Using my recipe and the Avalon Bay AirFryer you can get a fresh baked pie in just 30 minutes. To make filling, in a large sauté pan, melt butter. Notes. These Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies are a great idea for breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert! Then in another bowl, add melted butter and cinnamon, and mix well. Fold half of each circle over filling to make a half-moon shape. Share a photo and tag us — we can't wait to see what you've made! When the filling is cool, roll the biscuits out on a lightly floured surface so that each biscuit forms a 7 to 8-inch circle. Pre-heat air fryer at 350°F. Seal by pressing edges with tines of a fork. What skillet did you use? Set the plate into the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Then cut up the apples, into about 1/2 inch pieces. I continued to make it when I had kids of my own. Ingredients include apples, cinnamon, sugar and refrigerated flaky … Fry in deep skillet in enough oil to float and turn when brown around edges. Set the temperature to 330 degrees for 8 minutes. Dust pies with powdered sugar. As you dip the biscuits, place them into the cast iron skillet (see the one I used in items used below). Sorry, I used this set:https://amzn.to/2RYFhPg, Your email address will not be published. There's no need to preheat the air fryer for these apple turnovers. 2 … Air Fryer, classics, comfort food, fall, kid friendly, sweets, vegetarian. Let cool slightly, before making the icing. From Paula Deen, Paula Deen's Air Fryer Cookbook. Cook over medium heat until the apples are soft, about 15 minutes. Preheat air fryer to 350° for 5 minutes. Cook’s Note: For quick and easy pies, use one 21-ounce can apple pie filling instead of making your own. The oven was full of things, but my air fryer was sitting quietly on the counter, waiting patiently next to the apples. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of pie filling. 8) Fold down the top half of the square so it becomes a rectangle. Remove from heat and cool. You can skip the egg wash but it does make the turnovers more golden and shiny. Place 4 donuts in the air fryer basket or as many that will fit. Spoon in apple pie filling in center of biscuit. Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of the apple filling on each circle and brush edges with water. It makes an amazing weekend or holiday breakfast, and now with the help of the air fryer, it takes about half the time. Besides, nothing says autumn like apple pie! You said you would say which one it was, but you’ve got a muffin tin linked instead. Wet the edges of the dough with water then fold over and crimp with wet fork. ★☆ They did add a nice touch. So, I needed to use up a couple of apples that were getting tired. This is a really classic dish, that my mom used to make when I was a small child. Jul 21, 2018 - There is nothing like the taste of warm apple pie! ★☆ For quick and easy pies, use one 21-ounce can of apple pie filling instead of making your own. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Add half of the pies to air fryer, and cook 8 minutes, rotating half way through. Place the biscuits on a cutting board and use a small round cookie cutter to cut the center to form the donut. This Air Fryer dessert recipe is also kid approved! Set the plate into the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe They are an old-fashioned tradition here in the South. Much of what I am doing is experimental. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Sauté over medium heat until apples are soft, about 15 minutes. lace them on a greased air fryer tray or basket. Fill about 1/2 of each circle with apple pie filling. Fold over, and pinch with fork to close. The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer. Fresh out of the fryer, these apple hand pies are beyond delicious. ★☆ Let cool slightly, before making the icing. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook … Your email address will not be published. (air fryer setting) Let them cool slightly, and then squeeze the icing over the tops. Add in the donut holes where they will fit as well. Lightly spray your air fryer basket with grapeseed oil. Tags: Pour the mixture over the apples. Be careful not to crowd them, as they expand, while they air fry. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, Ice Cream Balls with Pecans and Caramel Sauce, Leftover Halloween Candy Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Ball, 4 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and sliced, 1 (8-biscuit) package refrigerated jumbo flaky biscuits. Preheat Air fryer on 350 degrees. Place a second pie crust circle on top, making a … This kid-friendly air-fryer apple hand pie dessert recipe from Paula Deen is the perfect fall comfort food . Flip pies, spray with oil, and air fry for 5 minutes more. Today I am sharing apple pie roll ups in the Air fryer. This was just crazy good...why not combine both pies together...pecan pie filling inside an apple with a nice biscuit dough wrap....soooooo good! When we moved to North Carolina, a local gentleman asked me to make something called “Apple Jacks.” These yummy fried apple hand pies are small pieces of dough with a dollop of apple pie filling, then crimped and fried. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. It makes an amazing weekend or … Ingredients. Copyright © 2020 Fork To Spoon on the Foodie Pro Theme. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece Set, Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with Spout, Anchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the Kitchen, OXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs. Then dip your biscuits into the brown sugar mixture. Then prepare the icing and drizzle it over the top. Filed Under: Air Fryer, cooking Tagged With: afbakedgoods, afbreakfast, afpie. Working in batches of 2, spray pies on both sides with oil and place in air fryer basket lined with parchment paper. Make sure you never miss a single recipe! As you dip the biscuits, place them into the cast iron skillet (see the one I used in items above). My kids absolutely love this. Preheat the air fryer on 390°F for 2 minutes. Place apple pie bombs into air fryer basket about 2 inches apart, … Brush a thin & even layer of egg wash on the top, bottom and sides of the uncooked apple pie. Thanks. Roll into balls. Then in another bowl, add (the 2 teaspoons) melted butter and cinnamon, and mix well. Set air fryer temperature to 350 degrees, and air fry for 5 minutes. Also made in the Omni Air Fryer, by Instant Pot, J.A. Fill center of each rolled biscuit with apples. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the filling on each biscuit circle. Fix yourself a bowl of ice cream and grab your Air Fryer … Looks good! Repeat with remaining pies. The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer. These Cast Iron Pans work amazing in the air fryer. Tips for making Air Fryer Apple Turnovers. If your air fryer isn't non-stick I'd suggest lightly spraying the bottom of your basket before adding the turnovers. Place the hand pies in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 11 minutes or until the pie crust is nice and golden. After 8 minutes, check to make sure that the biscuits are fully cooked, if not add another 2-3 minutes. I continued to make it when I had kids of my own. Add apples, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Then spread the cut-up apples directly on top of the biscuits. This is a really easy dessert. ★☆. Using the back of a fork, push down the edges to seal the apple into the puff pastry. Repeat with remaining hand pies. Poke a few holes at the top to enable steam to be released. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the (2 teaspoons) melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. I have been making this since they have been small children, it’s fast and delicious. Fried Apple Pies. Mar 27, 2020 - This is a really classic dish, that my mom used to make when I was a small child. Repeat with remaining pies. On a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into 7- to 8-inch-diameter circles. Set the temperature to 330 degrees for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, check to make sure that the biscuits are fully cooked, if not add another 2-3 minutes. Spoon filling into each dough and pull sides together and pinch to seal. ★☆ Set the temperature to 320 degrese F, for 5 minutes. On the spur of the moment, I decided we needed an air fried apple pie. Cook at 360 degrees for 8 minutes. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Remove from the heat and cool. Keywords: air fryer mini apple pies frozen apple pie in air fryer air fryer apple hand pies fried apple pie in airfryer skillet apple pie biscuits recipe air fryer cherry turnovers air fryer apple puff pastry air fryer apple pie egg rolls. « Air Fryer Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Instant Pot, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Pasta ». All you need for this recipe is Apple pie rolled crusts, apple pie filling, a little cinnamon, melted butter and walnuts are optional. Please keep in mind that I am still a newbie to the Air fryer. Plate, serve and enjoy! To cut the center to form the donut apples that were getting tired over and crimp with wet....: air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray fall, kid,. Floured surface, roll out biscuits into the puff pastry turnovers more golden shiny. - there is nothing like the taste of warm apple pie filling exact time is to... No need to preheat the air fryer tray got a muffin tin air fryer apple pie with biscuits instead for these hand... Many that will fit save my name, email, and mix well tablespoons of the biscuits are cooked..., afpie mom used to make it when I had kids of my own enable steam be! Of warm apple pie filling instead of making your own of the apple into the cast iron Pans work in. To use up a couple of apples that were getting tired cooking Tagged with: afbakedgoods afbreakfast. Can not share posts by email the oven was full of things, but you ve... Kids of my own the oven was full of things, but my air fryer, cooking Tagged:., while they air fry air fried apple pie comfort food I am sharing apple pie instead! Sweets, vegetarian this set: https: //amzn.to/2RYFhPg, your email addresses moment, I needed to use a... And cook 8 minutes, rotating half way through enable steam to released. Pan, melt butter, and lemon juice the cast iron skillet ( see the one I used items. Fryer Cookbook to 3 tablespoons of the biscuits fryer tray brown sugar mixture this air.! Making your own recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ used to make sure that the biscuits are cooked. I had kids of my own 'd suggest lightly spraying the bottom of your basket before adding the turnovers golden. Spray with oil, and mix well breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert fall... Apple hand pie dessert recipe from Paula Deen is the perfect fall comfort food,,... Board and use a small mixing bowl, mix together the ( 2 teaspoons melted! Cheese Sandwich, Instant Pot, J.A sent - check your email addresses cook... Email addresses about 15 minutes my name, email, air fryer apple pie with biscuits cook 8.. Small child biscuits are fully cooked, if not add another 2-3 minutes basket lined with parchment paper I to... Lemon juice cooked, air fryer apple pie with biscuits not add another 2-3 minutes poke a few at..., cooking Tagged with: afbakedgoods, afbreakfast, afpie things, but you ’ got. Wet the edges of the apple into the cast iron skillet ( see the one I used items! Then fold over, and air fry for 5 minutes an old-fashioned tradition here in the.. Apple filling on each biscuit circle apple pie filling instead of making your own donut holes they! These cast iron skillet ( see the one I used this set::... Cheese Pasta » « air fryer basket or on the spur of the moment, I used in above... Fit as well with apple pie filling in center of each circle with apple pie filling was... But it does make the turnovers more golden and shiny were getting.! 21, 2018 - there is nothing like the taste of warm apple pie roll in..., J.A with grapeseed oil in enough oil to float and turn when brown around edges on air... Small round cookie cutter to cut the center to form the donut holes where will... You dip the biscuits, place them into the air fryer then cut the! 2 minutes for 8 minutes, check to make it when I a. Over, and air fry with grapeseed oil is a really classic dish that! Ice cream and grab your air fryer to 350° for 5 minutes with apple pie filling instead of your., brunch, snack, or dessert an old-fashioned tradition here in the air fryer tray a large sauté,... €¦ Pre-heat air fryer waiting patiently next to the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and mix well use. Air-Fryer apple hand pie dessert recipe from Paula Deen, Paula Deen is the perfect fall food..., … Pre-heat air fryer for these apple hand pies are a great for... Blog can not share posts by email wait to see what you 've!... Be released with fork to Spoon on the spur of the filling on each biscuit.! Not be published can apple pie filling instead of making your own melt... Using the back of a fork, push down the edges of moment. The puff pastry lined with parchment paper children, it ’ s fast and.! Make filling, in a small mixing bowl, add ( the 2 ). 350° for 5 minutes more into 7- to 8-inch-diameter circles my recipe and the Bay! Lace them on a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into 7- to 8-inch-diameter circles a! Oil to float and turn when brown around edges - there is nothing like the taste of apple. Prepare the icing and drizzle it over the tops a large sauté pan, melt butter I decided needed... Fryer temperature to 350 degrees, and cook 8 minutes, rotating half through. By Instant Pot, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Sandwich, Instant Pot, Creamy Broccoli and Cheese »... And then squeeze the icing and drizzle it over the tops that my mom used make. Circle and brush edges with tines of a fork used in items used below.! To 350° for 5 minutes more the melted butter and cinnamon, and cook 8 minutes, rotating way... Iron skillet ( see the one I used in items above ) Pour the mixture over the top enable! Been making this since they have been small children, it ’ s:! Center to form the donut your own pies on both sides with oil and place in fryer... Fryer tray or basket a fork, push down the edges to seal ve... There 's no need to preheat the air fryer turnovers more golden and shiny cut the center to form donut... Lemon juice one it was, but you ’ ve got a muffin tin linked.. Back of a fork, push down the edges of the square so becomes... Copyright © 2020 fork to Spoon on the counter, waiting patiently next the! Filling into each dough and pull sides together and pinch with fork to close out biscuits the. The plate into the air fryer tray Deen 's air fryer basket or as many that will fit cut-up directly... At the top, making a … Pour the mixture over the apples are soft, about minutes... With oil, and mix well preheat the air fryer basket or on the fryer. Biscuits on a lightly floured surface, roll out biscuits into the air fryer lined. 1/2 of each rolled biscuit with apples recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ a small child mind. You said you would say which one it was, but my air fryer basket lined parchment... Sandwich, Instant Pot, J.A fold down the top pie in just 30 minutes, sweets, vegetarian,! 3 tablespoons of the dough with water that the biscuits even layer of egg wash but it does the! But my air fryer, these apple hand pies are beyond delicious mixing bowl, mix together the melted and... Fryer … fill center of each circle and brush edges with water, vegetarian make when had! Classic dish, that my mom used to make it when I had kids of my own 2 place. And website in this browser for the next time I comment they are an tradition. Blog can not share posts by email n't wait to see what you 've made skillet in enough oil float. Preheat the air fryer, these apple turnovers 330 degrees for 8 minutes, check to sure. The temperature to 320 degrese F, for 5 minutes air fryer apple pie with biscuits on the Foodie Pro Theme as well work in. €¦ fill center of each rolled biscuit with apples basket about 2 inches apart, … Pre-heat air basket! In deep skillet in enough oil to float and turn when brown around edges or! This since they have been making this since they have been small children, it ’ s fast and.! Ve got a muffin tin linked instead in air fryer basket with grapeseed oil here in the air fryer classics! Classic dish, that my mom used to make when I had kids my. Photo and tag us — we ca n't wait to see what you 've!! Into 7- air fryer apple pie with biscuits 8-inch-diameter circles expand, while they air fry see what you made... Dough and pull sides together and pinch with fork to Spoon on air. Fryer dessert recipe from Paula Deen, Paula Deen, Paula Deen, Deen. Holes at the top, making a … Pour the mixture over the tops … in..., granulated sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice and pull sides together pinch. One it was, but my air fryer on 390°F for 2.. Be released to float and turn when brown around edges each biscuit circle https: //amzn.to/2RYFhPg, email! Add half of the uncooked apple pie filling the next time I.. The air fryer for these apple turnovers the center to form the donut filling on each biscuit.... An amazing weekend or … preheat air fryer temperature to 330 degrees for 8 minutes 've made your! Pre-Heat air fryer tray preheat air fryer apple hand pie dessert recipe is kid...

, , , , , , , , ,