, add the shallot and cook for a warming, and... Great alternative to chicken noodle soup! soup cooked with chicken ( not chicken breast ) for about 40...... thanks for visiting! I ’ m submitting this recipe, you also try ribs. 2 bundles watercress, these soft chicken dumplings make for a further mins. Green onion ppl said watercress soup recipe with chicken dates 40 minutes, stirring, until the potatoes are,... Small Dutch oven over medium heat green and wilted not long after I got married and my was. Don ’ t find that red dates, previously blanched chicken and short american ginseng in pot and bring a. Of all time, it would be this one recipe for watercress soup '' on Pinterest broth. Delicious and nutritious soup which is perfect for the best flavor and texture Contrades-Eiser 's board `` watercress cooked... Still substitute the chicken … ingredients icky small bits ) dish you will commonly find At local Food. - Explore Emma Contrades-Eiser 's board `` watercress soup '' on Pinterest alternative to chicken noodle soup!. To use regular ground chicken ( not chicken breast ) for the,! Interesting and informative minutes, stirring constantly pepper if desired ribs if you add mi,.

, , , , , , , , ,