Resourceful and entrepreneurial, they relish the role of change agent and work to achieve excellence in education using Microsoft technologies and innovative teaching practices. Are you a teacher striving to find new ways to engage your students? You have opportunities to grow and develop as an educator – Thanks to the MIE program, I have been interviewed by education leaders, written blogs for Microsoft and other education entities, and presented at numerous conferences. Their stories inspire me to do more and help me when I work with my colleagues at different grade levels and content areas. If you become a MIE Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role in the next 12 months. Check out all of the amazing resources on the Microsoft Education website and leave us a comment below to share your favorite MIE Experience. Administrator Professional Development, 3 Steps To Become A Microsoft Innovation Expert, © 2019 Arey Jones Educational Solutions  |. You have built-in Skype and project connections – If you or a colleague at your school wants to work on a collaborative project or Skype calls, you have a built-in network of educators to connect you to their classrooms or their colleagues’ classrooms. You can find your URL by going into Edit Profile and looking under “basic information.”. If you become a MIE-Expert, how do you hope it will impact your current role in the next 12 months. The MIE expert program has been transformational for me. To share the video/Sway in your nomination, you will need to post it online and share it via URL. Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? One of my favorite things about being an MIE Expert is the contagious passion of all my fellow Experts. You will need to submit the URL to your public profile as a part of the nomination process. The self-nomination tool is open year-round. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Ensure that you have successfully passed two hours of courses on the Microsoft Educator Community and earned your Certified MIE. Your examples should demonstrate that you have cultivated a strong 21st century teaching and learning environment. Microsoft, Participate in focus groups giving feedback to development teams on Microsoft products Joining the program is easy. Will Starting School Later Help Teens Do Better? 2. How have you positively … Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? You must be a Certified MIE to become (or stay) an MIE Expert. Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Host regional events showcasing your use of Microsoft technology in the classroom Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? Please share examples. This is a program to inspire your students to learn and achieve more and provide the same knowledge to others. “The Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) Expert program is an exclusive program created to recognize global educator visionaries who are using technology to pave the way for their peers in the effective use of technology for better learning and student outcomes. You are part of an amazing digital faculty of talented, enthusiastic and generous educators who are the best PLN ever! Your examples should demonstrate that you have cultivated a strong 21 st century teaching and learning environment. They share their learning by playing leading roles in regional training sessions, giving presentations at conferences, writing blogs, engaging in social channels, and more. The Staff of 2030: The importance of teaching, learning, and leading during a time of change, Celebrate your changemakers at Microsoft Education Exchange 2019, How an MIE Expert is bridging the gap between classroom and life. My students especially love meeting other students from different countries. Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways into your classroom or your work with teachers. Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? Sharing of knowledge is quintessential to societal development, and Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert (MIEE) program extends that mission on a larger scale. Microsoft requests that you submit either a 2-minute video or Sway that creatively answers the following questions: – Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? How to join the program Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways in your classroom. Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? We are looking for self-driven educators who are passionate about teaching and learning, who inspire students with creative thinking, and work in a truly collaborative spirit to share their learning with the world. Learn why YOU should consider applying to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator. The announcement of the 2020-2021 cohort of MIE Experts will be made during the last week of August 2020. Please take a moment to find me on all of my Social Media channels! Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? I am continuously inspired by the ideas, projects, stories, hacks that MIEs share. September 18, 2018 September 17, 2018 Lee Fallin Leave a comment. MIE Experts have the following opportunities: How have you impacted the learning and growth of your … Describe how you have incorporated Microsoft technologies in innovative ways into your classroom or your work with teachers. You must be a Certified MIE to become (or stay) an MIE Expert. Why did you apply for the Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert Program? Your examples should show that you have cultivated a strong modern teaching and learning environment. Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? Once these three tasks are completed, the educator simply fills out this self-nomination form. Why do you consider yourself to be a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert? How have you positively impacted the learning and growth of your colleagues? You can find your transcript by going into your profile on MEC. General inspiration – it's hard to be lethargic when there's so much inspiration all around the MIE program My students love to meet their students through Skype. How Can Tech Coaches Help Administrators Create Transformative Learning Environments? I am able to share the knowledge and insights gained from my fellow peers and experts in this program with local teachers who do not have the opportunity and often the time to engage in informal or formal learning exchanges where they are able to connect and share ideas for transforming their own teaching practice. The MIE cohort is a group of risk-takers. Be sure that you have joined the Microsoft Educator Community and completed your profile. How have you impacted the learning and growth of your colleagues? Jeff Bradbury, creator of TeacherCast, and father of the famous @EduTriplets Thanks for checking out TeacherCast today. →, Using Data to Create Outstanding Professional Development. Join us in honoring amazing educators all over the world by using these templates to highlight a teacher that inspires you. I look forward to continuing to learn from this group of experts and think everyone who is interested in the purposeful use of technology in education should check out such an opportunity. Create a two-minute video or Sway  that answers the following four questions in a manner that creatively expresses what makes you a Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert. Training – I have a better understanding of Office 365 because of training on the education site (https://education.microsoft.com/). They support you when you need lifting up, they cheer you when you find success and they love to collaborate virtually anytime to craft something that will excite and engage our students to learn to love learning! Tammy Brecht Dunbar, M.Ed., S.T.E.M. Have you reached beyond your classroom to coach/support other teachers in their growth?

, , , , , , , , ,