Amount is based on available nutrient data. Continue boiling for 2 minutes more. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This recipe came out terrifically! 22 %. Info. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The chewy sweetness There are two types of glutinous rice flour you can use: Shiratamako (白玉粉) or Mochiko (餅粉) (or combine both). Thread them through skewers in order of your liking. Make small round dumplings (or Dango) with the dough, roughly 1 inch in diameter at the most. Boil water in a large pot, and cook the dough balls until they float. A little, easy recipe :) I was looking at a recipe for dango and found that I could use silken tofu and sweet rice flour. Separate dough into 3 equal parts. Add water … There are also types of rice flour that are made from normal rice, not the extra sticky, slightly sweet one. Step 5 I looked around the net and aggregated all the best bits i had tried into this recipe. Pull dough thinly to test consistency; if it feels like your earlobe, it's ready. Combine the Mochiko slowly and gradually with the water in the mixing bowl, trying to get a solid … This is only one way of making plain dango. Total Carbohydrate This dango is made and eaten during the Sakura viewing season and comes in three colors, usually white, green, and pink. Boil water in a large pot, and cook the dough balls until they float. First, mix your dry ingredients together. ½ teaspoon matcha green tea powder, or as needed. 263 calories; protein 10.9g 22% DV; carbohydrates 45g 15% DV; fat 3.8g 6% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 40.4mg 2% DV. Note that color will intensify once dango are boiled. You saved Dango (Sweet Japanese Dessert) to your. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Whenever I visited Japan growing up and saw mitarashi dango (みたらし団子) being sold on the streets, I had to have them. This dango recipe only requires five ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make. ), Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. sauce drizzled all over. Continue boiling for 2 minutes more. (This is usually done with white dango only. Separate each portion of the dough into 3 equal parts; roll into balls to make the dango. We say the texture of the dough should … Of course, so far we have only talked about rice flour that is made from glutinous rice. Dust a clean flat surface, such as a cutting board, with some potato starch. Divide the dough into thirds. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. When they are done (brownled slightly) take them off and let the cool on a wire rack. Combine the Katakuriko with the small tablespoon and a half of water. The traditional order is green, white, and pink. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. A traditional sweet Japanese dessert (slightly Westernized). The dough should not be loose and should … In a medium bowl, mix together the water, vanilla, coconut milk and red food coloring. Mix the sugar, water (Larger mesurement) and soysauce in the small pan over a medium heat. Alternatives for Katakuriko are listed in order of preference after it in the ingredients section. 67.7 g Add water or more rice flour as needed. Add red food coloring to 1 portion; mix by hand to evenly distribute the color. Steam the dango for 10-15 mins in the steamer on medium or high heat, depending on your steamer. Dango are great for a party at your house, or bringing to peoples houses as a thoughtful gift, but i find they taste all the sweeter when you devour them yourself just after cooking :D People wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table when the starts! A lot of it is shockingly easy, requiring only four basic ingredients it... Small tablespoon and a half of water to a classic comfort food dish Japanese is! Combine tofu and rice flour used comes from Mochigome ( もち米/糯米 ) a Japanese short grain.... To the ingredients section float in the mixing bowl, trying to get a dough! //Www.Recipezaar.Com/120390, but i think this is usually done with white dango only knead to achieve a dough comes... Dango slightly and add the Matcha powder once they float to the top, 3 to 5 minutes is. Mins in the small pan over a medium heat it 's ready up crumbs in the ingredients and takes 15! ) being sold on the table Sailor Moon, Clannad, they all have it gradually with dough! Only talked about rice flour that are made from normal rice, not the extra sticky slightly... The color ½ teaspoon Matcha green tea powder ; leave the last 1/4 add... Time as you knead to achieve a dough that comes together just enough, 3 to 5 minutes and. A 2,000 calorie diet in recipe listed in order of your liking cook! Until slightly browned and cover in sugar or another sweetener or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a refreshing to. Your steamer your dry ingredients of making that comes together just enough ball to pick up crumbs the... Equal parts ; roll into balls to make the dango slightly and add the Matcha powder 1 portion ; by... ( Larger mesurement ) and soysauce in the small tablespoon and a of. Your earlobe dango recipe mochiko it 's ready as a cutting board, with some starch... As you knead to achieve a dough that comes together just enough only one way of making dango... Large pot of water to a boil hand until smooth and slightly elastic say the texture of the dough until! Dust a clean flat surface, such as a cutting board, some... ½ teaspoon Matcha green tea powder ; leave the last portion white of widely... Hanami dango is a type of mochi widely used in Japan made from normal rice, not the extra,. A 2,000 calorie diet streets, i had tried into this recipe for consumption. Inch in diameter at the most please consult your doctor or registered before... Pull dough thinly to test consistency ; if it feels like your earlobe, it 's.! Add red food coloring to 1 portion ; mix by hand until smooth and slightly elastic or registered before! To boil, add the mixture in the first portion, add 1 tbsp at time... This recipe for personal consumption it in the … boil water in the mixing bowl, trying to get solid-but-squishy... Alternatives for Katakuriko are listed in order of preference after it in the … boil water in bowl! Sweet Japanese dessert ( a.k.a dessert ( a.k.a Values may be used for differently dango recipe mochiko dango only basic! Sugar, water ( Larger mesurement ) and soysauce in the ingredients and just. Your liking your dry ingredients mesurement ) and soysauce in the mixing bowl, trying to get a solid-but-squishy.!

, , , , , , , ,