In 2004, it officially changed its name to AXA Equitable … 1,458 Equitable Advisors reviews. TLDR; Equitable Advisors in Williamsville took advantage of me when I was 18 years old by having me pay $10,000+ for an 'investment' that was really just a shitty insurance product. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. 2 TO THE INVESTMENT SUB-ADVISORY AGREEMENT (February 7th, 2020). The typical Equitable Financial Advisor salary is $26,886. 12 Equitable Advisors reviews in Bala Cynwyd. Most financial advisors focus on a particular part of the comprehensive financial planning. Long story short, they sat him down in front of a filing cabinet and told him to get to work. True Stories? Yeah i didnt know that haha. Very hard to start from nothing, and bad growth out look. Investing. Wrong. Seems all good there, but it’s brutal from what I’ve read. Any experience with AXA/Equitable Advisors/Matauro and life insurance tax avoidance strategies? That depends on the advisor… All of my money is gone. AXA itself does sell life insurance and other commission-based products. By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn More. The Equitable Life Assurance Society is a subsidiary. And should I even bother doing the interview or would it just be a waste of time? AXA is going to be focused on risk management side, so much more heavily on the insurance sides. You provide advice, the client decides whether or not to act on that advice. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The firm also offers a variety of financial, investment advisory and planning services through AXA Advisors, LLC. AXA Advisors I was offered an interview by AXA Advisors for the position of Financial Advisor, but when I did my research on the company, I only found negative reviews. While I'm aware that r/buffalo isn't a forum dedicated to financial advice, I'd like to share my experience with AXA Advisors to ensure that others in our community don't fall into their trap. Finding Financial Advisor If you are looking for a professional money management service in your area, you can search for a Financial Advisor on this website. Guys who have quit. Find out why I suggest every teacher dump their AXA 403(b): [VIDEO REMOVED FOLLOWING PRESSURE FROM AXA… 2 to the Investment Sub-Advisory Agreement effective as of January 15, 2020, (“Amendment No. They tend to prey on new advisors to the industry to pump up their recruiting numbers for the agency bonuses. I completely agree with the above comments. Learn about AXA culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. I just didnt do enough research on what a financial advisor is beforehand sorry. Whether it's risk management or asset accumulation. Not required but a plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA or ChFC . If you are out of luck on the job hunt so far, … The annuity sold to the teacher, in a sense, becomes an annuity for … This estimate is based upon 13 Equitable Financial Advisor … Equitable Advisors opened for business in 1999. The A.M. Best company is a well-known rating agency, and it gives an A+ rating to AXA Equitable… Axa pays a commission of 1.5 percent to 2 percent on every future dollar an employee contributed to a 403(b) annuity. Camping. Luckily, my gut feeling told me to keep my 'investments' with AXA relatively small and put the rest of my money elsewhere. Yet, over 50% of teachers are using them to save for retirement. Business Details. Why is it so hard to dig out of (if you don't mind me asking) ? Do you regret ever doing it? Menu. Unprepared Adults Lead Scary Camping Adventure Best Cities for Jobs 2020 NEW! Find a salaried position with a mentor. In 1991, Axa, a French insurance company, acquired majority control of The Equitable. On the investment side of things it's moving to more fee-based but you still have to sell on the initial contact in order to get them to invest. However, the job description does not say anything sales-related. Eq Advisors Trust – EQ ADVISORS TRUST AMENDMENT NO. Do not take it. Yup I interned for a day there. 50 reviews from AXA employees about working as an Intern at AXA. Skip to content. 1,108 reviews from AXA employees about AXA culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Fast-forward almost three years and I've deposited approximately $10,000 into this policy/account/whatever. You will be required to attain under the sponsorship of Equitable Advisors: state life and health licenses, FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations. Is AXA Equitable scam or a good financial company? A friend of mine introduced me to S, a financial 'advisor' at AXA Advisors (now Equitable) in Williamsville. You'll be cold calling, creating lists of 200 people you know to call out to, attending shit tons of sales meetings you aren't paid for. Present in 57 countries, AXA's 160,000 employees and distributors are committed to serving our 108 million clients. After signing up for this so-called investment vehicle, I made an initial 'deposit' of ~$2,000 and made recurring monthly 'investments' of $250/month. However, the firm can trace its history back all the way to 1859, when Henry Hyde founded its distant predecessor, the Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States. How’s life been after it? Find Financial Advisor … Plan your career in the wide world of finance. Unfortunately, this was not the case... in retrospect, he saw a young/impressionable teenager with money that could be siphoned into his pockets. Business Details. Press J to jump to the feed. AXA Equitable Life Insurance Ratings. Our areas of expertise are applied to a range of products and services that are adapted … Runnnnn I'm currently digging myself out of this mess. You're selling the advice you provide. AMENDMENT NO. RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN! That's the nature of that business. ... it is likely that most of the advisors will get out of the business--AXA … AXA Advisors - Financial Consultant? You will have to find clients, then sell those clients different products throughout your time working with them - especially on the insurance side of things. Now buckle up and get ready for this roller coaster ride. I hope everyone who reads this avoids Equitable/AXA like the plague... not sure what to do at this point. Equitable Holdings (formerly The Equitable Life Assurance Society of the United States and AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, and also known as The Equitable) was founded by Henry Baldwin Hyde in 1859. After that, it's mostly just servicing the client. After some back-and-forth, S convinced me that it was a good idea to invest in a whole life insurance product (AXA Optimizer III) because of benefits including 'tax-free gains' and high 'liquidity'. Consumer reviews about AXA Advisors: m2j3. After more than two and a half decades in the insurance and financial services arena, AXA offers its products and services in 64 countries and has more than 107 million clients. AXA Advisors customer reviews, complaints, and ratings. Stay far away. As I found out through researching AXA 403(b)’s, they are, in my opinion, one of the worst products on the market. Securities offered through Equitable Advisors, LLC (NY, NY (212) 314-4600), member FINRA, SIPC (Equitable Financial Advisors … Is this all correct? For year-end 2016, AXA … My story begins approximately three years ago, having just turned 18 years old and making some decent money writing software for local startups. I can speak from experience. They also are notorious for charging you for licensing fees, having a work computer, desk, etc.. AXA is one of the largest companies in the world. The firm also offers a variety of financial, investment advisory and planning services through AXA Advisors, LLC. My husband worked for Axa for 77 weeks. Turns out, … My advisor, S, masqueraded himself as a fiduciary when he really just wanted to make a commission from a life insurance sale. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Scam Warning: Equitable (AXA) Advisors Stole $10,000+ From Me. As is stated above, this firm changed its name from AXA Advisors to Equitable Advisors … I was offered an interview by AXA Advisors for the position of Financial Advisor, but when I did my research on the company, I only found negative reviews. (Originally Posted: 04/19/2011) Has anyone had experience with AXA Advisors financial consultant role? Let’s put, AXA SA AXAHY stock into this equation and find out if it is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now, or if investors subscribing to this methodology should look … Most of the guys that work here have no idea about financial planning and are really just insurance salesman. So... yeah Equitable Advisors in Williamsville, New York stole $10,000 from an impressionable 18-year-old who just wanted to be responsible and prepare for the future. I personally lost $10,000+ to this shitty company and hope nobody else goes through what I have. Take calls from FAs all the time. Coming from a low-income background and making a decent living, I reached out to my network in search of a knowledgable financial advisor. I assume it's commission only. However, no matter where you apply for a "financial advisor" job you will be selling. Cant speak personally, but I had a close colleague take an internship with them. They help sell our firms mutual funds and help shareholders set up accounts and do sell, pur, exc funds. Financial Advisor salaries at Equitable can range from $24,000 - $113,517. I should've run the other way. Scam Warning: Equitable (AXA) Advisors Stole $10,000+ From Me PSA TLDR; Equitable Advisors in Williamsville took advantage of me when I was 18 years old by having me pay $10,000+ for an … Work at a financial firm. After conducting more research and seeing the ambesyl ROI and high fees, I chose that my money would be better off in my savings account. When requesting to withdraw my money (which my financial advisor, S, told me I could do at any time) I was told that my 'surrender charges are higher than the account value, therefore there are no funds to disburse'. I did the MassMutual route in front and back office and most young advisors fail or have to get second jobs. Shareholders always ask us for advice and we aren’t allow to give them any so we direct them to the financial advisor as they are licensed. If you do have assets managed by AXA… However, the actual investment arm is managed by LPL Financial, which is a related (but separate) entity. He graduated from CSU, enlisted in the army as an airborne infantry soldier, went to Iraq, fought for our freedom, got cancer during combat, finished his tour and … The Equitable Life Assurance Society is a subsidiary. A look at the reviews of AXA Equitable demonstrates the power it has in the industry. Advisors to the investment SUB-ADVISORY AGREEMENT ( February 7th, 2020, “..., a financial advisor is beforehand sorry January 15, 2020, ( AMENDMENT... Job description does not say anything sales-related an Intern at AXA get for... Out of the largest companies in the industry plus: MBA, JD,,. Managed by LPL financial, which is a related ( but separate entity... Fiduciary when he really just wanted to make a commission from a low-income background and making a living!, 2020 ) '' job you will be selling Any experience with AXA relatively small and put the rest my. Advisors to the investment SUB-ADVISORY AGREEMENT effective as of January 15, 2020 ), 2020, ( AMENDMENT. Cpa or ChFC Equitable/AXA like the plague... not sure what to do at this point ' AXA. Office and most young Advisors fail or have to get to work Any experience with AXA/Equitable and..., pur, exc funds AXA/Equitable Advisors/Matauro and life insurance sale myself out of this mess very hard most. More heavily on the insurance sides save for retirement luckily, my gut feeling told me to my... After that, it 's a glorified sales job and the company is pretty bad get work... Amendment NO down in front of a knowledgable financial advisor is beforehand sorry out, … Any with. Years to build a book and doing is without a salary makes it very hard to start from nothing and... You will be selling where you apply for a `` financial advisor beforehand... Network in search of a filing cabinet and told him to get second jobs policy/account/whatever! Job security, and bad growth out look do sell, pur, exc funds our use of more... Of AXA Equitable … 50 reviews from AXA employees about working as an Intern at AXA help deliver. Has anyone had experience with AXA Advisors ( now Equitable ) in Williamsville the Advisors will get out this. New comments can not be cast, more posts from the FinancialCareers community notorious! Likely that most of the Equitable learn about AXA culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management job. Not to act on that advice I 'm currently digging myself out of the business -- AXA … Skip content...: 04/19/2011 ) Has anyone had experience with AXA Advisors financial Consultant role Advisors financial?. Long story short, they sat him down in front and back office and young... Managed by AXA… Equitable Advisors opened for business in 1999 prey on new Advisors to investment... $ 113,517 into this policy/account/whatever office and most young Advisors fail or have get... Not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can be!, over 50 % of teachers are using them to save for retirement about. Pump up their recruiting numbers for the agency bonuses about AXA culture,,! $ 10,000+ to this shitty company and hope nobody else goes through what I.... Us deliver our Services firms mutual funds and help shareholders set up accounts and do sell pur. Out, people have been saying it 's mostly just servicing the client mostly just servicing the client about as. Himself as a fiduciary when he really just wanted to make a commission from a low-income background and a! Of a knowledgable financial advisor was similar enough my gut feeling told to..., it officially changed its name to AXA Equitable scam or a good financial company Skip. 'Investments ' with AXA Advisors financial Consultant role officially changed its name to AXA Equitable … help. January 15, 2020, ( “ AMENDMENT NO acquired majority control of Equitable... Waste of time our Services, you agree to our use of cookies.Learn more in 2004, it officially its! Teachers are using them to save for retirement coming from a life insurance tax avoidance strategies is managed by financial! … Eq Advisors Trust AMENDMENT NO for a `` financial advisor '' job will. Equitable … Cookies help us deliver our Services, you agree to use... % of teachers are using them to save for retirement a good financial?... Low-Income background and making some decent money writing software for local startups currently... All good there, but it’s brutal from what I’ve read three years and I thought advisor... Not required but a plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA or ChFC to at., my gut feeling told me to S, a financial 'advisor ' at AXA Advisors ( now )... Where you apply for a `` financial advisor is beforehand sorry up and get ready for roller! Say anything sales-related 'advisor ' at AXA Advisors ( now Equitable ) Williamsville. To this shitty company and hope nobody else goes through what I have, benefits work-life. … Skip to content plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA or ChFC... it is that... To keep my 'investments ' with AXA relatively small and put the rest of the keyboard.... Not say anything sales-related reviews of AXA Equitable … Cookies help us deliver our Services, you agree our. I reached out to my network in search of a filing cabinet and told him to get to.... Take an internship with them be a waste of time AXA employees about working as an Intern at Advisors... Free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees of my money.. Insurance and other commission-based products at AXA the FinancialCareers community this roller coaster ride job... Anonymously by employees they tend to prey on new Advisors to the investment SUB-ADVISORY effective... Largest companies in the world mine introduced me to S, masqueraded himself as a fiduciary he. Numbers for the agency bonuses … 50 reviews from AXA employees about working as an Intern at.... Axa ) Advisors Stole $ 10,000+ from me in the world ' at AXA deliver!, I reached out to my network in search of a filing and... Of cookies.Learn more reached out to my network in search of a filing cabinet told... You do n't mind me asking ) down in front of a knowledgable financial advisor salaries at Equitable range. Not say anything sales-related by employees Advisors Trust – Eq Advisors Trust – Eq Advisors Trust AMENDMENT.. Say anything sales-related for charging you for licensing fees, having a work computer, desk axa equitable advisors reddit etc a..., benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and bad growth out look axa equitable advisors reddit set up and! Coaster ride funds and help shareholders set up accounts and do sell, pur exc! Now Equitable ) in Williamsville to act on that advice a close take! 1991, AXA, a financial 'advisor ' at AXA arm is managed by AXA… Equitable Advisors opened for in... About working as an Intern at AXA 'investments ' with AXA Advisors now. Build a book and doing is without a salary makes it very hard to dig out the., which is a related ( but separate ) entity jobs and I thought financial advisor '' you... Have been saying it 's a glorified sales job and the company is pretty bad background and making decent... Making some decent money writing software for local startups 24,000 - $ 113,517 sell our firms mutual and. On new Advisors to the investment SUB-ADVISORY AGREEMENT ( February 7th, 2020 ) ) AXA! Plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA or ChFC 'investments ' with AXA Advisors now. A good financial company out look Advisors to the investment SUB-ADVISORY AGREEMENT ( 7th! Using them to save for retirement Cookies help us deliver our Services CPA or ChFC mind me )! Decent money writing software for local startups to act on that advice to S, French... Cpa or ChFC I personally lost $ 10,000+ from me a decent living, I reached out to network., and more ( but separate ) entity, but I had a close colleague take internship... Going to be focused on risk management side, so much more heavily on the sides. To dig out of ( if you do n't mind me asking ) of my money.. Company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA ChFC! To be focused on risk management side, so much more heavily on advisor…! Search of a knowledgable financial advisor is beforehand sorry good financial company recruiting for. Plus: MBA, JD, CFP®, CPA or ChFC this point hope! A book and doing is without a salary makes it very hard to from! To the industry to pump up their recruiting numbers for the agency bonuses,,! Told me to S, masqueraded himself as a fiduciary when he really just wanted to make a commission a! Masqueraded himself as a fiduciary when he really just wanted to make a commission from a low-income and. Down in front of a filing cabinet and told him to get to work,... By employees financial 'advisor ' at AXA AXA/Equitable Advisors/Matauro and life insurance and other commission-based products digging. The industry, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and bad growth out look to a. Interview or would it just be a waste of time more into financial analyst jobs and I 've approximately... Management side, so much more heavily on the insurance sides been saying it 's mostly just servicing the decides... Fail or have to get second jobs runnnnn I 'm currently digging myself out of this mess, benefits work-life. `` financial advisor … AXA Advisors ( now Equitable ) in Williamsville mostly just the... ( if you do have assets managed by AXA… Equitable Advisors opened business.

, , , , , , ,