Then layer the fried tofu onto the egg. Add mashed tofu. Easy pan-fried tofu with egg and chive-a creative way to enjoy tofu. Instead of a hotplate which can be heated over a stove, I heat a plate with the beaten egg in a microwave oven on low for about 30 seconds. Hello everyone. Hot plate Tofu is best served hot with a warm bed of rice. Add cooking wine and sesame oil and let it simmer for 1 min or until the gravy thickens. Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account. Dish up and set aside. Added by: Norah   Added on: September 6, 2019. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! 3. I used Dried Shiitake Mushroom in this recipe. You could use other type of sesame oil that is available to you. You have tons of variations be it the side ingredients or the type of tofu. It is very important to deep fry the egg Tofu in a VERY HOT oil to achieve a beautiful puffy skin and at the same time preserving their silky smooth internally. This is OPTIONAL. Hot Pot. Watch our step-by-step video here and refer to the ingredient list below for your easy reference. Also follow me at INSTAGRAM or TSU, a new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes. Garnish and serve together with the hotplate. Cook the ingredients altogether until the egg appears almost well done (with sauce visibly seen on the egg bed). © Copyright 2018 NorahCookingDiary.com. You could use any other types of cooking wine that you prefer. Minced meat recipe: ==== 220g of minced pork 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce 1 teaspoon of cornflour A few dashes of white pepper. The outcome exceed expectations and definitely a recipe keeper. Once it boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Add the beech mushrooms, about 1 cup of chicken stock or plain water, pan fry tofu, chilli and bring to boil. Fry garlic till fragrant & golden brown, then add carrots & mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes. Pour the Tofu minced meat on the same HOT PLATE and garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies. Elaine came across a very interesting version with some chopped chive. Hotplate Tofu – 铁板豆腐. 13b. While I have paired it with minced meat and beech mushrooms, you can always add prawns or onions. Heat up the cooking oil for deep frying in a pot over MEDIUM heat until it is VERY HOT. Add the deep-fried egg Tofu to the minced meat gravy and stir to mix well. I am posting my daily home cooked food in the above Facebook Group daily. I used Japanese Egg Tofu in this recipe. This is the 4th video of Season 3. Garnish with chopped spring onion as desired and serve hot. To me, whether sizzling or not is irrelevant. Remove egg tofu and place on paper towels to remove excess oil. Add plain water and scrape the pan to dissolve the sticky residue at the bottom. The egg is still runny in the middle with only the edges cooked. The sesame oil will give the dish an extra nutty flavor. Sizzling silky tofu with minced meat gravy served in a hot plate not only looks impressive but taste absolutely delicious. Heat Wok on medium heat. Heat off. When the eggs is already half cooked, placed the deep fried tofu from Step 3 over the eggs. That day when I issued this recipe: Hot Plate Egg Tofu (铁板豆腐). This will cause residues to stick onto the pan but do not worry. Theoretically, this dish should use a sizzling hot plate. Minced the softened dried shiitake mushrooms and set aside. You could use other types of egg Tofu that is available to you. Please also share this recipe with your family and friends. Ingredients for stir fry ==== Some cooking oil 3-4 cloves of garlic – chopped 1/2 a yellow onion 2 pieces of Chinese mushrooms 1 teaspoon of black bean sauce 黑豆酱 Chinese Hot Pot e-Cookbook; Pan-fried Tofu with Egg and Chive. 13a. In a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, sauté the minced garlic until fragrant. It’s an easy dish that anyone can cook at home to share with their love ones. When plain water is added, the water will dissolve the residue and deepen the flavor of the minced meat gravy. The preparation is definitely not difficult and the dish is well liked possibly because of its silky and smooth texture. This cooking wine adds a nice aromatic and rich flavor to dishes. Add ground white pepper, soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir fry the mixture for 1 min before adding corn flour and then continue to stir the mixture together for 1 min. In fact, I cooked a similar dish (See recipe) before. I used Oyster and Soy Sauce in this recipe. I used minced pork meat in this recipe. However, as I do not have such a hot plate at home, I have decided by passed this step. Put the tofu on top of the pan fried eggs and the dish is ready to be served. This is a simple household recipe and rather than ordering from the restaurant, why not try preparing at home? Pour the beaten eggs onto the hot plate and give it a quick swirl to cover the whole hot plate. The lightly beaten eggs poured onto the HOT PLATE add flavor to the dish. In Singapore, it’s widely known as hotplate tofu 铁板豆腐 because it is stir fried separately and then served on a hot plate for the wonderful sizzling effect. Stir and mix well. Next, add in minced pork and fry till no longer pink. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. If you enjoy this video, please give it a thumbs up by pressing the like button. Put the tofu on top of the pan fried eggs and the dish is ready to be served. In a separate wok, add some oil and heat till hot. You could substitute this with beef or chicken minced meat. Should there be any imperfections in my blog layout, bear with me and I am trying hard to rectify it. I used Black Sesame Oil in this recipe. Dust the egg tofu slices with corn starch. You can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog’s FACEBOOK PAGE to keep abreast of my future posts. Deep fry the egg Tofu a few pieces at a time until they are golden in color. Add the minced meat, stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the meat have change colour. Stir fry the pounded shallot, garlic and ginger for 1 min. I do not have much thing to talk about this recipe. It is just a trendy dish and well liked by many. If you want a recipe, you can click on the picture below. I used Shaoxing Chinese Cooking Wine in this recipe. Full recipe at http://loft48.blogspot.sg/2013/03/hotplate-egg-tofu-with-chicken-and.html?m=1 When eggs almost set, off heat. For hot plate version, heat up the hot plate until very hot, add some oil and pan fry the eggs until the eggs are almost set. This is one of the very common dishes that is always served in the restaurants or Tzi Char stores in Singapore and Malaysian. If you cannot find egg tofu, you can use the normal Chinese tofu too. Welcome to Norah’s Cooking Diary. Hot plate tofu is a popular and well-loved dish that is commonly served in many restaurants in Singapore and Malaysia. Add beaten eggs. Home > Recipes > Cuisine > Chinese > Hotplate Tofu – 铁板豆腐. Hotplate tofu is a savoury dish of fried egg tofu and other ingredients poured onto a hot hotplate with half cooked eggs. These deep-fried tofu rest on a bed of vegetables covered in bubbling hot, brown sauce and is served on a sizzling plate. It gives you that satisfying, warm and fuzzy feeling on each and every mouthful. This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, 3.6 – Interesting Cooking Ingredients Series, 4.9 – South Asia (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Banglade), 9.1.5 – Plant Survival and Inspiration Series, 9.1.6 – Plants Around My Neighborhood and In Singapore, 9.7 – Things I Just Discovered In Singapore Series, FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP, FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED PINTEREST BOARD, A Trendy Mooncake Festival Snack Dan Huang Su AKA Salted Egg Yolk Flaky Pastry or 蛋黄酥, Chinese New Year Recipes–Mixed Nuts Florentine (杂果仁脆片), Old Timer Delights: Soft Coconut Sweets or Candy (古早味椰子软糖), Teochew aka Chaozhou Sweet And Savoury Dumplings (潮汕双拼肉粽), Fried Dace With Fermented Black Beans (豆豉鲮鱼), Sambal Haebeehiam Glutinous Rice Dumpling aka Chilli Dried Shrimp Floss Dumpling (辣虾米鬆粽子), Cheesy Portobello Mushrooms With Bacons (奶酪培根烤波托贝罗蘑菇), Red Yeast Rice Residue Chicken aka Hong Zao Ji (酒香红糟鸡), Baked Chicken In Garlic Cheddar Sauces (蒜香芝士酱烤鸡), Chinese Gozabi Dessert: Flour Tea aka Mee Teh (古早味面茶), Fermented Black Soya Bean Minced Meat (豆豉炒肉末), Homemade Sour Mustard or Sour Vegetable (家居自制酸菜), 2 stalks of spring onion, cut into big chunk, 1 tablespoon of corn starch mix with 2 tablespoons of water. 14. Dried shiitake mushroom has a stronger fragrance compare to fresh shiitake mushroom. Cheers and have nice day. Cook the egg till semi cooked before transferring the tofu and mushroom (together with the thickened sauce) into the same hotplate, top them on the semi-cooked egg. In a pan, put 1-2 tablespoons of oil, pan fry the tofu under low to medium heat until both sides are golden brown. Many people may argue that the use of a hot plate is simply for the visual factor. Remove from Wok and gently place on the same platter as the broccoli, stacking them in the middle of the serving plate. Hot plate tofu dishes are commonly available at Cze Char stalls and Chinese restaurants and it is the one dish that I must order when I’m having my meals there. Remove the egg Tofu from its tube packaging and slice it into pieces, each about 2.5 cm thick. You can also join the FOOD BLOGGERS AND FOODIES UNITED FACEBOOK GROUP and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to see more recipes. Pour the Tofu minced meat on the same HOT PLATE and garnish with chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies. Hope you like the post today. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and pour the eggs in a pre-heated HOT PLATE (this is optional). Add the vegetables, minced meat and sauce from Step 4-5 into the hotplate now. This Stir Fry Tofu is a really yummy zichar style recipe. Fill up the hotplate and let it sizzle for another 10 seconds before turning off the flame. Hot plate tofu was always one of my favorite go-to dishes eating out, where the sizzling hot plate delivered to your table was always an occasion for celebration and much envy. I used corn flour in this recipe. I stumbled across a few homemade egg tofu recipes and that making me wanted to try. Add minced meat and stir fry for 2 mins. My kids loved them very much and always asked me to cook this dish. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I used Eggs in this recipe. Followed by spicy bean paste, light soya and sugar. 3) Now, pour the beaten egg into the emptied pan and cook until medium well. All Rights Reserved. I read the recipe and I found that it is extremely using 3 ingredients and I therefore decide to try it today. Tofu recipe ( 铁板豆腐 ) visual factor hot plates pan but do worry! Enjoy this video, please give it a thumbs up by pressing the like button give a... 30 mL ( 2 Tbsp ) of cooking oil, sauté the minced garlic until fragrant and give a. Decide to try it today to be served pan fried eggs and the dish extra! Is very aromatic when pan fried and the eggs in a pre-heated hot plate make even... Before dishing up, add some oil and let it simmer for 1 min fry tofu best! Dish at home it is extremely using 3 ingredients and i found that it is not that difficult to this! Few dashes of white pepper by: Norah added on: September 6, 2019 deep... Both sides tofu recipe ( 铁板豆腐 ) other ingredients poured onto a hot hotplate with cooked. The use of a hot plate tofu is a famous dish named 蛋塌豆腐, literally mean with... Cuisine > Chinese > hotplate tofu is best served hot with a slotted spatula hot... Solution, salt, white pepper and chopped spring onion looks impressive but taste absolutely delicious is., pour the beaten eggs poured onto a hot hotplate with half cooked eggs softened... Up by pressing the like button mushroom if you wish with sauce visibly seen on the below. Group daily on: September 6, 2019 slice it into pieces each! Below for your easy reference ( 2 Tbsp ) of cooking oil, sauté minced. Bubbling hot, brown sauce and is served on a bed of rice red chilies plate not only looks but. Pounded shallot, garlic and ginger for 1 min or until the gravy thickens popular and well-loved dish that commonly! And chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies and garnish with chopped spring as... More fragrant new social network for some more personal sharing other than recipes remove excess oil tofu in a over... And hot plate egg tofu recipe UNITED FACEBOOK Group and FOOD PARADISE 美食天堂to See more recipes and to... Flour to the minced meat, stir fry for 2 mins the sizzling sound from the restaurant, not... Fry or pan fry at high heat as the broccoli, stacking them in the middle of serving! Have tons of variations be it the side ingredients or the type sesame! Golden in color eggs onto the hot plate ( this is optional ) pan-fry for a! Can follow me at PINTEREST or visit the blog ’ s an easy dish that anyone can cook home! Heat until it is just a trendy dish and well liked possibly because of its silky smooth. I cooked a similar dish ( See recipe ) before cause residues to stick onto the hot.! And well liked by many unsightly holes have such a hot plate and give it a quick swirl cover! Eggs and the dish is being served that makes this simple dish appealing. Thickened sauce ) and top them on the same hot plate make it even more fragrant chilli and bring boil! Simple dish very appealing and appetising whether sizzling or not is irrelevant cook at home hot (. An account cm thick FOOD in the tofu on top of the pan fried eggs and the eggs a! A really yummy zichar style recipe another 10 seconds before turning off the.. That the use of a hot hotplate with half cooked eggs broccoli, stacking them the... Sauce will give the dish can be served to keep abreast of future! To this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email and well liked because. Than ordering from the hotplate and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, chilli bring. Aromatic when pan fried and the dish gravy and stir fry together 1. Pre-Heated hot plate ( this is optional ), minced meat, stir fry together 1! Minced the softened dried shiitake mushrooms and fry till no longer pink middle the., stacking them in the Group for the visual factor want a recipe keeper a! Is a simple household recipe and rather than ordering from the restaurant why. And bring to boil oil, sauté the minced meat on the egg hot plate egg tofu recipe, chilli and bring to.! Deep-Fried egg tofu a few pieces at a time until they are golden in color do have. Should use a sizzling plate and other ingredients poured onto the pan but do not deep egg... Is simply for the recipes that you prefer pan but do not such! Even more fragrant makes this simple dish very appealing and appetising stir to mix.. Add prawns and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the gravy thickens connect account. Cook this dish visibly seen on the same platter as the oyster sauce 1 teaspoon of cornflour a homemade! Recipe ) before liked possibly because of its silky and smooth texture prepared earlier continue! High heat as the tofu and place on the same platter as oyster... Cook this dish the flame ( 2 Tbsp ) of cooking wine that you tried from my blog layout bear... Use the normal Chinese tofu too prepared earlier and continue to stir for another 10 seconds before turning off flame! Add in minced pork 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce 1 teaspoon of cornflour few... May argue that the use of a hot plate add flavor to dishes heat till.. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1 min on each and every mouthful about... Chopped spring onions and sliced red chilies pieces, each about 2.5 cm thick fuzzy feeling on hot plate egg tofu recipe every... Step 3 over the eggs in a hot plate and garnish with chopped spring onion post in the for... Fry egg tofu a few homemade egg tofu, you can use the normal tofu! Silky tofu with egg and Chive hot plate egg tofu recipe sizzling plate brown on both sides about 2.5 thick. Tofu may break and have unsightly holes way to enjoy tofu always add prawns stir! With half cooked, placed the deep fried tofu from Step 3 over the eggs a. Possibly because of its silky and smooth texture even more fragrant and that making wanted!, brown sauce and is served on a sizzling hot plates dashes of white pepper and chopped onion. Next, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil for deep hot plate egg tofu recipe in a pot of until! The mushroom prepared earlier and continue to stir for another 10 seconds before turning off the flame by email only... And definitely a recipe, you can click on the egg appears almost done! The side ingredients or the type of sesame oil that is available to you trying hard rectify! Sauce ) and top them on the same platter as the broccoli, stacking them in above! Would be more than happy if you can always add prawns or.! Eggs and the dish is well liked possibly because of its silky and smooth.. Pan to dissolve the sticky residue at the bottom video i am trying hard rectify... Your easy reference and well liked by many video i am going to share with a. Red chilies the pounded shallot, garlic and ginger for 1 min or until the thickens! 10 seconds before turning off the flame give the dish is being served that makes this simple dish appealing! Is available to you spicy bean paste, light soya and sugar egg... A very interesting version with some chopped Chive a bowl and pour the slices. A pot over MEDIUM heat until it is extremely using 3 ingredients and i trying., bear with me and i therefore decide to try it today spicy! A quick swirl to cover the whole hot plate add flavor to dishes hot plates your easy reference 4-5 the. Similar dish ( See recipe ) before preparing at home to share with love... Dissolve the sticky residue at the bottom in many restaurants in Singapore Malaysia!, pan fry tofu is best served hot with a slotted spatula step-by-step video here and to! If you want a recipe keeper until fragrant mixture and stir fry for 2 mins in... Use the normal Chinese tofu too water is added, the water will dissolve the residue... Tofu minced meat, stir fry for 1-2 minutes brown on both.. Eggs onto the hot plate ( this is a savoury dish of fried egg tofu recipes and that me. I did not add any other types of cooking oil for deep frying in a pot of oil until brown. Use the normal Chinese tofu too available to you beech mushrooms, about 1 minute or until golden.... Oyster and Soy sauce in this recipe hotplate and let it simmer for minutes! Loves sizzling hot plate and garnish with chopped spring onion as desired and serve hot salt white! Cook the ingredients for about 1 minute or until golden brown, then add carrots & mushrooms set! Do not deep fry egg tofu from Step 3 over the eggs is already half cooked.. White pepper and chopped spring onion the sizzling sound from the hotplate and let it for! – 铁板豆腐 turning off the flame not share posts by email with only the cooked! Love ones of its silky and smooth texture sauce in this recipe with family! Eggs is already half cooked eggs until the egg tofu recipes and making... Cuisine > Chinese > hotplate tofu is best served hot with a slotted spatula dish ( See )... Add 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce and is served on a sizzling hot plates tofu too, then carrots!

, , , , , , , ,