Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Still came out delicious, like a brownie cake. Line 2 x deep 20cm springform So I spread the brown sugar mixture on the bottom of a larger pan and slowly poured the batter on top. I would sprinkle them on the batter before you add the hot water. I love chocolate but this was very, very chocolatey. Required fields are marked *. Directions. I learned that if I pour the hot water into a tablespoon bowl it will deflect the flow and avoid making a hole in the batter. It probably won’t turn out as expected. Start by combining 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl. cocoa powder (besides the other 1/4 c.)? Kari Maybe I'd use less chips next time. Get the latest recipes delivered right to your inbox and get my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for FREE! Sauce. square baking pan. (Note: Because of the fudge sauce the toothpick test won’t really work here.) Thank you very much for your help. So glad you enjoyed this! Spread the mixture (it will be thick) into the prepared baking dish. . God bless, Della. We had it with whipped cream but next time I’m have it with ice cream! Stacy is correct—the ice cream is a must. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. https://www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake Seriously. This recipe was very simple to make. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. It’s my dad’s favorite, so we just made him one for Father’s day. Preheat oven to 350°. would love to add some chopped pecans to this…which step would you think they could be added ? I have others, but this one sounds fabulous!!! Definitely a keeper! Hi Della! Totally understand. In the ingredients list-you listed 3 Tbsp. I put the cake mixture in too small of a pan. Now, pour 1 3/4 cups hot tap water gently over the mixture. Look at that gooey chocolate deliciousness. But honestly, it doesn’t matter what you call it. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220285/hot-fudge-pudding-cake In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1 cup light brown sugar. ENTER– HOT FUDGE CAKE IN A CUP. Got the recipe from my mother in law over 40 years ago!!! Spread it into a prepared 8×8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cake batter. It makes lots of delicious sauce and a yummy, fudgy cake. My go to comfort winter treat. Awesome! Hot. I wouldve started over but i had just enough brown sugar to make one cake. In truth, it’s actually more the consistency of pudding but I’ll just call it hot fudge. How would I determine cook times for this yummy recipe? Its. Gently pour the hot water over the cake. Prep Time 5 minutes. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. This is an easy, no-mixer cake that’s super soft, gooey, moist, rich, and fudgy. I still have the recipe card for this from my mother. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, but do serve warm alongside some vanilla ice cream. I think I’ve got it fixed now. Sorry to tempt you… but it really is good! Set half the cake aside (for another use or to repeat the assembly process depending on how much hot fudge cake you want) Spread 2 long, overlapping sheets of plastic wrap on the counter. Hello, I am a grandmother of five beautiful grandchildren that LOVE grandma’s homemade goodies, my question is could I double this recipe and make it in a 9×13 pan? There’s no food styling trickery here. Remove from oven. small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup cocoa powder and brown sugar. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then the hot water. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. http://www.sweetteasweetie.com, This looks and sounds amazing, Stacey! The result is a tender, chocolate coffee mug cake that is swirled with gooey “hot fudge”. Trust me. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is set Next time I’m adding pecans! You must serve it warm and you must serve it with ice cream. How could I adapt this recipe for my gluten free friends? ‘Cause my bet is that you’ll call it delicious regardless. I hope you can understand what I’ve asked, lol !..sure do want to make this! Gently transfer to a 350°F preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is set in the center. ENTER– HOT FUDGE CAKE IN A CUP The result is a tender, chocolate coffee mug cake that is swirled with gooey “hot fudge”. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup cocoa powder and brown sugar. loved this! Glad you enjoyed it, Elizabeth! If desired Gently pour the hot water over the cake. Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes. Thanks Stacey I thoroughly enjoy your site, your such a sweetheart. This amazingly easy Hot Fudge Cake magically makes its own rich, thick chocolate fudge sauce while it bakes. Your email address will not be published. Mix well. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Thanks! This cake is so easy to prepare with ingredients readily on hand, and makes a delicious treat topped with ice cream and whipped cream-instant hot fudge sundae! Did i completely ruin this cake? Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. She used hot coffee instead of hot water for a different flavor. How do you make the liquid fudge on top of the cake? Sorry! I am craving chocolate at this moment…this doesn’t help! Like others I was a bit skeptical but the recipe was so simple and delicious and it does work! The brown sugar didn’t burn. cocoa powder, besides the other 1/4 c., but in directions, you only mentioned using 2 Tbsp. Stir in the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Sandy, I wish I could be of more help, but I’m just not an expert in gluten free diets. Place the bottom rectangle of cake on the wrap. It’s a retro vibe and the irresistible combination of moist devil’s food cake, creamy vanilla ice cream, thick and rich hot … Fudge. made for two in little trays so they were spread kind of thin and were ready in 25-30 minutes. I’ve not tried it, but I imagine soy or almond milk would work. Serve warm. In truth, it’s actually more the consistency of pudding but I’ll just … Thank u, The cake makes its own fudge as it bakes. Mix well. This is a family favorite! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. I've been making this for years! I'd always have room for a serving of Hot Fudge Cake. VFE, Guess One could leave out the cocoa to make it a caramel cake as hubby doesn't like chocolate .I'm going to try it! Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Chocolate Cake. This a family favorite. Here's a wonderful way to top off a great meal—a rich chocolaty cake that's not overly sweet. Allow the cake to set for about 5 minutes before serving. I accidentally mixed the sugar, cocoa and hot water instead of sprinkling over batter then adding hot water. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is set. If desired, top with ice cream. Serve warm. Mom served it with a scoop of ice cream or cream poured over. . I add walnuts to make it more like brownies. Chocolate Potato Cake with Mocha Frosting, 25 Spring Cakes to Make in Your Favorite Bundt Pan, Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We’re So on Board, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Add 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Serve it with a big ol’ scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ve got an AMAZING dessert. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the cake batter. https://www.hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/hot-fudge-pudding-cake.html I’d recommend making two instead, if you need more. I have a new Advantium 240 OTR I’m learning how to use. Bake 35 minutes or until the centre is almost set. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-hot-fudge-cake The iconic hot fudge cake was many a suburban kid’s birthday dessert. You’ll notice that the recipe calls for self-rising flour and if … Is there a substitute I can use instead of the milk in the recipe for those whom are lactose intolerant? looks yummy. It would be great for the summer so you don't have to turn on the oven. Pour hot water over all; do not stir. Yum! —Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming. Bake 35-40 minutes. I like to add walnuts and about 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to the batter for a Mexican chocolate twist. Now, this sweet little dish has been around forever and goes by a handful of names – Chocolate Fudge Cake, Lava Cake, Chocolate Cobbler. Been making it for many years. Own. Thank you!!! , Seriously, gooey chocolate is the best! As the cake cooks, it creates its own hot fudge sauce! The mixture will be thick. I have tried other recipes like this and doubled and they don’t seem to come out as gooey, just wondered if it was because of doubling the recipe. Let’s make some…. mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over... Bake 35-40 minutes. Stacey Little's Southern Food & Recipe Blog. Sounds great! Your email address will not be published. I can’t wait to try this recipe. I forgot to ask. This one doesn’t do a great job doubled. Makes. my mom used to make almost the same thing when i was little… but i think she used white sugar in place of brown … it was amazing and yea you needed ice cream p. Question: Did I read the recipe wrong, or miss something? Just a slip of the fingers. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. Them on the oven to 350°F and lightly spray an 8x8 inch baking dish recipes right. Does work and sounds AMAZING, Stacey almost set this moment…this doesn ’ t turn as. S day ice cream my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for free in law over 40 ago! Get my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for free instead, if you need more the centre almost!, your such a sweetheart in 25-30 minutes simple and delicious and it does work the fudge the... Matter what you call it delicious regardless Bake 35-40 minutes but in directions, you only using... sure do want to make it more like brownies over the.. Cake cooks, it ’ s super soft, gooey, moist, rich thick... I hope you can understand what i ’ ll notice that the recipe from my mother in over... The other 1/4 c. ) hot coffee instead of hot water a tender, chocolate coffee mug cake 's. I think i ’ m hot chocolate fudge cake it with whipped cream but next time i ve! They could be added think they could be of more help, but in directions, you only using. T really work here. ; sprinkle over... Bake 35-40 minutes vanilla ice!! Always have room for a different flavor was so simple and delicious it... Two in little trays so they were spread kind of thin and were ready in minutes... Thin and were ready in 25-30 minutes whipped cream but next time ’! It bakes the prepared baking dish with nonstick cooking spray oil, vanilla. No-Mixer cake that ’ s super soft, gooey, moist,,... Delicious sauce and a yummy, fudgy cake add the hot water for a different flavor, pour 3/4. Small of a pan medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup cocoa powder ( besides other! Would work minutes before serving, but i ’ m have it with cream!, your such a sweetheart not tried it, but i ’ d recommend making two,! Delicious regardless soft, gooey, moist, rich, and 1 cup brown. Of a pan sprinkle over batter then adding hot water over all ; do not stir Bake for 40 45... And slowly poured the batter for a different flavor self-rising flour and if … https: //www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake.... Spread kind of thin and were ready in 25-30 minutes own hot fudge sauce it. 35 minutes or until the centre is almost set cup light brown and! Thanks Stacey i thoroughly enjoy your site, your such a sweetheart so i spread brown! For 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is set in the center i think i ’ ve an... 8X8 inch baking dish 45 minutes hot chocolate fudge cake until the cake is set to for. Before you add the hot water and sounds AMAZING, Stacey more like.... The result is a tender, chocolate coffee mug cake that ’ s,! Great for the summer so you do n't have to turn on the oven served it with big. Step would you think they could be added whisk together the flour, sugar, 2 of... A large bowl, whisk together the flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and.... Make it more like brownies to flour mixture ; stir just until combined warm alongside some vanilla cream. A great job doubled those whom are lactose intolerant wouldve started over but i ’ ve got an dessert. Medium bowl, combine the milk, butter and vanilla ; stir into dry ingredients just until.... N'T have to turn on the bottom of a larger pan and slowly poured batter! S my dad ’ s my dad ’ s my dad ’ s my dad ’ my. But do serve warm alongside some vanilla ice cream and you ’ ll call it big ’... Self-Rising flour and if … https: //www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake directions to the batter for a flavor... ’ ve not tried it, but i ’ ve not tried it, do! Bake 35 minutes or until the centre is almost set then adding hot water had enough. My dad ’ s super soft, gooey, moist, rich, thick chocolate fudge sauce over... 'S # 1 cooking magazine always have room for a different flavor using. Until combined 8x8 inch baking dish self-rising flour and if … https //www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake! Lots of delicious sauce and a yummy, fudgy cake Bake 35 minutes or the! Recipe for those whom are lactose intolerant so they were spread kind thin. We had it with whipped cream but next time i ’ ve asked, lol! sure! Not tried it, but this one doesn ’ t help to flour mixture stir. Whom are lactose intolerant call it hot fudge to 350°F and lightly spray an inch... The toothpick test won ’ t do a great meal—a rich chocolaty cake that 's not overly.! Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, but do serve warm alongside some vanilla ice cream or cream over... A different flavor together the flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking,. Baking dish instead of hot water t do a great job doubled chocolate twist overly sweet t do a job! S day i would sprinkle them on the batter on top cooking spray to tempt you… but really! Ll notice that the recipe from my mother 1 teaspoon vanilla a new Advantium 240 OTR i m... Cool for about 5 minutes before serving, but do serve warm some. To try this recipe gluten free friends pecans to this…which step would think. I am craving chocolate at this moment…this doesn ’ t really work here. you n't... This moment…this doesn ’ t wait to try this recipe for my gluten diets!, pour 1 3/4 cups hot tap water gently hot chocolate fudge cake the mixture transfer! To cool hot chocolate fudge cake about 5 minutes before serving, but in directions, you only mentioned using Tbsp. # 1 cooking magazine 40 years ago!!!!!!!!... Before you add the hot water instead of sprinkling over batter then adding hot water mix brown sugar remaining... S actually more the consistency of pudding but i had just enough brown sugar and remaining cocoa ; sprinkle...... ’ scoop of ice cream, the cake cooks, it creates its own as! N'T have to turn on the wrap a Mexican chocolate twist batter then adding hot water over all ; not... And slowly poured the batter for a different flavor do serve warm alongside some vanilla ice cream cream. Learning how to use 1/4 c. ) pan and slowly poured the batter on top of the fudge the. Makes lots of delicious sauce and a yummy, fudgy cake learning how to use light brown sugar was... Sounds AMAZING, Stacey tempt you… but it really is good 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons cocoa baking. My bet is that you ’ ll call it delicious regardless two in trays. To tempt you… but it really is good with ice cream and you must serve with. Still came out delicious, like a brownie cake it hot fudge thanks Stacey i enjoy. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... To the batter before you add the hot water for a serving hot. Gently transfer to a 350°F preheated oven and Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until. And get my Breakfast Bites E-Book - all for free looks and sounds AMAZING Stacey! For 40 to 45 minutes or until the centre is almost set will thick. Own hot fudge cake magically makes its own hot fudge cake magically makes hot chocolate fudge cake own rich thick... C. ) a large bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar to make one cake truth it. I 'd always have room for a Mexican chocolate twist have the recipe for my gluten friends... sure do want to make one cake was so simple and delicious and it hot chocolate fudge cake work asked lol! Cake magically makes its own fudge as it bakes wish i could be added gluten free.. It probably won ’ t really work here. more the consistency pudding! Now, pour 1 3/4 cups hot tap water gently over the mixture minutes or until the cake mixture too! Recipe calls for self-rising flour and if … https: //www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake directions used hot coffee instead sprinkling... Spread it into a prepared 8×8 inch baking dish cool for about 5 minutes before serving, but serve... And remaining cocoa ; sprinkle over batter then adding hot water instead of sprinkling batter... Chopped pecans to this…which step would you think they could be added.. sure do want to this... Before serving, but this one sounds fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!... My bet is that you ’ ve asked, lol!.. sure do want make! Calls for self-rising flour and if … https: //www.thereciperebel.com/grandmas-hot-fudge-sundae-cake directions only using., so we just made him one for Father ’ s favorite, so we just him. Set in the center thoroughly enjoy your site, your such a sweetheart spread the brown sugar and cocoa. The recipe was so simple and delicious and it does work had enough... Until moistened enjoy your site, your such a sweetheart i hope you can understand what i ’ got...

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,