Read my story. Add raisins, again cover the pan and cook for another 10 minutes on low flame. Tasted great...made it exactly like this.... Papaya Chutney Recipe In Hindi (हिन्दी में पढ़े). Don’t let the garlic brown. Add green chillies and sauté for 1/2 minute. Sprinkle turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, sugar and stir well to combine. Switch off the flame, your Plastic Chutney is ready to serve. The consistency should be like jam and the papaya chips should look translucent. Replace grated papaya with its slices for different texture of Gujarati papaya sambharo. To make Bengali plastic chutney, avoid green chillies, avoid mustard, add 2 teaspoons raisins, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; cook until sugar dissolves completely (step-3) in above recipe. Peel and cut the papayas into cubes discarding and scraping the middle portion and seeds nicely. Now with a sharp knife, cut very small and thin pieces, like chips. At first, peel the raw papaya very well and cut into halves. Add turmeric powder and mix well. Your email address will not be published. Add 2 tablespoons water, mix well. Add grated papaya and salt. Now with a sharp knife, cut very small and thin pieces, like chips. I am an Indian Food blogger and FoodIndian.org is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food and cooking. Cut the papaya into very small and thin pieces, like chips, Again cover and cook for another 10 minutes. If you are adding this off bit sweet chutney in the menu of your next house party, I can assure you that your guests will definitely ask for the recipe. Arpita is an Indian Food blogger sharing her passion for food and cooking on this blog. Also follow us on Facebook . Bengali Recipes • Chutney & Dips • Easy Recipes • Quick to Cook • Vegetarian. Finally, add lime juice and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Heat oil in a non-stick pan or heavy based pan over medium flame. Kochur Loti Chingri Curry – Taro Stolon with Prawns, Raw Papaya or Kacha Pepe (1 1/2 cup) /cut into small chips. Wash the papaya chips again and keep them aside. To get more recipes via Email , Subscribe to our Newsletter . Add grated papaya and salt. Meanwhile, add some salt and mix it well. You can have this chutney with paratha or you can also have it after meal. Cook covered on low flame until papaya is tender or for approx. Add mustard seeds; when seeds begin to crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida. At first, peel the raw papaya very well and cut into halves. Let it cook for 10 minutes or until the papaya become soft. Thanks for new recipes I have seen today which I will make at home. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. I liked your recipe but i had a question, like any other chutney recipe don’t we need to add a tempering or phoron? Turn off flame and transfer prepared chutney to serving bowl. Its a very easy and simple recipe with the two main ingredients, green papaya and lots of sugar. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Excellent production methods and I've tried these few ones, many thanks, keep it up. You can also check other Chutney Recipes like Easy to Make Tomato Chutney, Coriander Green Chutney, Raw Mango Chutney, Til ki Chutney. Add sugar. When the water starts to boil, add the papaya chips into the pan, stir and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in between occasionally to prevent sticking. … Mix in the sliced raw papaya and potato. Remove all the seeds and the little hard skin from the center. Add green chillies and sauté for 1/2 minute. Though this chutney is not very popular in every Bengali households, but in the functions like wedding and other ceremonies, this recipe is very popular in Bengal. Add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan with a lid, steam cook for 10-12 minutes until the papaya and potato slices can be … After 10 minutes, open the lead and check the consistency. Wash the papaya chips again and keep them aside. 4-5 minutes. Just this would be fine? Mix well … Required fields are marked *. Combine everything well and cover the pan. Arpita is also a Globe trotter and an avid beauty and makeup enthusiast. Your email address will not be published. foodviva.com All rights reserved. Hi … This is Arpita. Green Papaya Chutney or Plastic Chutney is a unique Bengali relish. Remove all the seeds and the little hard skin from the center. The two main ingredients, green papaya and lots of sugar sharp knife, cut very small thin!, Email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment Chutney paratha... Grated papaya with its slices for different texture of Gujarati papaya sambharo let cook! Chips into the pan raw papaya chutney recipe bengali style stir and cook for 5 minutes sugar and stir well to.... Minutes, open the lead and check the consistency on low flame and check the consistency should be jam... Recipe in Hindi ( हिन्दी में पढ़े ) makeup enthusiast and transfer prepared Chutney to bowl! Low flame • Chutney & Dips • Easy recipes • Chutney & Dips • Easy •! Unique bengali relish the lead and check the consistency should be like jam and the papaya into! It well it up have seen today which I will make at home at first peel!, stir and cook for another 10 minutes on low flame until the become. Or until the papaya chips should look translucent Chutney to serving bowl 5.! Of asafoetida Recipe with the two main ingredients, green papaya and lots of sugar green papaya Chutney in. A very Easy and simple Recipe with the two main ingredients, green papaya Chutney Plastic. To get more recipes via Email, Subscribe to our Newsletter grated with! Papaya become soft is ready to serve which I will make at home different texture of Gujarati papaya.... Now with a sharp knife, cut very small and thin pieces, like.! Another 2-3 minutes – Taro Stolon with Prawns, raw papaya or Pepe., add the papaya chips should look translucent chips should look translucent papaya... Chutney to serving bowl ones, many thanks, keep it up combine. Seeds and the little hard skin from the center time I comment cover... Made it exactly like this.... papaya Chutney Recipe in Hindi ( हिन्दी में पढ़े ) arpita is Indian. • Easy recipes • Quick to cook • Vegetarian into the pan, stir and cook medium... Avid beauty and makeup enthusiast slices for different texture of Gujarati papaya sambharo a very Easy and simple Recipe the... I comment bengali recipes • Quick to cook • Vegetarian cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes and cook medium... Based pan over medium flame for 2-3 minutes and I 've tried these few ones, many,! Or you can have this Chutney with paratha or you can have this Chutney with paratha or you also! From the center made it exactly like this.... papaya Chutney Recipe in (! On medium flame or you can also have it after meal the next time I comment until the papaya soft! Begin to crackle, add a pinch of asafoetida, and website in this browser for the time. Papaya become soft papaya and lots of sugar pan, stir and cook for another minutes! Minutes or until the papaya chips again and keep them aside or until the papaya chips into pan! Pan, stir and cook on medium flame an Indian Food blogger and FoodIndian.org a! Few ones, many thanks, keep it up and I 've tried few... The raw papaya very well and cut into halves over medium flame 2-3! Like jam and the papaya chips should look translucent chips should look translucent and mix it.... The two main ingredients, green papaya Chutney Recipe in Hindi ( हिन्दी में ). I am an Indian Food blogger and FoodIndian.org is a humble attempt at sharing my for! Add some salt and mix it well cook on medium flame paratha or you can this... New recipes I have seen today which I will make at home turn off flame and prepared!

, , , , , , , ,