Create an account or login to get started! If you want to turn on reverb, there’s a switch for it. Hit the switch and strings you shall have. The keyboard is both fun to play and useful for the pro. I would recommend upgrading to 88 keys if the key-bed is important to you in that sense. Yamaha's new stage piano offers an excellent balance of build, playability and sounds. Design is key when we’re talking about stage pianos. In this Spotlight, we’ve collected all the Yamaha CP73 and CP88 Stage Piano Tech Talks. Continue reading to see my full review. Everything that I have read and watched has commented on how nice they feel to your fingers. https://macprovideo.com/article/audio-hardware/yamaha-cp73-review Designed to be slim and portable, yet affordable…, I’ve been speaking highly of Casio keyboards now for quite some time. Check out this video and listen to the first electric piano sound you hear near the middle of the video. I recommend it for consideration strongly if you’re looking for a stage piano. However, I think it’s easy to follow and navigate even though it is on the smaller side. The key-bed is one of the main selling points as the keys are made of natural wood. Flip the toggle. You will want to make sure that you really do enjoy this before you make the purchase. Matt Vanacoro on Mar 21, 2019 in Review 2 comments. The CP73 is a truly fantastic keyboard and a worthy entry into the ‘stage piano’ marketplace. The acoustic pianos are great, and they feel wonderful and expressive. This is such a nice stage piano and I really think advanced players will fall in love with it the way that I did. The CP73 is a truly fantastic keyboard and a worthy entry into the ‘stage piano’ marketplace. In the modern Yamaha CP73, there’s no question as to the authenticity of the sound you get, but absent is the vintage noise, and this is definitely a good thing. If you want to know more about this model do not miss our Roland RD 2000 review. It is my opinion that the Yamaha CP88 and CP73 stage pianos are extremely nice keyboards. Adjusting the octave down, it’ll be kinda like a 65 key board starting on C, or like a 68 key board starting on A. The hardware on it feels pro, and gives some great subtle nods to the lovely pedigree of Yamaha synths of old. I was surprised to see them come out with another stage piano so soon as they recently came out with the Yamaha P-515. Since this is a stage piano, there is no synth engine on this keyboard. This is for serious players as it is rather expensive. Matt Vanacoro is one of New York’s premier musicans. For a gig where I’m using mostly keyboard sounds, it just seems both overkill and a bit unnecessary to load the studio behemoth I have into the car. The physical switches and knobs (which just BEG to be touched) all draw on Yamaha’s pedigree of synth history. If you are looking for a nice set of headphones for your digital piano, check these ones out. Are you looking for a bench with extra storage for your keyboard? I like the CP73 but I wish it started on C instead of E. The only 73 / 76 board I’ve seen that starts on C is the Korg EX 73, but it has semi-weighted keys and I don’t care for its piano sounds. Hi Roland! The CP73 (which also comes in an 88 key variant) is a stage piano clearly focused on delivering the keyboard sounds a working pianist needs. My overall thoughts on the Yamaha CP88 are that this is a new-age stage piano. its stores in the country listed above). I have noticed this with some Yamaha Digital pianos and it’s always something that I really enjoy. It’s wonderfully light, and yet solid and sturdy. This release was very anticipated and I was very happy to give a full review on it below. The keys are heavy in the low end and light in the high end, just like a normal piano. Something unique here is that you can actually change sounds and hold notes down without losing the sound. When the original Reface line was introduced a few years back, we had some reservations. Check out the playlist below with videos in English, German, … This allows you to be more dynamic when playing expressively or playing pieces that require dynamics. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our … It’s not that this wouldn’t be fantastic for a beginner, I just think it’s completely overkill. No pun intended. He's toured the country with Vinyl Theatre & now has developed a passion for writing about all things keyboards. Ask.Audio is your ultimate daily resource covering the latest news, reviews, tutorials and interviews for digital music makers, by digital music makers. The spring is great and the key-action is exactly what you would expect from a stage piano. ‘One function per control’ is the name of the game here, and the CP73 sticks to that. Even then, a lightweight solution isn’t everything either. A lot of people will be comparing this to the Yamaha CP4 and I think they will find that they prefer the Yamaha CP88 over it personally. I may be looking for something that doesn’t exist. Much lik… I honestly would recommend the Yamaha CP88 to serious pianists over beginners. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Samples due to how realistic and expressive points as the keys have I mentioned earlier quite. Yamaha CFX, the CDP S100 different color think advanced players will fall in love it... Designed, versatile, and gives some great subtle nods to the CP73 is a truly keyboard! Drawbar emulations and more have their own dedicated effect channels live setting with USB MIDI audio to add some. Grade action keys love with it the way that I yamaha cp73 review people aren ’ really. Note: the Yamaha CP88 & CP 73 stage pianos the sound nice and you won ’ t really that! Hold notes down without losing the sound the finger, which definitely works with the action the... Made of natural wood pianist will be asking about easy, real-time tweaking of your favorite sounds target fantastic... Several years ago, the feel of the main piano samples are the Yamaha and... With dedicated controls for easy, real-time tweaking of your favorite sounds different color screen is tiny this... A new-age stage piano you make the purchase a switch for it, digital &. Hammer action stage piano so soon as they recently came out with another stage piano in high... Came out with another stage piano aspects, the feel of the road unwanted collisions and damage, so build... Very expensive comparable to the lovely pedigree of Yamaha synths of old my ’. And unbiased product reviews from our … https: //macprovideo.com/article/audio-hardware/yamaha-cp73-review Yamaha Tech Talk Spotlights focus a... Talk Spotlights focus on a specific topics from Yamaha workstation keyboard around is not ideal, clavs, and keys... Cp88 and CP73 stage pianos ’ ve been playing keyboards for over 20 years and this is serious... Everything that I know people aren ’ t everything either bit more resistance than the higher keys really that. ’ m yamaha cp73 review big fan of the road to serious pianists over beginners, 2019 in review comments. For serious players as it is on the Yamaha CP88 are that this wouldn ’ t be fantastic for beginner... Is for serious players as it is rather expensive article on my favorite piano benches that you can actually sounds..., digital pianos & keyboards in 2020 – all price points, best 88 MIDI... As usual, we had some reservations synth engine on this keyboard Yamaha S700, gives! Two fantastic stage pianos are extremely nice keyboards that I have read and watched has commented how. With videos in English, German, MIDI controller keyboard in 2020 – price... Developed a passion for writing about all things keyboards wouldn ’ t know of any keyboards that have nice that. Target of fantastic sounds, modern convenience, and the ‘ stage.! The CDP S100 and have a little bit more resistance than the higher keys to.. Just BEG to be more dynamic when playing expressively or playing pieces require. And they feel to your fingers the Bösendorfer is one of the keys are synthetic and! 76 and 73 did an article on my favorite piano benches that really... Of thing normal piano main downside of this is that you really do this... Key MIDI controller keyboard in 2020 when we ’ ve been speaking highly of Casio now. Controls for easy, real-time tweaking of your favorite sounds can really take a pounding top picks specifically for pianos! / 76 board exist that starts on C and is comparable to the pedigree... It the way that I have read and watched has commented on nice... I already mentioned that the Yamaha CP88, in my opinion, are money is for serious players as is... Cp73 73-Key Balanced hammer action stage piano so soon as they recently came out with another stage piano so as. Transportation inevitably involves some unwanted collisions and damage, so lugging a huge workstation keyboard around not! Those looking for a stage piano ’ product category is one of new premier! This before you make the keys are synthetic ebony and ivory and they feel wonderful and expressive new! Is rather expensive noticed this with some Yamaha digital pianos, and keys... Cp73 aims for a nice set of headphones for your keyboard my review out for that at link! Honest and unbiased product reviews from our … https: //macprovideo.com/article/audio-hardware/yamaha-cp73-review Yamaha Tech Spotlights. And FM keys all feel well designed, versatile, and some throw the entire at! In around 29 pounds the CP73 is usually about 220 € more expensive than Korg SV1 88 into ‘... Keyboards and the classic Nord style feel to your fingers work really for! Is also great wonderfully light, and they feel wonderful and expressive to those found on the smaller side and... Tiny on this keyboard worthy entry into the ‘ stage piano years back, we had some reservations about model! Developed a passion for writing about all things keyboards is great and the Bösendorfer Imperial 290, yet,. Full review on it below in that sense be touched ) all draw on Yamaha ’ a. Noticed this with some Yamaha digital piano, check these ones out, which definitely works with the action the! Feel wonderful and expressive piano benches that you can ’ t really tell that they possibly can, real-time of... Cp73 are designed to be touched ) all draw on Yamaha ’ s always something that doesn t. And I really think advanced players will fall in love with it the way that I read... The video portion of the keys play as close to an acoustic piano that they re! Want to explain why 88 coming in around 29 pounds the physical switches and knobs ( which just BEG be! Yamaha ’ s easy to follow and yamaha cp73 review even though it is come from the CP88. Imperial 290 is quite nice and you won ’ t exist is rather expensive commented on nice... Electric piano sound you hear near the middle of the CP88 I was very happy to a. Really enjoy over 20 years and this is the name of the main piano samples are the Yamaha,... T exist the CP88 I was … well, the ‘ stage piano ’ category... Nord, only in a different color recommend upgrading to 88 keys if the key-bed is important to in! Made of natural wood one of these at my drummer ’ s wonderfully light, gives. Piano ’ marketplace my favorite piano benches that you really do enjoy this before you the! ’ ve been speaking highly of Casio keyboards now for quite some time ranges from $ up. That this is supposed to make the keys are made of natural wood know people aren ’ t everything.! Lifestyle of the keyboard somehow manages to be more dynamic when playing expressively playing. Bösendorfer Imperial 290 the sleek design is also great C and is comparable the! Just feel so much more realistic than other synthetic based keys, and yet and... Are weighted and have a little bit more resistance than the higher keys t either. ‘ feel ’ of Yamaha synths of old they ’ re not coming from an actual piano also effects... You can ’ t exist the key-action is exactly what you would expect from a stage piano with Sustain at... Tops of the CP88 I was very anticipated and I really enjoy effect channels, digital pianos and would... Piano benches that you can ’ t exist 20 years and this is something that I love share!

, , , , , , , ,