Leo designed his guitars with single coil pickups for a reason, and Fender guitars should stay that way. Aug 11, 2009 #1. Not as clear if we choose 250k or 500k pots here. ...I like to use as few effects as possible and the paf with moderate gain gives me a great classic rock tone.. Re: SSS vs HSS Příspěvek od kmensik » 20.07.2012 14:57 Rocky_MK píše: Se singly se dá hrát metal a hard rock úplně stejně, jako s humbuckery jazz, blues a ovčáci, čtveráci na clean. Anyway, post the link and i'll tell you what i think. Equipped with Vanson pickups which are great P-ups for the price I have heard from reviews. There's not. On the left side is the HSS shader, on th right side the SSS … tone forum. Until recently I had always played bass in bands so never paid a huge amount of attention to the tone of my guitars, but that's changed now and I've suddenly realised I have a problem. I prefer a humbucker of some sort in the bridge, anything else sounds thin to my ears, but a single coil in the neck or a clear humbucker is great. Since I have more than one guitar, I feel like I don't have to try to combine things (which I tried for a while--to see if I could find something unique that I enjoyed, but never did). Does the HSS limit my styles all or would it still be pretty versatile? Lose the straty sounds of the positions 2 and 4. Love the brightness, bite and snap/twang but sometimes feel they're wimpy n thin when I want to get down n dirty. ). A key disadvantage of SSS is the 50/60 (UK/US) cycle hum issue that is just part of owning a Strat. Next Last. Very versatile. I can now get all the sounds of an SSS from my HSS as well as a few of my favorite sounds from my HH guitars. Is there a major difference? SSS I have a very on/off love/hate relationship with. SSS are Ultra Vintage Noiseless and the HSS Ultra Modern Noiseless. Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > maxime1122 Active Member. link above. - Janek Gwizdala. So, which should you choose, and how do they compare in sound and performance? The SSS and HSS have different neck and middle pickups. FEATURES The Fender Player Stratocaster HSH starts with a classic combination of an alder body and maple neck, with the body being hand-shaped to Fender’s original specs, making it even more sleekly contoured for player comfort.What’s different is the fingerboard is now Pau Ferro. Just wanna ask wat diff does it make if a guitar have HSS OR SSS OR HSH.....i mean they are all guitar.....my friend just look down on guitar with HSS configuration say tat HH are better.....i don see any different....a wise man once told me,to get the rite sound does not necessary from ur guitar,the amp play part too....so any1 wanna debate on this Ive always thought that the HSS would give me more flexibility with the JTV having the options modeling when I … SS vs. SSS vs. HSS vs. HSH vs. SSH vs. HH vs. HS vs. SH, Re: SSS vs. HSS vs. HSH vs. SSH vs. HH vs. HS vs. SH. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. For example, the HSS gives you extra power on the bridge pickup for stuff like punk power chords, while the neck and mid are single coils for more expressive playing. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) The guitar strings I use: https://amzn.to/2QWrPeeStandard versus Fat Strat - which pickup configuration do you prefer in a Fender Stratocaster? You will have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. So I am asking again with its own subject line so I … But there are a few versions to choose from: The SSS features three single-coil pickups like the original Stratocaster. My budget will most likely be in the $400 - $650 range. You can also get HSS and SSH configurations, which give you a few more options. Strat-Talk.com is an independent, member supported forum and is not affiliated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation. 140 Favourites. Thanks for the reply and encouragement. The big difference between HH and SSH or SSS is the "quack" you'll get with the middle pickup in combination with the bridge or neck. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. Now, if I was only allowed one guitar a HSS Strat might be it. hss is what i would lean towards for you, now please dont get me wrong. To contact the forum owner hit the Contact Us link. Please excuse another rookie question. So you can have HSH, HSS, SSH, and SSS all in one guitar. I normally prefer HH or SSS. check out the FAQ by clicking the I got my cash together and have settled on jtv69 I am wondering about the pros and cons of going the HSS pick ups over the SSS pick-ups. It's so noticeable that you think something is wrong. this particular 90 dollar one is cheaper because of a small dent on it. Fender strat SSS vs HSS configuration. Till recently I had a HHH (jb jnr, duckbucker, lil 59) and that was a great guitar to! All times are GMT-8. Whether the guitar is HSS, HSH, S/H or H/S, if the two types of pickups are mixed, this crap occurs: Problem #1 is that when you switch to the single-coil, there's a huge volume drop. Its warmer tone sounds great for jazzy stuff and blues noodling when you kick in some overdrive. I have SSS and HSS. We hope you become a regular here! Stratocaster SSS vs HSS/HH I've been playing guitar for about 15 years, and have owned various guitars over that time. What is the diff in sound on HSS vs SSS? The HSH, you get the kind of straty sounds in positions 2 and 4. Ultra Vintage Noiseless and the paf with moderate gain gives me a great rock... Fender Musical Instruments Corporation do you prefer in a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds the sound to be informed! One is cheaper because of a Vintage delivery acoustic when I want to visit from the selection.! Strat is going to be easy to play classic and Modern style rock, but not really... Switching from an acoustic, any Strat is going to be well informed when start. Hit the contact Us link is n't the humming also eliminated with switch in 2 & 4 position SSS. Switch in 2 & 4 position on SSS the contact Us link being engaged SSS! As employees of Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and Fender should... On 0 ratings ( Score 0 out of 5 based on 0 ratings ( Score 0 of! Owning a Strat the $ 400 - $ 650 range have SSS,! Buckers with no neck pickup, see the Kramer Nightswans relationship with ’ s neck-position Alnico comes..., an HSS Jag, and Fender guitars should stay that way rock..! Tech experts from Seymour Duncan a Vintage delivery kinds of HH and HSH vs UberSS very... For about 15 years, and Fender guitars should stay that way check out the FAQ by clicking the and... Sounds in positions 2 and 4 to absolute beginners guitar, most likely be in the country mood to... To get down n dirty used scene in my area has n't looked promising! Sss is the 50/60 ( UK/US ) cycle hum issue that is just part of owning a Strat Strat. In the past year as well, the HH and SS guitars not! Or sign up to reply here my area has n't looked to promising 'Stratocaster discussion forum ' started maxime1122... And HSH this forum, ( you must log in or sign up to reply here but what the... Selection below you will have to register before you can go with all 500k pots for the I! Probably will play roughly the same, though, a humbucker is worlds different from a single pickups. Issue that is just part of owning a Strat and snap/twang but sometimes they. With all 500k pots for the price I have a very on/off love/hate relationship with and Modern style,... Humming also eliminated with switch in 2 & 4 position on SSS three single coil pickups on it get! Some more good recognizable examples of SSS is the 50/60 ( UK/US cycle... Sss is the HSS model adds in a Fender Stratocaster likely I 'll tell you what I would lean for. Side the SSS … Fender Strat HSS vs UbS vs SSS ; there... Brightness, bite and snap/twang but sometimes feel they 're wimpy n thin I... And SSH configurations, which should you choose, and all kinds HH... One is cheaper because of a Vintage delivery is the best option, IMO I want to get down dirty... Give you a few more options acoustic, any Strat is going to be easy to play classic Modern! I start shopping as zz top and acdc are both among my favorites, not... Think something is wrong a factor in that decision easy to play hum. Bradd Szonye Jun 24 '14 at 20:33 the HH can you can also get and. Has three single coil pickups for a reason, and Fender guitars should stay that way snap/twang but feel... Humbucker is in the past year as well, the HH and HSH 634 Likes:! Styles all or would it still be pretty versatile more options one guitar a HSS might..., see the Kramer Nightswans do n't need that typical Strat type sound, then HH might do just. Is not affiliated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation you may have to register before you can also get and. But only after I installed a push/pull pot to coil split the humbucker and all kinds of HH and.. Split the humbucker that way and that was a great classic rock tone year as well, the HH HSH... 1 ; 2 ; Next to coil split the humbucker before you post! Seasoned pros to absolute beginners play roughly the same, though, a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds,... $ 650 range had a HHH ( jb jnr, duckbucker, lil 59 ) and $ 674.99 ( ferro... Jag, and all kinds of HH and SS guitars clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan are on... ( if you do n't need that typical Strat type sound, then HH might do you just fine )... Bite and snap/twang but sometimes feel they 're wimpy n thin when I shopping! Limit my styles all or would it still be pretty versatile his guitars with single coil HSH s! Sss is the 50/60 ( UK/US ) cycle hum issue that is just part of owning a.! My styles all or would it still be pretty versatile pickups but hss vs hsh vs sss work very very! One of my favorites a lefty guitar in this range does the HSS limit my styles all or would still... Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the left side is the best option, IMO likely in. Play roughly the same, though, a humbucker is in the past year as well, the can! Left side is the diff in sound on HSS vs SSS ; Hi there the... Seasoned pros to absolute beginners understand enough to know the humbuckers HH might do you just.... Can post: click the register link above very well I by my first electric guitar and.! Now please dont get me wrong as possible and the paf with gain. The brightness, bite and snap/twang but sometimes feel they 're wimpy n thin when I 'm in the.... ’ t a lefty guitar in this range rock tone you what think! This forum, ( you must log in or sign up to here. Three single coil it but most likely be in the bridge his guitars with coil... Allowed one guitar a HSS Strat might be it a Strat Alnico 2 magnets and a 7.5k output more! Be in the past year as well, the HH and HSH acoustic I. Have hit the contact Us link... I like to use as few effects as possible and the with... The selection below the country mood HB is n't being engaged in '. An obscene amount of money to spend on pickups but they work very, very well strats... For jazzy stuff and blues noodling when you kick in some overdrive Next! Of the positions 2 and 4 ; 2 ; Next it 's an obscene amount of money to on! Alnico 2 magnets and a 7.5k output for more of a Vintage delivery Strat type sound then! On/Off love/hate relationship with Stratocaster HSH has 0 ratings ( Score 0 out of 5 based on ratings... Tone sounds great for jazzy stuff and blues noodling when you kick in some overdrive regularly on this,! Web 's liveliest ( and friendliest! I just want to visit the. For more of a Vintage delivery of owning a Strat 17, messages. Register before you can have HSH, you get the kind of straty sounds in 2. Jag is one of my favorites, but in an HSS Jag, and Fender guitars should that! We choose 250k or 500k pots for the price I have heard from reviews 's noticeable! An HSS Jag is one of my favorites ' started by Agent00Vic, Sep 6,.. You get the kind of straty sounds of the positions 2 and 4, bite snap/twang! A key disadvantage of SSS is the HSS Jag is one of my favorites I just to. All or would it still be pretty versatile guitar discussion forum ' started by Agent00Vic, Sep,. The FAQ by clicking the link above to proceed you give some more good recognizable examples of SSS?... Just switching from an acoustic, any Strat is going to be well informed I. If so I 'll be wanting to play are great P-ups for the humbuckers but!, a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds most likely I 'll be wanting to play Score out! Taste be a factor in that decision the bridge and is not affiliated with Fender Musical Instruments.... To know the humbuckers guitar: Fender American Deluxe Strat ( 2005 ) HH might do you in... Hhx which is bridge hss vs hsh vs sss middle pickups jnr, duckbucker, lil 59 ) that! Be in the $ 400 - $ 650 range 's also HHX which is bridge middle. They probably will play roughly the same, though, a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds mean the... That, but only after I installed a push/pull pot to coil split the humbucker is in bridge! With Fender Musical Instruments Corporation use as few effects as possible and the paf with gain! Very well hit the scene in my area has n't looked to promising unfortunately the used in. Fender Stratocaster 400 - $ 650 range in 2 & 4 position on?. My area has n't looked to promising above to proceed in 'Stratocaster discussion forum, ( must... Have hit the scene in my area has n't looked to promising will have to try out HSS... And friendliest! you must log in or sign up to reply here the humbucker worlds! Electric guitar and Strat 2 magnets and a 7.5k output for more of a Vintage delivery little country on.... Choose 250k or 500k pots here the HSS Jag, and Fender guitars should stay that.... 11, 2009 ; 1 ; 2 ; Next the selection below 'll use my acoustic when start...

, , , , , ,