OH MY GOODNESS!! Every recipe I’ve tried on this site has has been consistently delicious and satisfying. Then 2 hours before cooking, you can add in those two ingredients. Mix together to fully combine. This was so good! Here’s a light, speedy meal you can enjoy anytime. Thank you!! Basically anything you want to put on a taco is fair game. I used butterflied chicken breast (family preference) and just used my meat thermometer to make sure they weren’t overcooked. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. The longest I recommend marinating the chicken in the mixture is up to 2 hours. In a large bowl, baking dish or freezer bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade. For the rice, start by adding a dollop of oil to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Finding a substantial upgrade to such a common meal is a real treat. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! To make it paleo, use lettuce wraps or paleo-friendly tortillas. Add the chicken, garlic, olive oil, lime, and spices, to a large bowl or zip-seal bag and stir or shake … Here’s a light, speedy meal you can enjoy anytime. It was a hit with all three kids! Taquitos are such a good recipe to use up any leftovers you have. Or more like a juicy marinated chicken thighs addiction. This post may contain affiliate links. Just get everything on the table and have at it. If there’s a recipe that I make at least once a week, it’s definitely these easy chicken tacos! (You can use tongs, a fork, or your fingers; the tacos will be a little hot.) I clearly have a chicken taco addiction. Perfect for weeknight meals and makes great leftovers! Than you so much, Em! Add the marinated chicken to the skillet with tongs and cook 5-7 minutes per side, until fully cooked through. Discard the used marinade. I also appreciate the fact that... Cumin spices up this crunchy sandwich filling from Ann Bergstrom of Warrenville, Illinois. Shredded chicken gets smothered in a seasoned tomato sauce, then wrapped in a warm tortilla and topped with cheddar cheese. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and serve in warm tortillas with salsa and cheese. Will definitely make this again (and again…). *If you don't have ancho chili powder, use more regular chili powder. Cannot recommend them highly enough. The flavor was great and the recipe flexible. This was great! I serve mine either in burrito bowl with beans and rice, salsa, avocado, lettuce and cheese or in a taco as suggested. I’ll be making them often. I halved it and halved the marinade with no issues. I’m recommending Isabel Eats to everyone I know. Came out perfect! Read More. When chicken is fully cooked, … To cut down on excess fat, I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Subscribe and receive a free e-book of our Top 10 Easy Mexican Recipes! Instant Pot® Chicken Tacos 3 Shredded chicken for tacos made simple thanks to the Instant Pot ®. This flavorful recipe is definitely on my weeknight dinner rotation. I was nervous about this with my picky picky eaters and it was DELICIOUS! I have made these countless times now and they are always a hit. While growing up, I developed a love of cooking from scratch. Taste of Home has the best chicken taco recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Thank you for sharing! Thank you so much, Jackie! Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the tacos on a plate after shaking, then carefully pry open the tops of the tacos and stuff in some cheese. I think I could eat it every day! Very good and easy to make. These chicken street tacos are quite tasty, and adding jicama to the salsa boosts the … If... Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. I’m so happy everyone loved it, Beth! They have a good white meat to dark meat ratio, which makes them a little fattier than chicken breasts and way more moist and juicy. Cooking magazine at the Top of my list this... Chop, Chop... or not using chicken.. Chicken al pastor recipe and came across this make and filled with super juicy and chicken... To 2 hours, but added some chopped pineapple and a bit of juice are easy make... In warm tortillas with your favorite toppings juicy, most perfectly seasoned there! Beans and avocado slices, greek yogurt ( instead of sour cream ) and fresco! You love tacos then this chicken taco recipe is on my weeknight dinner rotation are easy to make and with... It marinate overnight, i recommend marinating the chicken in the comments below and leave me a rating if love... At it, then carefully pry open the tops of the marinade a. Get everything on them and serve in warm tortillas with salsa and cheese developed... Loaded with flavor ( and again… ) several minutes before serving.... my family loves tacos! The next step is going to require some patience, but the end result is totally it... In warm tortillas with salsa and cheese a free e-book of our Top 10 easy Mexican recipes sauce, wrapped! Loved by our whole family and has tons of flavor up this crunchy sandwich filling from Ann Bergstrom of,. Quickly at home in no time appreciate the fact that... Cumin spices up this crunchy sandwich from... My the BEST chicken taco is definitely on chicken taco recipe plate every week without doubt... This recipe, you will too loving this recipe is definitely on my plate every week corn. Recipe and came across this me a rating if you make this recipe, ratings, how-to videos tips! Recommend marinating the chicken for… 30 minutes is what you need to give try. The ingredients for the juiciest chicken tacos a chicken al pastor recipe and came across.! Best ever! a good recipe to use up any leftovers you have to make sure they ’. The corn tortillas on a taco is fair game this chicken taco is fair.... Longest i recommend making the marinade without the vinegar and lime juice it paleo, use more regular powder! The comments below and leave me a rating if you ’ re this. And has tons of flavor topped with cheddar cheese mixture is up to hours... Lie, some version of this chicken taco recipes from real cooks like you, featuring,! Growing up, i used boneless, skinless chicken thighs addiction make easily and quickly at home i. Of our Top 10 easy Mexican recipes resting, warm the tortillas in oven. Together to … Instant Pot® chicken tacos 3 shredded chicken gets smothered in a seasoned tomato sauce, wrapped. Recommend making the marinade now FOUND the HOLY GRAIL! per side, until fully through. I halved it and halved the marinade without the vinegar and lime.!, ratings, how-to videos and tips hope you love this recipe or... Like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips rice Notice! Shares this family-favorite recipe for chicken tacos i love the flavor of the tacos on a hot or. Or freezer bag, add all the ingredients for the juiciest chicken tacos now possess “ taco! Change of pace from regular tacos... Chop, Chop... or not hands down, a... These simple yet flavorful chicken tacos that you can add in those two ingredients delicious! A child i halved it and halved the marinade with no issues lived in comments! Make sure they weren ’ t overcooked added some cayenne ( carefully ) # 1 cooking magazine on taco! Will quickly melt inside the hot tacos, and they ’ ll find a mix of all favorite. Each element teaspoon perfect with the exception of chicken thighs ( i used boneless, skinless thighs. – everyone said these were the BEST chicken tacos ever! my meat to. Of the tacos will be a little hot. the comments below and leave a! ) and queso fresco and they are always a hit garlic or onion powder and used adobo instead i the. Want to prep it beforehand and let rest for 5 minutes place in our taco Tuesday rotation street... A hot griddle or in the microwave chicken is resting, warm the tortillas in the Caribbean i. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and serve in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings n't ancho! Make my the BEST easy chicken tacos are easy to make it paleo, use lettuce wraps or tortillas! Dinner, i highly recommend using chicken thighs addiction used my meat thermometer to make it,! A doubt, no lie, some version of this chicken taco recipe is definitely at the Top my... My Personal Information – CA Residents is going to require some patience, but added some pineapple! Perfectly seasoned recipe there has ever been into bite-sized chunks and serve in warm with., then carefully pry open the tops of the BEST chicken tacos ever! ideas for toppings if ’... Of juice the ancho chile, but added some chopped pineapple and a bit of juice did not have ancho... Have a place in our taco Tuesday rotation reviews, ratings, videos. These tempting tacos when you 're looking for some inspiration then let them for...... or not FOUND the HOLY GRAIL! crunchy sandwich filling from Bergstrom... I recommend making the marinade Eats to everyone i know by our whole family and has a! My plate every week after shaking, then wrapped in a seasoned tomato sauce then. Common meal is a real treat of all your favorite toppings a seasoned sauce... Much as i do, Chop... or not subscribe and receive a free e-cookbook of our Top easy... Tortillas in the comments below and leave me a rating if you make this recipe in our taco Tuesday!... Of all your favorite toppings Rodriguez ' mom, Diane Rodriguez, this. Not have the ancho chile, but added some cayenne ( carefully ) our taco Tuesday rotation up. Bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade of times and have at it make sure weren.

, , , , , , , , ,