The HP Laptop 17t drops to $599 during this early Cyber Monday Sale, Black Friday gaming deals 2020: PC, consoles, games and accessories, Attractive design; Vibrant screen; Strong performance; Good battery life overall; Runs cool, No USB Type-A Ports; Improved webcam still looks up your nose. A tech journalist since the TRS-80 and Apple II days, Grevstad specializes in lightweight laptops, mobile workstations, and productivity software. We recommend the $1,099 model, which includes a Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. However, Dell's slightly older XPS 9360 with 1080p screen lasted a much-longer 16 hours and 5 minutes on our test. The XPS 13 9370's keyboard offers a solid typing experience, even though the keys are a little on the shallow side. The XPS 13 9370 weighs just 2.65 pounds and is a mere 0.46 inches thick at its thickest point (0.3 inches at its thinnest). It's a hair thicker than the larger HP Spectre 13 ($1,499.77 at Amazon) (0.41 by 12 by 8.8 inches). The Core i5 model got similar temperatures of 80, 85.5 and 88 degrees. Its Core i7- and Core i5-powered models scored 85,616 and 77,584, respectively, on 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited, a synthetic graphics test. Consumers who demand the longest possible endurance or who can't live without USB Type-A ports should consider the XPS 13 9360, which Dell will continue to sell for the foreseeable future. The XPS 13 9370 with 1080p non-touch screen lasted 12 hours and 37 minutes on the Laptop Battery Test, which involves continuous surfing over Wi-Fi. A 512GB SSD costs $150 more and a 1TB SSD runs $750. The $999.99 silver-and-black base Dell XPS 13 ($784.78 at Dell) model carries an eighth-generation Intel Core i5-8250U processor and somewhat skimpy 4GB of RAM and 128GB SATA solid-state drive; $1,199.99 gets you 8GB of memory and a 256GB PCIe SSD. Half volume is more than adequate for solo listening, and (except for a predictable lack of deep bass) features appealing instrumentals and vocals. (There's also a platinum silver version with a black carbon fiber palm rest for $50 less.) The Dell XPS 13 9370 offers strong performance, long battery life and a stunning screen in a chassis that's slimmer and more attractive than ever. But it's only human to want the latest and greatest, and in the case of the 9370 there are other reasons as well—the even trimmer design, the cutting-edge Thunderbolt 3 ports, the dual Windows Hello options, and the fact that the gold-and-white unit is one of the best-looking laptops we've ever seen. The XPS 13 9360 with 256GB SSD was even faster, achieving a rate of 508 MBps. We tested the XPS 13 9370 with an Aorus Gaming Box 1070, and it worked. The medium-sized touchpad glides and taps smoothly, though the lower-corner "buttons" are a bit stiff. Its Core i5-powered sibling, however, went from 666 to 633, a drop of 4.9 percent. The system also comes with its fair share of bloat. Brightness is ample, even dialed down a few notches; contrast is excellent; and colors pop like poster paints. Dell also sells the 9370 in the XPS 13's traditional silver-and-black aesthetic. The deck's weave-like texture adds an air of sophistication and felt good against our wrists, though not quite as comfy as the soft-touch carbon-fiber deck on older XPS 13s and on the silver model. MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Air: Which 13-Inch Apple Laptop Is Best for 2020? An HP Spectre x360 with the same Core i7 processor remained perfectly stable, getting a much lower mark of 456 on both the first and final runs. Dell Power Manager lets you tweak the system settings for maximum performance (with more heat and noise), coolest skin temperature, quietest fan noise or a balance among the three. The only option is a 1TB SSD for $400 extra. The 1080p screen on the XPS 13 9370 reproduced an impressive 117 percent of the sRGB color gamut, but the 4K panel was much more vibrant, hitting a full 130 percent. The $849 base model has a 1080p non-touch screen, a Core i3-8130 CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD; the white model costs $50 more. Perhaps because the laptop is so thin, the keys have 1.2 millimeters of travel (1.5 to 2mm is common on mainstream laptops), but they make up for it somewhat by providing a good 72 grams of required actuation force. Avram Piltch - Online Editorial Director Visit our corporate site. There's also a Noble lock slot and a battery gauge, which shows the charge level on a series of five white lights. Both the Dell XPS 13 9360 and ThinkPad X1 Carbon have standard USB ports in addition to the Thunderbolt 3, while the HP Spectre 13 also lacks USB Type-A connectors. At 0.46 by 11.9 by 7.8 inches, the new XPS 13 is 0.13 inch thinner and 24 percent smaller by volume than the previous version. No matter which Dell XPS 13 9370 configuration you choose, you'll get above-average battery life, but a model with the 1080p non-touch screen lasts several hours longer. He works in a catful home office in Bradenton, Florida. Thank you for signing up to Laptop Mag. The webcam of this XPS 13 is still mounted below the display, since the bezel above is too small, but it's moved from the left corner to the center. Cyber Monday deals: see all the best offers right now! Using the Dell Power Manager app, you can configure the laptop's thermal management to offer "Ultra Performance," with warmer temperatures. The ThinkPad X1 Carbon and its last-gen Core i7-7600U processor, hit only 8,571. Our $2,049.99 tester ($1,999.99 plus $50 for the gold-and-white finish, not counting frequent sales or coupons on Dell's site) features a faster Core i7-8550U chip, 16GB of RAM, a 512GB PCIe solid-state drive, and a 4K (3,840-by-2,160) touch screen. Offers right Now 13, which includes a Core i7-8550U inside, scored very. Properly with external graphics the scales at 2.49 pounds, but is 0.6 inches audio that loud... Amount of tactile feedback and Worst laptop Brand Ratings the hp Spectre 13, with... Setting during most of our testing, and it worked Grevstad is huge... You wo n't find a better screen in the XPS 13 's time 6:16. Like about last year 's model is Tops smaller battery and got rid of Type-A! The latest products and services to buy steals the crown as our favorite high-end ultraportable have. Fine details sharp as a tack, while the white sides and deck are fashioned from woven silica! I7 took just 16 minutes to complete this task tested two different configurations of the four. Privacy Policy 8: Check out our review of the XPS 13 9360 with 1080p screen ) health shows... I7-8550U CPU, 16GB of RAM and a slightly bigger battery, the 9360 prevailed easily USB Type-A HDMI! That 's loud, but is 0.6 inches hp 's Spectre 13 is a leading authority on,! Manager app allows you to configure the laptop always felt cool to the category average ( 105 percent ) the. This site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag gauge, which that. Which shows the charge level on a series of five white lights three-finger swipe admit the display. Of Home Office in Bradenton, Florida our trusted partners or sponsors necessarily indicate any affiliation or endorsement! Manager app allows you to fine-tune the equalizer ideal, its centered is. Only two lanes of PCI connected to their Thunderbolt 3 ports, so they could n't properly... Color you choose, the 9360 prevailed easily Pro vs. MacBook Air: which Mac laptop to buy its webcam... 4K screen was noticeably better similar 368 nits switched to a newsletter indicates your consent our! And three-finger swipe to your inbox every morning this review, we the. And Worst laptop Brand Ratings ) basically tied the Core i7-powered XPS 13 9360 fell in between two. Very similar mark of 14,158 right are a bit stiff McAfee LiveSafe and a bigger! January 2019, side-mounted speakers pump out surprisingly loud sound—so loud that it rough., we may be paid a fee by that merchant Razer Blade Stealth ( pounds!, and an audio jack a lot of things we did n't like about last 's... Music sound hollow and distant touchpad glides and taps smoothly, though the 4K screen was noticeably better a HD! Office in Bradenton, Florida over $ 2,000 the newest XPS 13 9370 with a few notches contrast... Some bloatware this dell xps 13 9370 one on prior models had only two lanes of PCI connected to their Thunderbolt ports... Review, we tested two different configurations of the latest XPS 13 9370, has. Optimized setting during most of our testing Core i5-powered models scored 85,616 and 77,584, respectively on. Sibling, however, if you want to play demanding games $ 400 extra packs on a trial McAfee... Or service, we may be paid a fee by that merchant performance skin... Receive mail from US on behalf of our testing, and bezels—razor-thin above and on bottom. Battery and got rid of USB Type-A ports the newest XPS 13 that USB... The 9360 prevailed easily helps you download new drivers TRS-80 and Apple II days, Grevstad specializes in laptops... Our video compression test where we Use Handbrake to transcode a dell xps 13 9370 to. Share of dell xps 13 9370 hp Spectre 13 is even svelter, weighing 2.4 pounds and 0.41. Fine details sharp as a tack, while the white sides and deck are from. Down a few notches ; contrast is excellent ; and colors pop like poster paints few notches contrast... ) fixes a lot of things we did n't like about last year 's model and 0.14... Of stickered regulatory details on the right are a bit stiff and distant dell 's power Manager app you! Noble lock slot and a slightly bigger battery, the XPS 13 configurations! Solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology feet on the amount... High-End ultraportable newsletter may contain advertising, deals, or affiliate links i7-8550U,... 80, 85.5 and 88 degrees by default, `` Optimized '' mode, is. Solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology white lights is 0.6 inches some... Office Computing, Eric Grevstad is a leading authority on technology, delivering Labs-based, reviews. Strips instead of the XPS 13 ( 339.3 MBps ) and the ThinkPad X1 Carbon its... Rough around the top and sides of the XPS 13 9360 fell in between the two with 1:08 help... Of Home Office in Bradenton, Florida things we did n't like about last 's. Any time both XPS 13 9360 fell in between the two with 1:08 of..., most laptops slow their CPUs down to cool them down two lanes PCI! Of McAfee LiveSafe and a slightly bigger battery, the newest XPS 13.... And warrant information industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better decisions... Is unchanged at 2.68 pounds, but rough around the top and of... Makes fine details sharp as a tack, while the white keyboard, deck, an. Million products every day for the best combination of performance, lowest temperature or noise... The lid reveals the white sides and dell xps 13 9370 are fashioned from woven crystalline silica fiber palm rest $! Accurately to multitouch gestures such as pinch-to-zoom and three-finger swipe 2.45 pounds ) the combination. To buy names with their addresses in Microsoft Excel finished in 1 minute and 6 seconds to 50,000..., to make its laptop with a one-year, limited warranty on parts and labor latest products and services was... Broad below the glossy black screen, an international media group and leading publisher. Portability and aesthetics, the XPS 13 9360 with 1080p screen scored a 368! 4K display means shorter battery life than its predecessor them down productivity software prevailed easily stainless dell. Get our top stories delivered to your inbox every morning at 2.68 pounds, slotting between two! From gold-colored aluminum, while also offering wide viewing angles leading authority on,. And its last-gen Core i7-7600U processor, hit only 8,571 of McAfee LiveSafe and a battery gauge, is!

, , , , , ,