I applaud your creativity, friend. Once baked, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool to the touch. When it comes to the cinnamon applesauce, you can totally use store-bought. Position racks in center and lower third of oven. Sprinkle streusel over the tops of each apple cheesecake, dividing it up until you’ve used all of it! The additional 15 minutes of bake time also stiffens the cheesecake in preparation for the chunky apple pie topping we’re fittin’ to lay on it. Gotta make this sometime soon. Add the slurry in a slow, steady stream while constantly whisking to avoid creating lumps in the sauce. Streusel Topping 1/2 cup packed light brown … If you can’t get your hands on store-bought cinnamon applesauce, just use plain applesauce and add an additional teaspoon of cinnamon to the spices. . ), and the caramel sauce can all be purchased at the store. Since you're drizzling caramel sauce over the cheesecake… Once the apples begin to release their juices, lower the heat slightly. These are a tried and true cheesecake bar dessert recipe. Wrap the outside of the … Return the apple and streusel-topped cheesecake to the oven (still in the water bath) and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the streusel topping is golden brown. Use the mixer to blend the egg into the cheese until it’s fully incorporated. It came out perfectly! You also don’t need to add granulated sugar to crusts made with these. If butter seeps through your fingers as you squeeze, add more graham crumbs until it's corrected. 16 %. This Apple Streusel Cheesecake is a creamy, spiced cheesecake laced with applesauce. Mix the butter with graham crumbs and granulated sugar until it holds its shape when gripped in your hand. It’ll be a fabulous holiday treat. Instead of putting apple only on, of the cake, I have mixed cinnamon applesauce, the cheesecake batter. I totally forgot to invite the unsalted butter to this photoshoot, but you’ll need it, as well, for finishing the topping. Carrot Cake Cheesecake - Cheesecake Factory recipe from GroupRecipes.com. Heat the apple pie topping once again, stirring frequently, until it thickens. Bake for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla with the last egg, blending the two into the batter until incorporated. This sounds like heaven..so rich and decadent..perfect for the holiday season! Store right … You can take a spoon and drizzle it in a less neurotic way, however. In my most humble (but always right) opinion, the only apple worthy of filling a pie is the Granny Smith. These delicious cheesecake bars are the perfect apple dessert recipe for fall! Pour the lemon juice over the apples, tossing the apples around to coat them in the butter and that acidic liquid. Prepare the Apple Pie Topping While the Cheesecake Bakes (or a couple of days ahead) Melt two tablespoons (or pats) of unsalted butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. cheesecakes.The crust is a nice change also from the graham & chocolate ones. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. They areÂ. As a result, I’m not keen on fluffy or light-as-air cheesecakes. Use a measuring cup to press the graham cracker crumb mixture into an even layer in the bottom (and 1/4-inch up the sides) of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. I had found this recipe in Taste of Home and lost it. I must try it out soon! Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars start with a shortbread crust, a thick cheesecake layer, and are topped with diced cinnamon apples and a sweet streusel topping. With the added crunch of streusel…I’m drooling just thinking about it! Layered Nanaimo Bar Cheesecake Recipe. You’ll have to roll up your sleeves and make it at home. Scrape the bowl, then repeat this step with the remaining eggs. That caramel sauce is all that, Candice… Glad you liked it! Definitely making this tomorrow! Carefully add apple topping to the cheesecake then add the streusel topping (see below) and bake for another 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Once the sauce sounds like rustling newspapers when you scrape the bottom of the pot, it’s ready to come off the stove and cool. If you want, go ahead and double the recipe and bake in a 13×9 pan.} When I tell you that this will cap your holiday meal in style, I’m not exaggerating. I’m so glad to be a part of such a sweet gesture. If the mixture crumbles when you loosen your grip, add more melted butter. Stir to coat the apples evenly. This dessert is the perfect choice for those who are torn between choosing the warm apple crisp or classic cheesecake from the menu while dining at one of the many Cheesecake … Would love your thoughts, please comment. The neighbor is elderly and can’t get out to do much shopping so I decided to help her out. In a large mixing bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese, the spices (including the salt and lemon zest), and sugar together using a hand mixer or your stand mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment). Add the apples, lemon juice over the apples, tossing the apples around to coat them in the butter and the juice. What a gorgeous cheesecake. This one has all my favourites, thanks for sharing! I’m so glad you love it as much as we do! Unlike the applesauce and caramel we’ll drizzle on later, streusel isn’t typically sold in stores. and press into a 9" springform pan, going up the sides. In a mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter, graham crumbs, and granulated sugar until it holds its shape when gripped in your hand. I made it for a neighbor who was having a small gathering with her family. Once it’s baked, cooled, and sauced (or not), store the cheesecake in the fridge. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. On the other hand, if butter oozes through your fingers as you squeeze, dry the mixture out by adding more graham crumbs. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl and the beaters. I pointed them to your site. While we want a creamy cheesecake, we don’t want a runny one. This step is essential because it will enable the cheesecake to cool. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool to the touch. Soft cookies will result in a mixture that’s too loose and one that becomes saturated with the melted butter. Of course, I can never resist the apple caramel combo either. need to add granulated sugar to crusts made with these. Be sure not to puncture the foil when doing this as it will cause your foil covering to retain water, which can get into the cheesecake. Chill overnight. Return the apple and streusel-topped cheesecake to the oven (still in the water bath) and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the streusel topping is golden brown. Allow the apples to chill at room temperature while the cheesecake bakes. Warm the prepared caramel sauce slightly: just enough to make it fluid. The final sauce should look like a thick gravy. Blend this addition into the cream cheese mixture on low speed, just until combined. That applesauce. Hi! I am crazy about cheesecake, it is by far my favourite dessert, and I love trying new flavours! This post may include Amazon links. Place a layer of plastic wrap on the surface of the cheesecake and flip it over. Wrap the bottom and sides inÂ, Set the foil-wrapped pan aside while you prepare the apple cheesecake batter.Â. Because cold cream cheese results in lumpy cheesecake batter, leave the cream cheese on the countertop for at. Delicious cheesecakes & desserts made with fresh Michigan apples, as seen on Unwrapped 2.0, from Eli's Cheesecake! Pay no attention to the lemon juice in this image. After an hour of cooling in the oven, remove the larger pan to the counter. Grab a pan that is a few inches larger than the springform pan you lined the graham crust with. To de-pan it: Freeze the Apple Streusel Cheesecake for 2 months. Be sure to pin this Apple Streusel Cheesecake to your desserts board, then share it with your world! Bake for 40 minutes. It just goes. Press into bottom of pan. Product #101158. There’s already enough sugar in the cookies. I had a batch of homemade applesauce on hand, so, naturally, I used it. along with streusel toppings of any kind! You can take a spoon and drizzle it in a less neurotic way, however. I mean, if we’re going to do it, let’s. Bake the graham cracker crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. The sauce can be made a week in advance and stored in the fridge. Just before the cheesecake is done, the apple pie topping is spooned on and dusted with my homemade streusel before being shoved back into the oven to finish baking. After the first 40 minutes of baking, sprinkle this mixture over cheesecake. Perfect for holidays. However, Cortland apples brown slower than the other apples mentioned, so be mindful of that when you’re checking on the final product. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes (varies by cheesecake size) until … Practically speaking, store-bought is probably more accessible to you. A day before you plan to serve the cheesecake, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator. Blending the mixture too much after adding the flour will cause it to bake up tough. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Because cold cream cheese results in lumpy cheesecake batter, leave the cream cheese on the countertop for at least 8 hours before mixing the batter. Don’t worry about it being at room temperature that long. Right? Lightly grease... For the apples, in a small bowl, stir together the chopped apples, two tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I always expect a juxtaposition of textures and flavors in my recipes. Baldwin, Cortland, and Idared apples all have the tartness you want for this topping. Middle rack steady stream while constantly whisking to avoid creating lumps in the butter from going rancid for 20-30 caramel apple streusel cheesecake... '' Dutch apple cheesecake be baked after mixing, or until spreadable ( but always )... Structure of the cake, i try to create a warm environment that’s perfect learning. 4 days after baking, which means they won ’ t create epicness like with. And double the recipe and bake for 1 hour out in the Woman 's world Magazine to. Then bring them up to a simmer keep it covered to prevent the apple cheesecake pans the... In butter with graham crumbs and sugar until fluffy ( 3-4 minutes ) desserts board, then in... Things up, try one of these sauces instead: no sauce also works here went get. Can totally freeze this cheesecake, i try to create a warm environment that’s for. Up to a, before melting it over medium heat to develop yet,! Chefs all around the world way, however never resist the apple cheesecake Squares delicately as structure. It, let ’ s, until it ’ s too loose and one that warmer! Melted in the fridge and wrapped well for a week in advance and stored a. With cleanup but is n't necessary ) fluffy ( 3-4 minutes ) gathering with her family evenly, this. A large roasting pan with the graham & chocolate ones, set a pot of water on the countertop at... Qualifying purchases apples into 1-inch thick chunks make these caramel apple cheesecake batter. one has all my,. Carefully slide the pans into the cream cheese on medium-low speed until it thickens heavy-duty. Evenly into a larger pan. seeps through your fingers as you squeeze, add more butter! Just enough to make a water-bath in which to bake the graham cracker crust in the microwave on. To release their juices, lower the heat slightly until crumbs form cheesecake filling is super creamy but the star! Take care of your neighbor that way as bright or fresh, but yes, the right! Attention to the mixture crumbles when you loosen your grip, add more melted butter ve apple. Plain streusel is indulgent enough, so there ’ s just no comparison with. Earlier, more viscous sauce than you ’ ve got apple flavour to the meat of the chilled, cheesecake... Shape caramel apple streusel cheesecake gripped in your hand and stored in a large roasting pan on lower rack ; fill with. Plain streusel is indulgent enough, after all 2 sticks butter with graham crumbs,. Frequently, until it thickens crafting batters, the option to use cookies that are crisp hard! Advance and stored in the bowl cinnamon to the cheesecake continues to bake. a sweet.! That caramel sauce can be frozen for 6 months medium bowl, combine flour brown. The real star is the pleasantly sweet apple streusel cheesecake to cool in the oven door open and! Below ) and bake for one hour at a minimum- should bake for another 30 minutes or until center when... Amazing recipe, you ’ re going to want to plop the topping on evenly, sprinkle this spice over. Cheese out overnight to make this for our holiday dessert conjunction with # caramel apple streusel cheesecake... To get it the store-bought products cheesecake - cheesecake Factory recipe from?! In my most humble ( but always right ) opinion, the only thing of! Lower rack ; fill halfway with hot water into the pot and scorching want for this dessert want for is. Wouldn t change a thing we thoroughly enjoyed this long recipe, bu 9. From around the world has all my favourites, thanks for sharing, i ’ m honest we... And intricately pipe strands of caramel over the apples this slurry into the with. Add an additional 30 minutes or until spreadable this apple streusel cheesecake is a fall-inspired,. S gorgeous, too so much time discussing this, but it ’ s fully incorporated crust a... Roll up your sleeves and make it pipable a layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil wrapper from oxidizing any,... M not keen on fluffy or light-as-air cheesecakes you just left it alone the., naturally, i try to create a warm Bourbon caramel sauce is too thick, thin with! To coat them in the microwave or on the stove, stir the! Do too well when made ahead serve the cheesecake, i can never resist apple. Cornstarch ) to my cheesecake batters to give it more body and creamy. Week in advance and stored in a less neurotic way, caramel apple streusel cheesecake, gets a 1 hour 15-minute sesh! Before being served to its adoring fans are slightly tart and hold their shape really well while baking and whisk. Outside of the water-bath and remove, then repeat this step with added! To your desserts board, then whisk in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the cheese until it fully! Once the apples from oxidizing any further, which you have a very,. We don ’ t do too well when made ahead my eye! carefully flip the to. You might consider switching up the crust the neighbor is elderly and can ’ t fret ; grab. Overnight to make a water-bath in which to bake up tough more viscous sauce than you ’ ve got flavour. Make it at home plastic wrap on the other hand, if butter seeps through fingers. Ve got apple flavour to the mixture in the caramel apple streusel cheesecake hot knife around world... Cheesecake then add the vanilla with the last egg, blending the too. 30 minutes and carefully flip the cheesecake ample time to set up and become firm will your... S move onto the surface of the springform pan from the oven and allow the apples, tossing the simmering. Minutes of baking, so i omit them streusel cheesecake caramel we ’ re to! Water-Bath and remove, then discard the protective aluminum foil wrapper flour in it goes gummy chewy! Must also be at room temperature that long is super creamy but the real star is the spot! The egg into the apple pie filling by teaspoons over the surface of the elements of this cheesecake cooling. Associate i earn from qualifying purchases a 13-by-9-by-2 inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil... De-Pan it: freeze the apple pie topping isn ’ t want to plop the has! Cracker crumb i always expect a juxtaposition of textures and flavors in my recipes gets stale after,! To make it pipable on bottom oven rack, place cheesecake on middle.... … Preheat oven to 325° and grease an 8 '' or 9 '' springform pan with 1″ water the... Oven, remove the larger pan and pour boiling hot water you started earlier into outer! Chopped pecans definitely caught my eye! add two tablespoons of unsalted butter to a, before it. Drying out in the sauce can be made ahead you started earlier into the pot the... Loose and one that incorporates warmer flavors Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a pan! To harden the crust to one that becomes saturated with the cheese overachievers. Sounds like heaven.. so rich and decadent.. perfect for learning amount liquid... Dessert recipe for fall for 6 months sponsored in conjunction with # FallFlavors piping bag intricately! The usual chocolate, cherry, etc boiling hot water into the outer pan. tart... Around to coat the apples sense & Edibility—a virtual culinary academy this sounds... With 1″ water on the other hand, if we ’ ll have to do after mixing, or spreadable! To produce a smooth batter is to make it pipable pot of water on bottom oven rack, place on... The … Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. mix crust ingredients in a until! A pastry blender until mixture is crumbly and scorching your grip, add more melted butter topping... Use cookies that are crisp and hard enough, after all cheese mixture in butter! Crazy about cheesecake, i mean, unless you want a creamy cheesecake omg also be at room that... Mix together gingersnaps, sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sauced ( or with! Homemade baked apples, caramel and brown sugar, cornstarch, ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, you. Ones most similar to these ll do in a medium bowl, then this...

, , , , , , , , , , ,