It's pricey, sure — but it also works better than anything I've ever tried. I saw no evidence of toning. Alcohol Denat. Also I'm not a fan of Paul Mitchell' product scents. But the best part is, this sophisticated formula uses mostly natural ingredients and is free of sulfates, which means it's safe to use on chemical- or keratin-treated hair. Koyanagi also recommends Oribe's purple shampoo as "a posher recommendation for those who won’t consider Clairol." It did nothing to my brassy roots but burn my scalp and dry out my hair HORRIBLY. Violet 2), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool. In addition to a host of botanical-sourced extracts, this shampoo contains a blend of oils (like olive, jojoba, baobab seed, and mirabelle plum), as well as shea butter to moisturize and soften hair. If there is a mistake, at least it will wash out in a shampoo or two. I don't know why but after about 4 uses of this spray, it started burning my scalp and now my skin is peeling and flaky around my hairline. I actually found this to be a good thing, because it turns out, allowing your hair to become slightly violet preserves that silver-white effect for longer. lairol Professional Radiance Color Gloss - 10N - Lightest … My Paul Mitchell stylist was so excited for me to try this toning spray on my high lift blonde because although some purple shampoos are successful at toning (Joyce color endure violet and Fudge were the best at actually cancelling out brass) they are so very drying on my hair that even after a few uses I have fragile, breaking "straw". I use purple shampoo and conditioner yet I feel I still need a little something to tone my highlights. Victoria, daughter of stylist from Ozarks MO. Would not recommend unless you enjoy spending money on products that don't work. Apply this spray once between hair washes and you'll start to see results between the third and fifth time you use it. Stylist Tip: Darker hair colors with highlights or balayage can benefit from Platinum Blonde products as well. This toning spray has shimmery, violet-tinted pigments to help cool brassy tones in natural blonde and color-treated hair while conditioning … Are you kidding me? Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Toning Spray 3. For what it's worth, I used this toner at home when I had silver-blonde hair, and it worked out fabulously. I have well water so keeping my hair a platinum blonde has been a struggle for my stylist and I. The Best Semi-Permanent Gloss For Shine. The Shimmer Lights formula works to brighten fading highlights and reduce brassy or yellow undertones in just one wash. the only purple ingredient in it is so far down the list, it's right before parfums. This mask is a MUST for platinum hair … This spray combined with the shampoo and conditioner is a lifesaver. Those who fondly remember John Frieda's Lemon Lights gel will be seriously impressed with this new-and-improved take on the lightening product, which takes your existing blond to more sun-kissed heights with just a few spritzes. "At home toning is a scary business," Koyanagi warns. According to Koyanagi, "Those who would like a cooler [color] should look for [a product with] violet tones to eliminate or control gold or brassy tones. Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo 1. Christophe Robin, a luxury hair stylist from France, only uses the finest natural ingredients in his formulas. "The person who is toning has to make sure that the color they are trying to achieve is actually what the product will deliver. Or, you can simply read ahead to discover Koyanagi's picks — and a few by longtime bleacher, yours truly — for the best toning products for blondes. Because of this, Koyanagi recommends using shampoos or conditioners to tone your hair at home. All I noticed after using this was dry and crunchy hair. Also, the deep purple color can stain your shower curtain, so be careful with application. Also, if you've had a smoothing treatment done (like a keratin treatment or Brazilian Blowout), you should steer clear of sulfates. It does have a strong odor similar to alcohol, as others have said. But even when taking all of these precautions into consideration, you still have to be careful. Not sure if this is some kind of a joke, but the product didn't have any impact (toning or softening) on my hair whatsoever, besides leaving glitter everywhere. Elite Daily may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was created independently from Elite Daily's editorial and sales departments. Follow with purple conditioner to hydrate hair and intensify shine. I just started using this product and I love it. This one contains buriti oil, almond oil, shea butter, iris florentina extract, and silk proteins, all of which are rich in vitamins and antioxidants to leave your bleached hair hydrated and soft — and it doesn't contain any sulfates, parabens, phthalates, silicones, oxidants, or ammonia. Fragrance: Refreshing cucumber melon scent with soft underlying notes of violet and water flower. Smells like straight alcohol; it's nauseating. The next time I use the spray toner, I'll use a lot and see if it addresses the dryness issue. I would recommend it to a friend since I like it and don't seem to have ant cons about it. this product was total garbage. For years, I had silver-white hair. there's about 5 different kinds of alcohol in it and none are fatty alcohols which are good for your hair. I am currently trying the Eva nyc leave-in toning foam as my quest for a non-drying toner continues. Shipping Restrictions : This item cannot be shipped via air. However you can't really see it when hair is dry. The smell of the product alone should've deterred me. It is, however, dry as a bone. Unfortunately, this is not it. Only fair. I used it once last night and my hair feels so dry, not to mention that there's literal purple glitters mixed into (which is what I think is suppose to not make your hair brassy?). My hair isn't brassy at all. And it does a fair job at toning down the brass. Buy on Amazon. Best Permanent Color: Wella ColorCharm Permanent Liquid Hair Toner. It does keep some business at bay but I dont know if it is the toning spray or the conditioner (same brand & system) that is leaving a residue in my hair but I feel that the toning spray just adds to what the conditioner leaves behind..plus it dries out your hair. It is a great quality product. They're also quite [an easy way] for someone to refresh their hair in between services." This toner smells like alcohol is a prominent ingredient and it was not in any way moisturizing. Hair Type: Ideal for Color-Treated Hair. Yes, it smells strong when you first spray it, and yes, my hair damages easily and breaks all the time. 10N is best-suited for very light blonde hair, but you can also buy versions for dark blondes, ash blondes, golden-beige blondes, and more. However, it does contain sulfates, which can suck moisture from the hair, making it feel drier. Of course, you can leave it on less long — the brand recommends anywhere from between five and 30 minutes. The scent isn't bad and it does an okay job at toning the brass of my bleached baby lights hair. will be returning tomorrow. It contains ingredients like cocoa butter, coconut oil, and glycerin to hydrate and soften damaged hair, as well as a dual-violent brightening system to eliminate brassy and yellow undertones. BUT it does take the brassiness out of my ash blonde hair and makes its toned and shiny - I love it! Shake well. They're "much easier to use, practically fool-proof. But that's not all: It also comes with the brand's leave-in treatment mist, which further brightens, detangles, and enhances blonde hair. Just make sure you mix it with a developer, so it, you know, works. Meanwhile, "Strawberry blondes should look for an ultra-light copper. This purple toning spray is a must have if you’re a dyed blonde trying to keep the brass away. I love this product. There are tons of different toning products out there, each one individual to a specific shade of blonde — so you really need to do your research before investing in one. I hate glitter. I use it every day on towel dried hair and I love it. Was super excited to use this since I've always loved Paul Mitchell products- i've used this, along with the matching shampoo, and have had zero change in my hair. Alcohols which are good for your hair an `` amazing condition. melon! A prominent ingredient and it worked out fabulously amazing condition. and,... If it addresses the dryness issue noticed the smell did go away shortly after spraying on. In just one wash in the DIY Color department, go ahead and for..., yellow undertones in just one wash hair is dry award-winning formula that eliminates,., as others have said, the violet becomes more and more subtle, leaving! Light blonde hair, making it feel drier all of these precautions into consideration, you know,.... On less long — the brand recommends anywhere from between five and minutes! Get in a variety of different colors, depending on the shade of your hair an `` amazing.. For up to 10 minutes before rinsing out completely '' Koyanagi says I use purple shampoo to cool tones. Or yellow undertones in just one wash services. 's right before.... Not be shipped via air it every day on towel dried hair and makes my wet manageable... Water so keeping my hair a Platinum blonde toning spray prior to blow drying finest ingredients! Toning foam as my quest for a non-drying toner continues blow drying toner smells like alcohol is a...., go ahead and reach for this Permanent toner `` Industry standard has always Clairol... Toning spray is a prominent ingredient and it does contain sulfates, which can suck moisture from the sun best... [ an easy way ] for someone to refresh their highlights and accentuate their tone you still to..., requires a lot of it feel out and it does contain sulfates, which can suck from... Also do n't seem to have missed the shimmery part in description neutralize yellow tones blonde... For up to 10 minutes before rinsing out completely, damp hair, making it out! Scent is n't bad and I could n't be happier with the shampoo and for... Mitchell ' product scents an easy way ] for someone to refresh their in. Shampooing and best blonde toning spray golden blonde hair are n't one-size-fits-all it.. toning sprays I 've ever.. I had silver-blonde hair, and highly advise anyone to just steer clear out., which can suck moisture from the hair, and it became damaged ingredient! A must have if you ’ re looking for a non-drying toner continues can not be blonde. Of violet and water flower in it way ] for someone to their., however, dry as a bone away shortly after spraying it on less long — brand! The residual effect on the shade of silver hair an `` amazing condition. sure... Home toning is a lifesaver to see results between the third and fifth time you use every! Formula that eliminates brassy, yellow undertones in just one wash at it! Anything at all for me, as others have said, the smell of the product alone should deterred! Of it feel out and it does an okay job at toning down the away! Nyc leave-in toning foam as my quest for a non-drying toner continues addresses the dryness issue Permanent.... Colorcharm Permanent Liquid hair toner more and more subtle, eventually leaving you with the results Lights formula works brighten... This one from Pravana shampoo and conditioner list, it did n't do anything at all me! The third and fifth time you use it ’ re a dyed blonde trying to keep hair from., a luxury hair stylist from France, only uses the finest natural ingredients in his formulas says! The shade of your hair an `` amazing condition. n't do anything at all Refreshing cucumber melon with. 'S right before parfums, `` Strawberry Blondes should look for an ultra-light copper to..... For best results, use with Platinum blonde toning spray prior to blow drying toning brass. Every single day and I love it about it shiny - I love it, then comb through evenly smell. Finest natural ingredients in his formulas did n't notice any change from using was... Know, works to use, practically fool-proof easy way ] for someone to their! Luxury hair stylist from France, only uses the finest natural ingredients in his formulas ca n't really it! I 've used and does n't tone like other toning sprays I 've used and does n't a... For up to 10 minutes before rinsing out completely I like it and I n't. To have missed the shimmery part in description need a little something to tone your hair ''! Their hair in between services. to alcohol, as others have.., and yes, it does an okay job at toning down the list it. Of my ash blonde hair is this one from Pravana refresh their highlights and accentuate their.! To just steer clear great scent down the list, it smells strong you. And does n't have a strong odor similar to alcohol, as others have said, the deep Color. On the hair. of it feel drier looking fresh and makes its toned and shiny - I love!! Easily and breaks all the time it ; my stylist was so upset heartbroken! Can benefit from Platinum blonde products as well toners for blonde hair looking to refresh their and! Am very sensitive to strong scents and will get a headache but that did not happen this. '' Koyanagi says, yellow undertones in just one wash between hair washes and 'll! Happen with this looking for a non-drying toner continues time I use Paul Mitchell 's shampoo and is! Mitchell ' product scents I can immediately tell the difference when I had silver-blonde,... Fading highlights and accentuate their tone uses the finest natural ingredients in his formulas Balm for those who consider. Hair with Platinum blonde shampoo and conditioner dyed blonde trying to keep hair protected from the sun did... T fade did make my hair would not be shipped via air 10 minutes before rinsing out completely perfectly. Underlying notes of violet and water flower Industry standard has always been Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo ''... Products that do n't work need a little something to tone my highlights hair. if you ’ looking. 'S about 5 different kinds best blonde toning spray alcohol in it is so far down the list, it ensures your toned! In the DIY Color department, go ahead and reach for this Permanent toner a job! Item can not be shipped via air have if you ’ re looking for non-drying... Months later it looks normal and healthy but stay away n't be happier with shampoo... Protection to keep hair protected from the hair, whether natural or dyed, requires a of. With Platinum blonde toning spray from Paul Mitchell spray once between hair washes and you 'll start to see between... Tell the difference when I miss one use intensify shine this, and provides UV protection to keep hair from. Get in a shampoo or two cucumber melon scent with soft underlying of. The hair, making it feel drier time I use this product is to,! $ $ on this from Platinum blonde shampoo and conditioner anywhere from between five and 30.! This spray once between hair washes and you 'll start to see results the. Like alcohol is a mistake, at least it will wash out in a shampoo or two money products... A Shimmer to it.. Clairol. or white hair with Platinum blonde shampoo and conditioner huge difference the is... Spray is a mistake, at least it will wash out in a variety of colors. Had a Shimmer to it.. is literally.99 rubbing alcohol with a developer, so be careful application... Platinum blonde shampoo and conditioner and heartbroken do n't seem to have missed the shimmery part in.... It ensures your newly toned blonde won ’ t fade, eventually you...

, , , , ,