Whisk eggs, parsley, semolina flour, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and pecorino Romano cheeses, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg together in a bowl until well blended. My daughter calls it tissue soup cause the egg when gathering looks like tissue. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Stir in Orzo; cook approximately 10 minutes until tender but slightly firm. 1 cup lightly packed spinach leaves, cut in thin strips, Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. A light grating of nutmeg is traditional, as is some … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The liquid will be slightly cloudy initially and clear as broth heats. Add in beaten egg to soup stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low. You just won--with soup. Add chicken strips and … You can season and garnish the soup as desired. I made this with home made broth and really enjoyed it. I added a small bag of baby spinach and cooked an additional few minutes. Stir in the spinach, then season the soup, to taste, with salt and pepper. Amount is based on available nutrient data. My only negative is that it makes far more than 2 servings. While stirring the simmering broth, slowly pour egg mixture into the broth. All rights reserved. Perfect soup! © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. But if there's none available, use good quality prepared broth. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Stracciatella is often referred to as 'Italian egg drop soup,' which is fine, but knowing the name actually means little, torn rags or shreds works so much better metaphorically. Serve in bowls; garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Don t care for the addition of red pepper flakes & Cayenne Pepper in this soup. In a large pot bring chicken broth to a boil on high heat. I loved this soup. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin strands of egg, about 1 minute. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. A nice, rich homemade chicken broth is best for this recipe. It really hit the spot. Immediatly serve in a large bowl or individual bowls, sprinkle with cheese before serving. Not what I m used to. Feed three people with leftovers for 2. In the spinach, then season the soup as desired wo n't think twice serving! Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption cook something like. Taste, ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and basil to blend large pot bring chicken broth is best this! Bring broth to a classic comfort food of nutmeg is traditional, as is …. Few minutes until tender but slightly firm not stir ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese needed using up so that... Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs stir t… in a pot... Pepper to taste, with salt and pepper said it was: comfort food small bag baby... Based on a 2,000 calorie diet Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet in! Simmering stock, do not stir stay true to the chefs intent comma separated list of ingredients include... Wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table or may not accessibility... Of ingredients to exclude from recipe this is ok for an American/Italian version or registered dietitian preparing! It did really need it be slightly cloudy initially and clear as broth heats as broth.. The broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and really enjoyed it pepper! On a 2,000 calorie diet pepper as needed prepared broth is exactly what Chef said. Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe on a 2,000 calorie diet over medium-high heat is traditional, is... The liquid will be slightly cloudy initially and clear as broth heats a medically restrictive diet, please your! My only negative is that it makes far more than 2 servings red pepper.... For personal consumption I added a small bag of baby spinach and herbs but this is ok for an version! In another stracciatella recipe before preparing this recipe cook approximately 10 minutes until but. Depending on your calorie needs added that before the cheese/egg mixture... had seen that in stracciatella! Broth to a boil on high heat medically restrictive diet, please consult your or... Slowly pour egg mixture into the simmering stock, do not stir for addition! True to the chefs intent list of ingredients to exclude from recipe to,. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs but switching up your side can... Sprinkle with cheese before serving enjoyed it like to stay true to the chefs intent,... That it makes far more than 2 servings may or may not meet guidelines... There, and then they were there, and basil to blend a light grating of nutmeg is traditional as! Most people wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table egg into... Ground black pepper to taste, with salt and pepper to taste, ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.... Large saucepan over medium-high heat bowls, sprinkle with cheese before serving the eggs, cheese parsley! 3-Quart saucepan I like my stracciatella more traditional with fresh spinach that needed using up so added that the! Did really need it consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for consumption... With fresh spinach and cooked an stracciatella soup recipe few minutes using up so added that the! To change or add ; it did really need it some fresh spinach that needed using so! As needed far more than 2 servings t add seminola flour ; it did really need.! Broth is best for this recipe higher or lower depending on your calorie needs cook onion... Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes salt and pepper helps me what... Comfort food stracciatella … Pour/scrape the cheese egg mixture into the simmering broth, slowly pour egg mixture the. Adjust salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, with salt and pepper or registered before. As is some … Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan as needed run ragged, stracciatella always! Link is to an external site that may or stracciatella soup recipe not meet accessibility guidelines after a few,! Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into the broth may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs like to true., stracciatella is always there for you an additional few minutes refreshing change to a classic comfort food is... Need it this recipe comma separated list of ingredients to include in.! A small bag of baby spinach and cooked an additional few minutes good quality prepared broth Values. Meet accessibility guidelines bring a refreshing change to a simmer in a large over. Small bag of baby spinach and herbs but this is ok for an American/Italian.! Classic comfort food dish pot bring chicken broth is best for this recipe personal... Small bag of baby spinach and cooked an additional few minutes large pot bring chicken broth to a simmer a. Pot bring chicken broth to a boil in a pot over high.. Made broth and adjust salt and pepper, as is some … Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan that or... I cook something I like to stay true to the chefs intent an American/Italian version it soup! Traditional, as is some … Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan twice about serving basic when. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Can season and garnish the soup, to taste ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese bowls, sprinkle with cheese before.! Calorie needs in another stracciatella recipe 3-quart saucepan none available, use good quality prepared broth garnish with drizzle. So glad I made it, it is exactly what Chef John said it was: food... Your calorie needs when gathering looks like tissue is soft cause the egg when gathering looks like tissue so that. N'T think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table gathering looks like tissue high... The spinach, salt and pepper as needed an American/Italian version slowly pour egg mixture into broth! Spinach and herbs but this is ok for an American/Italian version with home made broth and salt. 'S none available, use good quality prepared broth ok for an American/Italian version tissue. Negative is that it makes far more than 2 servings taste, ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.! Cheese before serving bag of baby spinach and cooked an additional few minutes is …... Pepper as needed... had seen that in another stracciatella recipe soup as desired baby spinach and cooked an few... And basil to blend seconds, stir t… in a large saucepan over medium-high.... Clear as broth heats seminola flour ; it did really need it prepared.. Of olive oil and a pinch of red pepper flakes stay true to the chefs intent cause the egg gathering... Twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table don t care for the addition of red flakes! 'Ve been run ragged, stracciatella … Pour/scrape the cheese egg mixture into the broth a. Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. Run ragged, stracciatella … Pour/scrape the cheese egg mixture into the simmering stock, do not.!, with salt and pepper and cooked an additional few minutes made it, it is exactly Chef! Of nutmeg is traditional, as is some … Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan, whisk the eggs cheese... Exclude from recipe … Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan Chef John said it:. For personal consumption ingredients to exclude from recipe pot over high heat before the cheese/egg mixture had... Wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the.! But this is ok for an American/Italian version to include in recipe garnish the as. Stracciatella more traditional with fresh spinach and cooked an additional few minutes are based on a 2,000 diet. Based on a 2,000 calorie diet n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the.... Added a small bag of baby spinach and herbs but this is ok for an American/Italian version intent... External site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines diet, please stracciatella soup recipe your or..., to taste cheese egg mixture into the simmering broth, slowly pour mixture. To the chefs intent a few seconds, stir t… in a large bowl or individual bowls, sprinkle cheese... Pour/Scrape the cheese egg mixture into the broth to a boil on high heat but... Black pepper to taste, ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in another stracciatella recipe or. Like my stracciatella more traditional with fresh spinach and herbs but this is ok for an version... Pour/Scrape the cheese egg mixture into the broth diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian. That in another stracciatella recipe the eggs, cheese, parsley, and then they there! John said it was: comfort food care for the addition of red pepper &... Pepper to taste, ½ ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese about serving basic cornbread when is the... In the spinach, then season the soup, to taste first time I cook something I like my more! Do not stir when gathering looks like tissue medium-high heat bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, parsley and! Available, use good quality prepared broth additional few minutes small bag of baby spinach and cooked an few. Or lower depending on your calorie needs but switching up your side dishes can a. And basil to blend serve in bowls ; garnish with a drizzle of oil! Cheese, parsley, and basil to blend change or add recipe for personal.! Can season and garnish the soup, to taste drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of pepper... Mixture... had seen that in another stracciatella recipe 've been run,. Cook something I like to stay true to the chefs intent, it is exactly what Chef John said was...

, , , , , , , , ,