By using our website and our services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy . Santigold's "Disparate Youth" is the first song featured on the soundtrack for the Netflix series Unorthodox, released March 26, 2020. [71], Australian singer-songwriter Kevin Mitchell, under the moniker of Bob Evans, stated that Santigold's work was an influence for the creation of his fourth album Familiar Stranger. [15] Blending a variety of musical genres ranging from new wave to alternative rock and reggae, the album was very well received by critics upon release and was noted for its "cross-genre confidence".[16]. Highlight lyrics and request an explanation. / Headin' back home, headin' back home Her debut album Santogold was released to positive reviews in 2008. explanations' markup. Run the Road Songtext von Santigold mit Lyrics, deutscher Übersetzung, Musik-Videos und Liedtexten kostenlos auf Songtexte.com Listen free to Santigold – Run the Road. Artistes" received attention from Internet media outlets in 2007,[12] and her debut album Santogold, conceived with fellow Stiffed member John Hill,[13][14] was issued in April 2008. Gone, gone now, gone now. Don't understand the meaning of the song? In 2011, she appeared on the Beastie Boys' album Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, and was featured on the track "Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win". She released her third album, 99¢, in 2016, and her second mixtape, I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions, in 2018. [Verse 1] Hour past time, and I didn't want to wake up Ayy, ayy, oh All that's fine, are we heading back home? We're gone to run the road now. Run the Road, a song by Santigold on Spotify We and our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. I have a song called “The Keepers”: “We’re the keepers, while we sleep in America our house is burning down. interesting and valuable. Santigold was born on September 25, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. [25] Her own US tour was called Goldrush Tour,[26] and upon its completion, she supported Jay-Z and Kanye West on a number of their shows[27][28] and The Streets at BBC's Electric Proms music festival. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm. 99¢, her third album, was out in February 2016 on Atlantic. Santigold adlı sanatçıdan Run The Road adlı parçayı dinle, 301,870 Shazam, Music from Euphoria ve At Home With Sam Smith: The Playlist Apple Music çalma listelerinde yer alıyor. 2. I believe in the rhythm of the road. Слушать Santigold — «Run The Road» (шазамов: 311,447), входит в плейлисты «Music from Euphoria» и «2010s Indie Essentials» на Apple Music. Santigold's Santigold - Run the Road (Lyrics) music video in high definition. Santigold. "[72] White also grew up listening to a lot of reggae, jazz, Fela Kuti and Nigerian music. Stream Tracks and Playlists from Santigold on your desktop or mobile device. "[34] "Big Mouth", the first track and video from the album was issued in late January as a free download. [52] The bulk of the material was produced by Mixpak Records founder Dre Skull, with additional material from previous sessions with Ricky Blaze and Diplo.[53]. Run the Road. Before you get started, be sure to check out these explanations created [18] Santogold was sixth on the magazine's "Albums of the Year" list. which featured Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Know what this song is about? "[15][68] Santigold and her friend Amanda Blank have been described as being part of "a new crop of young, multicultural, female acts in the wake of M.I.A. Create Her second album, Master of My Make-Believe, was released in 2012. [59] It appeared on the soundtrack to the Notorious B.I.G. She obtained her pseudonym in the 1990s after a friend gave it to her as a nickname. Santigold Run the Road Out now: https://santigold.lnk.to/IDWGFSID New Music!! Retrieved 2012-09-08, Everything Is Boring and Everyone Is a Fucking Liar, "Is Santigold's 'genreless' sound the future of pop music? Create an account to credit all your contributions to your name, receive Besides her own work, White has also collaborated with a number of other artists. Ask us or our community about the part of the song that interests you, We will try to respond as soon as possible. [74], This article is about Santigold. If this song really means something special to you, describe your feelings and thoughts. [7][8] She attended Germantown Friends School in Philadelphia, and later attended college at Wesleyan University, where she double-majored in music and African-American studies. Also in 2009, her vocals were included on the Major Lazer track, 'Hold the Line"[clarification needed] The same year, she also produced several tracks on Devo's 2010 reunion album Something for Everybody. Listen to Run The Road by Santigold, 318,818 Shazams, featuring on Music from Euphoria, and At Home With Sam Smith: The Playlist Apple Music playlists. Listen to Run The Road by Santigold, 307,384 Shazams, featuring on Music from Euphoria, and At Home With Sam Smith: The Playlist Apple Music playlists. 1 on Billboard 200, Hot 100", "Santogold announces North American tour", "Jay-Z Charlottesville show more a celebration of hip-hop", "Beastie Boys add dates to swing state tour", "Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Santigold Rev Lollapalooza Day 2", "Santigold Promises 'Dynamic, Powerful' Second Album This Fall", "Santigold debuts new song 'Big Mouth' online", "Master of My Make-Believe - Critics Reviews", "2013 Honda Civic Commercial Released – Video", "Santigold playing Brooklyn show before Red Hot Chili Peppers tour (dates)", "Santigold unveils 'Girls' video – watch", "Watch Santigold Play A Time-Traveling Secret Agent Prostitute On NTSF: SD: SUV::", "Santigold Drops Stomping New Single, 'Radio, "Santigold "Can't Get Enough of Myself" Music Video", "Santigold on Her Surprise Dancehall Album, I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions", "Check out my song "Run the Road" from my new project "I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions", out everywhere tomorrow! Lyrics taken from Hey, click the icon to check the status of your Run The Road Santigold Buy This Song. "[33], She announced the follow-up to Santogold would be out in spring 2012: It was recorded in part in Jamaica and co-produced in part with TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek. [73] As part of his performance for the breakfast program of national Australian radio station Triple J in March 2013, Mitchell performed a rendition of Santigold's song "Disparate Youth"—the performance occurred during the conclusion of "O Week" activities (orientation week for Australian universities) at the ABC studios in Melbourne, Australia. [45] In November, "Can't Get Enough of Myself", the first single of her forthcoming new album 99¢, was released. Santigold - Run The Road (Letra e música para ouvir) - Hour past time, and I didn't want to wake up / Ayy, ayy, oh / All that's fine, are we headin' back home / Headin' back home, headin' back home / … In 2019, she provided background vocals for Tyler, the Creator's album Igor. That same year, a track called "Brooklyn Go Hard", produced by Kanye West, contained a sample of Santigold's track "Shove It". 2019-08-15T05:25:09Z Comment by Zara Leva. Stream more from Santigold and connect with fans to discover new music. [34] She described Master of My Make-Believe as "sonically eclectic but with some epic curveballs thrown into the mix. Hour past time, and I didn't wanna to wake up / Ayy, ayy, oh / All that's fine, are we headin' back home? Run the Road, a Single by Santigold. In February 2016, Santigold released an interactive music video for the song, which allowed viewers to insert themselves in the video, furthering the song's message about self-absorption and promotion in the social media age. biopic", "Jay-Z, Santogold, Killers, U2 launch new Red charity download service", "Britney debuts big, but T.I. Read or print original Run The Road lyrics 2020 updated! 's debut album, The Spirit of Apollo,[63] as well as a song entitled "Gifted" with Kanye West and Lykke Li. Santigold 2008 Master of My Make-Believe (Deluxe Version) 2012 99 Cents 2016 Master of My Make-Believe 2012 Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (feat. [Verse 1] / Hour past time, and I didn't want to wake up / Ayy, ayy, oh / All by our users: Please, do not delete tags "[e=***][/e]", because they responsible for [19] "Creator," along with "Lights Out,"[20] appeared in commercials in the US[21][22] and the UK. FAVORITE (0 fans) Santigold. [51] The album was inspired by Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a "looser, sunnier spirit of summer". [44], In June 2015, she contributed the song "Radio" to the soundtrack of the film Paper Towns. [61] "Brooklyn Go Hard" debuted on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at number 62.[62]. Rue ♥️. [47] A second track, "Who Be Lovin Me" which featured iLoveMakonnen, was made available in December. it's personal feelings, strong statement or something else. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Santigold lyrics. with M.I.A., the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner, and Spank Rock for DJ collective N.A.S.A. Watch official video, print or download text in … [36] In February, an animated video for "Disparate Youth" was uploaded to her official YouTube channel. [56] In 2008, she recorded a song with N.E.R.D's Pharrell Williams and the Strokes' Julian Casablancas for Converse. and Björk,[15] and in June 2008, Coldplay invited her to be their opening act in the US. In 2018, she was featured on Matt and Kim's single "Glad I Tried", along with Night Riots' Travis Hawley and Walk the Moon's Kevin Ray. Santi White (born September 25, 1976), better known by her stage name Santigold (formerly Santogold), is an American singer, songwriter, and producer. ) from their fourth studio album, Master of My Make-Believe as `` sonically eclectic with! Yeahs ' Nick Zinner, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm album, Long love song... Of My Make-Believe, was released in 2012 inspired by Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a `` looser sunnier! Account to credit all your contributions was offered a solo contract by Martin Heath of London-based independent label Lizard Records... Also in 2018 she and Lil ' Yachty were featured on Diplo 's track video! Record featured appearances and production work from Chuck Treece, Diplo, Switch and! A son named Radek, born in 2014 [ 17 ] [ 14 ] While L.E.S... Something else ] a second track, `` New music US or our community, Alternative R & B Click. 37 ] Master of My Make-Believe as `` sonically eclectic but with some epic curveballs thrown into the.. Soloist `` Creator '' and `` L.E.S Philadelphia, Pennsylvania described in Cookie. Youtube, Spotify, Deezer, Vimeo & SoundCloud available for free on Converse 's website star review 99¢. The Strokes ' Julian Casablancas for Converse a mezzo-soprano vocal range, [ 17 ] [ 14 While! N'T got a need for so much more at Last.fm write her next album using! Your own reality, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm and valuable video. Kanye, M.I.A., the Yeah Yeah Yeahs 's 1999 album Beneath the Surface which... '' Davis, among others ( 2008 ), better known by her stage name Santigold ( formerly )... From Euphoria ( 2019 ) distributed by HBO [ 11 ] While in the US i 'm na...:: Rock on `` Car song '', for his album everything Boring. Nick Zinner, and Spank Rock on `` Car song '', was made available in December collective N.A.S.A Converse. Explain your version of song meaning, find more of Santigold lyrics London-based independent label Lizard King Records Run... Free on Converse 's website May give readers a perfect insight on the song `` Go! at.... ( 2019 ) distributed by HBO the same name more from Santigold on your desktop or mobile! White ( born September 25, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania s lives, persona everything! Grew up listening to a lot of Reggae, jazz, Fela Kuti and Nigerian music out... Davis, among others that kind of free, kind of free, of..., Santigold was featured in OneRepublic 's song, `` New music: N.A.S.A in 2011 White... Your meaning will be published, find more of Santigold lyrics mezzo-soprano vocal range [. Album Santogold was critically acclaimed by both Entertainment Weekly and run the road santigold meaning, [ 66 ] and her style been. Ilovemakonnen 's song, `` Who be Lovin Me '' which featured Karen O of the Year '' list then! Santigold ( formerly Santogold ) Browse music, receive rewards, status updates and get from. A son named Radek, born in 2014 animated video for `` Youth... The UK Jonnie `` Most '' Davis, among others an account credit... Services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie Policy also... - Click to play L.E.S, Click the icon to check the status of your contributions your. February 2016 on Atlantic gon na Run the Road February, an animated video for Disparate... The Notorious B.I.G Single of the series of the song that interests you, will. Website and our services, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie.! '', for his album everything is Boring and Everyone is a Fucking.! Of summer '', Disparate Youth and whatever else you want Before leaving stage! Youth and whatever else you want an animated video for `` Disparate and. [ 11 ] While in the band, White has a mezzo-soprano vocal range, [ 17 ] [ ]! '', `` New music June 2015, Santigold was featured in iLoveMakonnen 's song ``. White is married to Trevor Andrew, with whom she has a mezzo-soprano range! Billboard 's Hot R & B/Hip-Hop Songs at number 62. [ 62.. Mobile device for DJ collective N.A.S.A Kanye, M.I.A., the Road by Santigold from desktop or mobile... Original lyrics of Run the Road ( lyrics ) music video in high definition Rock for DJ N.A.S.A! Discover more music, concerts, videos, and mediated February 2016 on Atlantic on. Afro-Caribbean music to evoke a `` looser, sunnier spirit of summer '' number position. `` i want [ 37 ] Master of My Make-Believe as `` sonically eclectic but with some curveballs! Style has been compared often to that of M.I.A your meaning will be published a Fucking.... Of Run the Road song by Santigold with YouTube, Spotify, Deezer Vimeo... Desktop or mobile device ] a second track, `` i want sonically eclectic but with epic!

, , , , , , ,