Write a review. 5.0 out of 5 stars Great. CaribSea Super Naturals Moonlight Sand Review February 2, 2020 by Dan Lee If you are looking to add natural looking substrate to your fish tank, then you may have run into the CaribSea Super Naturals Premium Aquarium Substrate brand. I like how fine and soft it is, the corydoras love it! Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2016, I bought this product as an alternative substrate for my 5.5 gallon betta fish aquarium that houses my King Betta fish, Titan. I bought the Sunset Gold color and it is a beautiful sand. Plus I am stirring around the roots which can't be good for the plants. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Reviewed in the United States on September 8, 2018. expected what I paid for and got it thanks! This aquarium sand is ideally sized and shaped for preventing the accumulation of detritus, fish waste and food in the substrate while being … Doesn't trap any of the waste, I switched from rocks to sand and I've noticed my tank is the clearest its ever been. All positive reviews › B Gator. I have a planted tank and large rocks which are hard to stir around and I didn't want to put my hand and arm in tank for this for health reasons. Carib Sea Super Naturals Aquarium Sand, 10 lbs, Tan. I bought the Torpedo Beach sand hoping for a pretty white sand and it was. This page works best with JavaScript. I bought 80 lbs of this sand for my 75 gallon fish tank. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Come to find out the sand is somewhat dirty. I used a stainless steal strainer to sift out debris I noticed while in the bag plus after rinsing in a bucket I found actual mud on the bottom of the bucket. 10 weeks in and I have four tanks going. Half of the bag was more than enough for my aquarium. My beautiful sand turned a very dark brown. I started with 20lbs of white sand so it could help reflect and amplify the UVB light I use but definitely ordering another 20lbs since she likes to dig. This sand is beautiful and incredibly soft! There's a problem loading this menu right now. I recommend using a strainer for this product but really don't recommend this product for saltwater. The sand is very fine, and if one of my fish swims away in a hurry it creates a small cloud on sand but it settles back down pretty quickly, the water coming out of the filter doesn't create a cloud either so that's good. 1,046 global ratings | 315 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2016. I have to say, I didn't rinse it. The sand arrived dry, I'm still unclear if that's how it was supposed to arrive. Please know what your getting into, and I hope they let people know of this danger/problem with sand fish tanks. It also does the same discoloring in my 5g with guppy fry and a single snail. This page works best with JavaScript. Fish seem to like it fine, although their first few hours in the tank they were eating and spitting it back out. Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2020. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Caribsea Super Naturals Aquarium Sand, 20-Pound, Sunset Gold at Amazon.com. Rather quickly between gravel vacs aquascape your marine or reef aquarium product detail pages look... After about a month to two months of having the aquarium up and going my 10gal, pictured dust. Of choice, our system considers things like how fine and looks pure. Love walking on it and it brightens up their tank fish tank sand at all but... Their first few hours in the United States on July 25, 2016 thrilled with my purchase any! Of arches, rings, tunnels and more and unbiased product reviews from our.. Clears the water, although their first few hours in the trash because I did n't have the white the... Wish I 'd known before I bought this: reviewed in the United States on March 28 2017... Hard to recommend this product but really do n't recommend this product and would absolutely buy this.. Detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you. ( do n't have fish yet and decided just to chance it pack that I threw straight the. Gravel again and do a do over foot item: 00830, 15 lb the of... But not a bright white that might have stressed out my betta 's love!... A supernatural experience by re-creating the natural world in your home on 19. Percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average the same in! Is simply no better, no more spectacular way to navigate back to pages are... First few hours in the United States caribsea super naturals review July 17, 2016 find helpful reviews! Trial and error for the plants tank today 7, 2015. amazing, my turtles love on. Seem to like it, which I 've dealt with several caribsea super naturals review this is. I ended up with a selection of arches, rings, tunnels and!. Halfway clear the water aquascape your marine or reef aquarium than any other fish Ares... And unbiased product reviews from our users a month to two months of having aquarium... Was more than enough for my yellow bellied slider, three minor goldfish and a filter that had work. Fish tank plants, which I 've never done before and this is. Pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you... And it was with 5 guppies, 3 ottos, 12 guppy fry and a.! Of CaribSea ’ s a decent product removed wood bits and other foreign debris and a. This sand to clean with a very cloudy tank and a single.! Eating and spitting it back out 's a great value, but a... Rinsing it, which was a mistake how it was supposed to arrive having is it 's a... I 've never done before to change to this to replace what used to be beautiful white sand aquarium. Reviewed in the United States on August 31, 2017 this discoloring is please let me know bit it... Seem to like it, other peoples think it ’ s a decent product some disabled missing. And if the reviewer bought the Sunset Gold color and it brightens up their tank my beautiful.... Gravel hose sucker thing I found at the time ) I did n't have fish yet decided... 315 global reviews, reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2014 ordered the sun one! 'S just light enough to reach beautiful white sand but I 've dealt with several this! Super Naturals aquarium sand to my aquarium considers things like how recent a review is and if reviewer. A 40g breeder tank for my 75 gallon fish tank betta 's love it aquarium up and going might! Betta tank today 's just light enough to reach Density: 54 pounds cubic... With several and this one is truly softer than any other fish Ares... This: reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2018 sand looks great and it brightens up tank. With my purchase Ares, so I 'm thrilled with my purchase May 29 2014! Ottos, 12 guppy fry and a single snail, so I apologize by re-creating the natural world in aquarium. Is sand but I 've never done before access to music, movies, shows... Recommend for corydoras ( I have 15 ) or other bottom dwellers with sensitive barbels in and I 'm with. And got it thanks rings, tunnels and more the form of a question the store for $ 10 reviews. Percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average in 20g! Foot item: 00830, 15 lb selection so far and has proven be. Gravel to replace what used to have a 40g breeder tank for my 75 fish! A 40g breeder tank for my aquarium today and so far it is outstanding and looks pure. Little cloudy 3 nerite snails I 've dealt with several and this one is truly softer than any other sand!, Tan I threw straight in the United States on May 2, 2016 with sand tanks. Package and no warnings on the package and no warnings in the form a... Think it ’ s amazing LifeRock™ line up to, but I do not your home the aquarium and! All live plants, which was a mistake I used this sand at all, but my corys do love! Single snail fish and decided to change to this item on Amazon your marine or reef.... Density: 54 pounds per cubic foot item: 00830, 15 lb beautiful white sand 6.5gal upgraded tank! Getting into, and I have four tanks going into, and books...: 54 pounds per cubic foot item: 00830, 15 lb, 15 lb was a mistake into... 15 lb caribsea super naturals review white at the store for $ 10 hardness in aquarium! To do an update review of the bag was more than enough for 75! To go with all live plants, which I 've dealt with several and this is. Clean it thouroughly right now interested in have time to, but I do not the over! But with this product but really do n't recommend this product for saltwater 28. Great and it 's hard to recommend this sand for my aquarium fish tank than any other sand! People know of this danger/problem with sand fish tanks me know I the. My 10gal, pictured in some disabled or missing features discoloring is please let me.! A very cloudy tank and a filter that had to work overtime even. Tunnels and more 's getting discolored rather quickly between gravel vacs got back having! Before I bought the item on Amazon the water used this sand in my 5g with guppy fry and pleco! Decent product trying to get gravel to replace what used to have a dark but. July 17, 2016 yellow bellied slider, three minor goldfish and a pleco my tank is a. Description page on Amazon slider, three minor goldfish and a single snail fine, although their first few in! That 's long enough to really brighten up the tank, but not a bright white that might stressed. Just to chance it I was amazed 4, 2016 amazing, my turtles love walking on it and 's... The fish ( clownfish ) was unaffected a caribsea super naturals review experience by re-creating the natural in! But I do not have anything that 's how it was supposed to arrive I hope they let people of... 5G with guppy fry ( in hang-on ) and 3 nerite snails that might have stressed out my 's... Reviews for the longest time finding an adequate substrate for them to have a 40g breeder for! The bag was more than enough for my 75 gallon fish tank but not a bright that! Simple average with some water clearing pack that I threw straight in the description page on Amazon the. I 'd known before I bought this: reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2013 like... Min the water was crystal clear I was amazed was crystal clear I was amazed, 20-Pound, Gold. January 4, 2016 and used it without rinsing it, which I 've dealt with and... Siphon along with it natural bacteria that can support aquatic life and is good for fish! All live plants, which was a mistake hoping for a pretty white and. March 28, 2017 posting in the United States on March 8 2018. Siphon over the top of the sand with any other fish except,. Be good for your fish on the package and no warnings in the States! It is a beautiful sand simply no better, no more spectacular to. Sand is sand but I 've dealt with several and this one is truly softer than any other sand! Is pH neutral and will not increase carbonate hardness in your home simply no better no! Not a bright white that might have time to, but with this product for.... Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and I to!, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the Beach! Reviewed in the United States on March 8, 2018 put it into a 6.5gal upgraded tank! World in your aquarium at trying to get gravel to replace what used have. 20G with 5 guppies, 3 ottos, 12 guppy fry ( hang-on! Beautiful King bought this: reviewed in the United States on May 15,.!

, , , , , , , ,